Reliability/build quality issues?

How about...

Dear Mr iDENTITi,

I am pleased to advise that we are able to offer you a free upgrade to Elegance spec as a gesture of good will.

Lots of love,

Mr Vindis

• Like 1

Been to the dealer just now.

First time I've spoken to Matthew and he's restored my faith in the dealer a little.

He's looking into any goodwill from SUK but there won't be any from vindis, as it's costing them to return the car.

I've been told that legally they don't have to return it yet. But they will do soon and are doing it now.

No ETA. Still paying finance on something I don't have, still paying insurance on something I don't have.

Spoke to finance, and there's nothing they can do about payments etc.

It's getting to the point where I may as we'll just return it and get my money back.

So you are getting a new car and the extras are a goodwill gesture? If so then good for you.  I assume you still have the loan car in the mean time?  If so then you are paying finance and insurance but have a car. Nor your own car but your own car will be a new reg and will some 3 months less use on it which is nice.  It looks like things are progressing OK now. Fingers crossed for you.

Right so they don't seem to be budging. But that may change.

I'm not going to reveal an exact amount they've offered but I will say the only options I can have without adding anything are the lower priced ones, eg rough road package, mfsw, led lights etc. and only a single option.

this is a 50/50 offer from SUK and vindis.

Who are still stating that legally, they don't have to replace my car. Or give me a refund if I return it.

I've been told by vindis that me posting on here harms their reputation, I think they're doing a mighty fine job of that themselves.

"I've been told by vindis that me posting on here harms their reputation, I think they're doing a mighty fine job of that themselves."

Considering that they can not share their side of story on here, I think they do have a point.

To keep the peace and give both parties a chance to complete the transaction amicably, I would suggest you just keep things between you and the dealer for the time being.

Good luck with getting it sorted, I hope for you and the dealer that it doesn't drag on much longer.

"I've been told by vindis that me posting on here harms their reputation, I think they're doing a mighty fine job of that themselves."

Considering that they can not share their side of story on here, I think they do have a point.

To keep the peace and give both parties a chance to complete the transaction amicably, I would suggest you just keep things between you and the dealer for the time being.

Good luck with getting it sorted, I hope for you and the dealer that it doesn't drag on much longer.

Surely you mean they won't rather than can't. If it's harming their reputation they could just sort it out and offer a decent level of service or just post that they contest what is claimed. As I said on here before leadership there is obviously non existent. Even the simplest job of cleaning his car was done with what seemed like complete contempt and their obvious lack of quality systems let it go unchecked. If no one spends 30 seconds checking the cleaning is ok, what do you suppose the chances are of checking that serving and repairs are completed correctly?

The dealer, vindis, has as far as they've indicated to me, read this thread.

I have made them aware of it. They are quite capable of getting one of their customer services staff to sign up and act on their behalf.

But judging from the dealer feedback thread under their name on here, it isn't something they're interested in.

Everything I have posted has been carefully worded and certain facts have been omitted to protect them and myself. I'm not out to watch the world burn, but I will document their ( in my opinion) poor service and customer services.

They've given me seven days to accept their offer until it lapses.

I have taken things even further however, as I find the whole situation laughable and ridiculous.

I am sure if this was your car, you wouldn't just sit there quietly and accept everything.

• Like 1

Are they still offering you an Elegance to replace the rejected SE?

Obviously I don't know all about the hassle you've had with the dealer but Isn't the £1000+ difference in list price a decent amount of goodwill?

If my dealer offered me an upgrade when I rejected my car I would have taken it without hesitation.

In my case SUK were pushing to change the engine after I'd only put 200 miles on the clock. Luckily my dealer backed my stance and put me in a new car no questions asked

Just my opinion, but like I said I don't know your full story.

Hope you get everything sorted soon. It's can be such a stressful experience

They want to replace it like for like with another SE (tried to get me to change colours a few times!) and one lower option FOC.

No refund if I don't want a replacement car either.

Ask them to fix the lemon then.  They can't and they no it.

oh and that loaner superb...drive it like you stole it at every opportunity,....doughnuts on the forecourt of the dealership even.

hmm...am I being wicked?  :giggle:

• 2 months later...

Sorry to take so long to update this..

Vindis delivered the car to me last Wednesday, which it was delayed by them slightly, as they wanted to "right the wrongs" so to speak.

Phillip threw in a full detail, some floor matts and another £30 off the total if I waited a few days for it to be done.

Car was then properly handed over to me (complete with cloth hiding the car in the showroom!)

Really made up for the whole previous experience, and I cannot say enough good things about Phil now.

However...

Car has errors on it, which I've basically been told to ignore for the time being by servicing, until it develops enough to bring up errors on the cars information screens.

1 Fault Found:
8531970 - Quiescent Current 
          U1406 00 [008] - Too High
          Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00000001
                    Fault Priority: 7
                    Fault Frequency: 3
                    Reset counter: 65
                    Mileage: 549 km
                    Date: 2014.06.02
                    Time: 23:23:03

I'm really hoping its not a repeat of last time, but we will see!

Sorry to take so long to update this..

Vindis delivered the car to me last Wednesday, which it was delayed by them slightly, as they wanted to "right the wrongs" so to speak.

Phillip threw in a full detail, some floor matts and another £30 off the total if I waited a few days for it to be done.

Car was then properly handed over to me (complete with cloth hiding the car in the showroom!)

Really made up for the whole previous experience, and I cannot say enough good things about Phil now.

However...

Car has errors on it, which I've basically been told to ignore for the time being by servicing, until it develops enough to bring up errors on the cars information screens.

1 Fault Found:
8531970 - Quiescent Current 
          U1406 00 [008] - Too High
          Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00000001
                    Fault Priority: 7
                    Fault Frequency: 3
                    Reset counter: 65
                    Mileage: 549 km
                    Date: 2014.06.02
                    Time: 23:23:03

I'm really hoping its not a repeat of last time, but we will see!

You are kidding!

After all you have been through they deliver a brand new car that has fault codes logged and tell you to ignore them?????

Until when - the car catches fire????

Log this with SUK now as that is a joke. That fault code is on the battery control module at a guess???

It's on the CAN BUS module.. the same one the monitors the BCM and the alternator controller.

After a bit of googling (and a dictionary to decipher what "Quiescent Current" means) I've deciphered that it MAY be the cars drawing too much power while its shut down.

It only pops up when the cars off, but it happens A LOT, as in two, three times a day.

It's logged with SUK, and the dealer, but neither have replied to emails for a few days!

Basically, I think they're unhappy I actively searched for them instead of waiting for the inevitable error message, or the car being on fire.

Unfortunately I never got a chance to scan the old car with VCDS, so I'm unsure what the actual error codes were...

One thing I THINK it could be, if not a serious fault, is the fact I have a dash cam permanently on, but I can't see a few milliamps throwing an error code!

It's on the CAN BUS module.. the same one the monitors the BCM and the alternator controller.

After a bit of googling (and a dictionary to decipher what "Quiescent Current" means) I've deciphered that it MAY be the cars drawing too much power while its shut down.

It only pops up when the cars off, but it happens A LOT, as in two, three times a day.

It's logged with SUK, and the dealer, but neither have replied to emails for a few days!

Basically, I think they're unhappy I actively searched for them instead of waiting for the inevitable error message, or the car being on fire.

Unfortunately I never got a chance to scan the old car with VCDS, so I'm unsure what the actual error codes were...

One thing I THINK it could be, if not a serious fault, is the fact I have a dash cam permanently on, but I can't see a few milliamps throwing an error code!

Dashcam is more than likely the issue then as it will be drawing current when the CAN Gateway is exoecting everything to have gone to sleep and be drawing minimal current.

As posted above, try disconnecting it and see if you still get the fault code logged.

I don't see how they can be unhappy that you have checked the car for error codes after the saga you have been through.

Oh - forgot to mention - my puddle lights keep staying on after locking the car - I was in the supermarket for 20 minutes last night, came out and my car was sat there with the puddle lights still on!

Went home and it did the same again on the drive.

Along with the Columbus keep locking up and losing audio when listening to the radio this car is full of buggy software.

Still having a select number of electrical gremlins with the media and infomat systems as follows;

infomat occasionally switches from driving data since start (page I normally leave it on) to vehicle status page on start, usually to let me know I haven't as yet closed the door but there is no consistency as to when it does this, as I can leave the door open and it can display either driving data or status depending on its mood.

Car switches from previously playing media SD card to radio on start (did this twice yesterday).

Then a new one which started a week ago and so far happened three times, is the media touch key on the infomat driving data screen greys out and becomes unavailable, although you can still scroll through the track list using the rocker switch and maxidot display.

TP

I'm still having electrical quirks like you two as well,

headlights turning themselves on for a split second while the switch is off and starting the car is one too! but hard to spot.

Plugging the camera in sometimes does and sometimes doesn't bring the error up.. haven't had it come up with it unplugged, but I don't like to leave it unplugged after what happened to the last loan car Vindis gave me.

It was keyed both sides front to back, every panel, by one guy who did my entire street. So I'd rather have it on over night!