Police asking for your dash cam footage!

silver1011

I think it's brilliant all this arguing. At the end of the day, if the police become aware you have a camera that will have captured an offence, you'll have no choice but to hand it over. That said its only really relevant at the scenes of serious RTCs etc.

• Like 1

It sounds to me like the driver is talking on a mobile with no hands free too. So this alone prevents him from sending his video to the Police as he would incriminate himself.

I think it's brilliant all this arguing. At the end of the day, if the police become aware you have a camera that will have captured an offence, you'll have no choice but to hand it over. That said its only really relevant at the scenes of serious RTCs etc.

Do you really have to hand it over or would they need to get some sort of court order?

Do you really have to hand it over or would they need to get some sort of court order?

The police can seize any evidence, no court order needed, if you were unwilling or unable to burn a copy off they could seize the full video system or even the car if needs be.

I didn't realise the schematics for their job was to be omnipresent in deity-like fashion. You'd refuse to hand over footage that would assist you in any manner then  :think:

There isn't really an argument from my POV Fubar, I just can't understand why someone who could help would refuse to. After all i'm certain such footage would be handed over in a flash should the owner be wronged and that's a level of selfishness I can't understand or abide. 

I read this as a general troll for "potentially incriminating footage". I'm saying that in that case you can supply me with the training to identify actual offences, and follow the offender long enough to establish the vehicle identity, before expecting co-operation.

Question still stands, you'd refuse to hand over footage that would assist you because you've not been trained? 

No it doesn't because you're conjecturing a different situation to the one I was addressing. 

This thread has been an interesting read, it has given me much thought, I was wondering how many people would be a witness if they saw an accident or would want one to come forward with any evidence to help them prove their innocence if involved in an accident yet say they would not do the same for others, 

On reading the ' what upset you today' thread there are lots of comments suggesting that most on there would like some sort of redress.

On the subject of policing the roads and other areas, I feel I am capable of policing myself and on the occasions that I fail then I deserve any come back,

Alas since I started driving over 50 years ago, vehicles and people have changed, We were taught to help other motorists, i.e give way to anyone, especially lorries coming uphill, now I am told that learners are taught to claim their own space on the road,

No one seems to have any tolerance any more but if we had, then driving would be even more of a pleasure

If anyone is thinking that I am just an old fool they may be right but I have done thousands of miles without serious incident, driving cars, busses, Hgv's motorbikes with and without sidecar plus track laying vehicles and tractors.

I still love driving and the pleasure has increased since the arrival of my new Skoda Octavia.

to get back on thread I would without hesitation be a witness or give up any evidence to help the innocent, too often people say things like 'don't help the police' my question is, why should we protect the guilty?

Best regards to all, George

• Like 3

I think the police vehicle with police in it that stopped the car, are fully trained to detain a Drink Driver.

He went to court and will be appearing again,

that will be after the Results of the Blood Test or Breath Tests i would imagine.

It says he will be sentenced next month, so i suppose it was Breath Test and he went to court and plead Guilty.

Licence Suspended, Car Confiscated and awaits the courts decision, 

Back Ground Reports now, or appear for Sentencing and then the Sheriff asks for Back Ground Reports.

So DD, caught and then the Professional Law People can run up the Costs and Fees.

The Story being told on the telly is, they put it on Facebook as it was filmed and others were calling the Police.

PCCs are elected and responsible for senior police officials. Indirectly they ARE elected and ARE accountable via PCC elections. That was the whole point of the government spending  WASTING so much money on setting them up. 

Fixed that for you....

PCCs are a total waste of time and money, engineered by a Home Secretary who is worse than that. And what was the turnout rate at the polls? 10%? Next time there's a vote for strike action on a turnout of 40%, wait for the hypocritical Tories to complain about it being a minority vote.

The original comment about senior police officers being politicians, and unaccountable, stands. High ranking officers are regarded as a joke by the rank and file. They're too busy keeping one eye on a future seat in the House of Lords to notice that they're being shafted. This bunch raised barely a whimper when Tom Winsor ripped apart the pay and conditions of officers, but suddenly found their voices when the subject of foreign police chiefs was raised.

• Like 1

Fixed that for you....

Agreed

Fixed that for you....

PCCs are a total waste of time and money, engineered by a Home Secretary who is worse than that. And what was the turnout rate at the polls? 10%? Next time there's a vote for strike action on a turnout of 40%, wait for the hypocritical Tories to complain about it being a minority vote.

The original comment about senior police officers being politicians, and unaccountable, stands. High ranking officers are regarded as a joke by the rank and file. They're too busy keeping one eye on a future seat in the House of Lords to notice that they're being shafted. This bunch raised barely a whimper when Tom Winsor ripped apart the pay and conditions of officers, but suddenly found their voices when the subject of foreign police chiefs was raised.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-24434353

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22907408

I'm not overly certain that its true, they do not appear invulnerable. I would however question whether these actions are taken over performance related issues however. 

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but i see nothing wrong with his overtake. Contrary to your FB post the pickup looks to be nearer 20 ft than the 2 ft you claim when he pulled in, and is accelerating away from you.

What's the problem?

I'm sorry, but i see nothing wrong with his overtake. Contrary to your FB post the pickup looks to be nearer 20 ft than the 2 ft you claim when he pulled in, and is accelerating away from you.

What's the problem?

Joys of the wide angle lens of a dash cam....... it was 2ft away. It scared the living daylights out of me some people might have paniced and swerved if it happened to them. He went on to chop someone else up as he was leaving the motorway a few hundred yards further on. I dare you to try the same move with a traffic cop ....lol ;-)

Having been through this process, it is a simple process. Go to the relevant force's website and complete the contact form, they get in touch with you via e-mail, ask for some further details and the footage, send you out a questionnaire with a pre-paid envelope then wait. In my case the driver was ultimately charged and I was sent a letter informing me of the outcome.

The one thing to note is the time frame for the Police to issue a NIP is 14 days, in my case they had issued the NIP before even receiving the video. See here: https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q557.htm