Reliability/build quality issues?

What a bunch of donkeys. You know, things happen but it's the way the mistakes are dealt with that makes the difference. Something they don't seem to grasp.

While I had some quality issues with my car and some dealer prep related ones too I have been happy how they've been dealt with and in reflection the guys I've dealt with have been spot on.

The dealers failings seem unforgivable

Mine is not yet picked up, but I have already found this:

zdj%25C4%2599cie+5.JPG

I hope that is the last issue I find on this car...

Also I decided to pick it up w/o PDI - my detailer said it's best not to let them ruin new car paint... I'm having Ceramic Pro Light cover applied.

This is why I got rid of my Vxr, I can accept things break but not the constant battle to get it fixed, along with the fact 5 different dealers couldn't diagnose why it kept chucking service ESP errors.

It's the customer service that makes or breaks a brand, not a part failing in the first place.

To be fair at least VX cleaned mine properly, that's abysmal and I'd like to know if SUK think that it's acceptable from one of their brand ambassadors.

I received a reply from Jamie Vindis today.

Unfortunately I had to correct him on some details, but that is just what the dealership has told him.

Also found out a few things I didn't know in regards to the repairs of my car, but I won't divulge that yet.

Sorry for the cryptic update, but while it's going backwards and forwards between us, I'd rather not comment or say anything unless it's general.

He has already called attention to the fact he disagrees with my posts.

I will post up what they may decide to do in regards to fixing the problems and addressing my complaints, so as to restore some of their company image.

Maybe it'd be better to let them work it out and not post anything further until they have had a chance to resolve things?  :wonder:

Hence not posting anything. Just doing a general update to let people know that skoda, and the dealer, aren't just ignoring the situation.

They have been reasonable so far, so I am being reasonable in not posting what's being done/isn't being done until it's all fully worked out between ourselves.

However, I am a firm believer in the fact companies can redeem themselves, and I really hope they do.

I received a reply from Jamie Vindis today...

He has already called attention to the fact he disagrees with my posts.

He would disagree! This fiasco makes the whole outfit look like cowboys lacking in leadership, service and quality. I can't believe the saga and those hideous post valet pictures. No quality control system, no matter how shoddy would let a car be released to the customer in that state. It's inexcusable.

If the 'leadership' team pay a similar level of interest to repairs and servicing as they do valeting and customer service I'd worry weather staff could be bothered to complete them anyway as your pictures show that work goes completely unchecked in this organisation.

I've had that error as well - it went away after 2 days and has never come back. Did you ever have a problem with TPMS not storing tyre pressures - just coming with a message 'Unable to store tyre pressures'?

Nope.

Although this was the precursor to my abs unit failing.

Currently in the superb again as I refuse to drive it now.

Maybe the problem is more widespread than they're letting on?

Still in the superb, still drinking diesel like it's going out of fashion.

Although by the fact my cars sat outside the dealer again, I'm guessing the phone call I missed was them telling me to pick it up.

Still haven't found why the fault is happening.

Last thing I heard from them was saying the handheld scanner I have (Autel, so not a cheap no name unit) has either made it impossible for them to find the fault, or has damaged the car.

You have to be bloody joking.

The last thing they were investigating as the cause was the airbags and seatbelts.

I'll let everyone just guess at wether I want that car back.

So... A revelation.

The cars being returned and a new one is being sourced.

They're not entirely sure what's wrong with it. And they've admitted it too.

There's been errors in the airbag and seatbelt controllers due to communication problems. Hence investigating them.

They THINK, and I stress think as they really aren't sure, that there's a problem with the can bus, wether it be a short or a loose connection.

It was their suggestion to replace the car, which has surprised me slightly.

Just waiting on SUK and the dealer talking it over, should get a call later today.

They're going to try find me another car in stock and swap them ASAP.

Does anyone know what will happen regarding the finance? I'm going to ring them later and complain about paying for a faulty car etc, but I don't think I'll get far.

Also not looking forward to swapping insurance policy over.

• Like 2

That was an interesting read..sorry to hear about your hassles but lets hope you get a new car with zero issues if only to restore your confidence in the brand.

Poor after sales can destroy any brand and certainly will only destroy any hope of return business for them in the future!

So... A revelation.

The cars being returned and a new one is being sourced.

They're not entirely sure what's wrong with it. And they've admitted it too.

There's been errors in the airbag and seatbelt controllers due to communication problems. Hence investigating them.

They THINK, and I stress think as they really aren't sure, that there's a problem with the can bus, wether it be a short or a loose connection.

It was their suggestion to replace the car, which has surprised me slightly.

Just waiting on SUK and the dealer talking it over, should get a call later today.

They're going to try find me another car in stock and swap them ASAP.

Does anyone know what will happen regarding the finance? I'm going to ring them later and complain about paying for a faulty car etc, but I don't think I'll get far.

Makes you wonder how much fixing such a fault would cost after the warranty runs out.......?

success! well..no working car that you are happy with yet, but agreement on a course of action.  Fingers crossed for a suitable car, good news frm the finance, and something to say sorry from SUK and Vindis

When i rejected my old Mk2 the PCP finance was just transferred over onto the replacement vehicle. Same spec,same list price and GFV. Payment dates also remained the same. Dealer handled everything with SUK and VWFS.

I have my insurance through Skoda and there was no problem swapping over. Price remained the same and no admin fees.

Glad to hear you are getting rid of the lemon. 

• Like 1

Yep, I'm due to collect my replacement car next week after rejecting my current one. I've been assured that the finance will swap onto the new car which means I'm quids in as the new car will be a 14 plate with zero miles and I'll be six months into the PCP! I did make sure I got that I. Writing though, just in case. Swapping insurance policies shouldn't be a problem, at worst it might cost you an admin fee depending on the insurance company.

Hopefully you aren't waiting too long on the replacement.

I'm not sure. It depends what compensation I get.

At the moment they're talking about a replacement with same spec and no good will has been suggested at all from SUK or vindis.

There's apparently two cars in the country with my spec (SE) in white.

Is it wrong of me to expect some good will?!

Its quite rare for a dealer to accept a rejection of a car; they usually insist on repairing the original car.

Its only that the problem has the dealers and SUK stumped that they've agreed to replace it.

They'll probably fix it in their own time and sell it on as a used motor.

I have had so many cars over the year and unfortunatly the word customer service is just that it does not count for a lot now, my last car from another group,i had a problem with this and that and oh yes we will get it sorted but words are cheep it is the action i prefer to see,i am all ways after a good deal like most people but customer service that don,t happen to often,i have used Vindis and while happy sorting the deal we were left a little empty in other parts,i would wish you well,but for me with all the agro you have had and more to the point there MD says what he has i personaly could not.all the best any way.

I'm not sure. It depends what compensation I get.

At the moment they're talking about a replacement with same spec and no good will has been suggested at all from SUK or vindis.

There's apparently two cars in the country with my spec (SE) in white.

Is it wrong of me to expect some good will?!

Not wrong at all. Have a dig through my "it's here post". I have had no mechanical problems at all and I have had goodwill (although it was more like "no news is good news" when I asked the dealer about the extra options I popped on!). I'm not sure if it was Skoda or the dealer that agreed to swap the car but it was agreed to be swapped within a week of me collecting it.

It seems the supplying dealer realises they aren't going to get anymore business from you and can't see the point in trying. I'd be disappointed if Skoda thinks this is right though.

Pm me if you want to know the ins and outs of my car.