VRS trashed at Grimsby Dock

Because it was crashed no doubt by the numpty who unloaded it off the boat, as a result I have been delayed 4 weeks by the lack of information.

Skoda Simply Evasive

feel for you mate,they should have had the decency and courtesy to be straight and upfront from the start,it should have been down to skoda uk to have contacted you from the outset and offered a replacement,hope things are safer on tyne side as thats where mine is heading for apparently

Deano,

Perhaps Skoda UK can fund a bloody good stress free holiday,  for you and the family!

Week in Prague, to pick up the new motor from the factory. Motor to have all the bells and whistles on it ,you deserve that.

• Like 4

I won't hold my breath, my expectation is an offer of a set of mats and mud flaps, followed by some foot stomping and teeth gnashing by me...I will need a few pints of Budva by the end of this though

• Like 1

I won't hold my breath, my expectation is an offer of a set of mats and mud flaps, followed by some foot stomping and teeth gnashing by me...I will need a few pints of Budva by the end of this though

Deano,

Go for GOLD,AMAZING WHAT LOCAL /NATIONAL PRESS CAN DO!!

Thanks Mike I imagine it's at least another 2-3 months if they prioritise but watch this space.

Like I said before, my car was meant to be prioritised but it's only just being built after ordering in September!

I did manage to get about £500 of options foc too and mine was "only" paint issues that caused it to be rejected. I'd hope you'd get at least double that for your car being pretty much written off while in their care.

• Like 1

I'd push for VAT Free, 0% PCP, 3 Yr Free Servicing and 5 Yr warranty and take the repaired car!, assuming only superficial damage and no structural damage?

Hope you get a decent offer.

Jeez - and I whinged about some minor stuff on mine..

Feel bad for you matey - We know Skoda will get you another one, but the delay and hassle - not to mention cost of calls and letters trying to find out what the hell happened.

Seriously - I'd change dealership because they couldn't get the information to you, and complain to Skoda asking for X, Y and Z - and if you don't get it, you ARE cancelling and informing press.  Social Media open complaints go a long way.. Use Twitter, Facebook to your advantage.

Good luck and let us know what Skoda offer and you accept.

• Like 1

Yep blatantly been pranged and the airbags gone off on the drivers side; wasnt sure the airbags would operate whilst the car is set in transport mode but there we go.

Yep blatantly been pranged and the airbags gone off on the drivers side; wasnt sure the airbags would operate whilst the car is set in transport mode but there we go.

Unless they would have to replace them as a matter of course. New car, pranged don't want to risk it.

Does the jury think that the 'owners' of the damaged cars would be automatically informed of the problem?

If dealers are suddenly offering the prospective owners a delayed 01 March collection could they be stalling for time to get the damaged cars fixed?

Curious as I have friends awaiting their vRS Estate to pitch up. Last heard of it was waiting for a ship and the dealer has just agreed a delayed collection to 01 March.... That said, no idea which port it's coming through (delivery to Bucks).

Does the jury think that the 'owners' of the damaged cars would be automatically informed of the problem?

If dealers are suddenly offering the prospective owners a delayed 01 March collection could they be stalling for time to get the damaged cars fixed?

Curious as I have friends awaiting their vRS Estate to pitch up. Last heard of it was waiting for a ship and the dealer has just agreed a delayed collection to 01 March.... That said, no idea which port it's coming through (delivery to Bucks).

I would imagine Tilbury, I was originally told 16 were damaged when mine was at Grimsby, all but a few of the parts for my original are on back order

Good stuff. I wonder what's happening about all the other cars that were damaged in the same incident?

Most likely repaired and sold as if nothing had happened.

• Like 1

Good to read you have a solution to the problem.  I have also dealt with KW (who is a senior customer services manager) on a different matter with my Fabia Grrenline.  Ultimately on reflection the things Skoda (KW) did is why I now have an Octavia.

• Like 1

Wow what a difference a customer service person can make and I am deliberately keeping this anonymous so as not to personally attack people.

Earlier today I was given a level of compensation that was derisory and told that there was no way Skoda UK could escalate my order and prioritise it, which would have meant 11 months from order to delivery.

I then complained upon high at Skoda UK.

As a result I had the pleasure of speaking to KW at Skoda UK, instantly she was personable understood the problem, took ownership and resolved my issues in a few hours.

As a result I have a compensation package I feel comfortable with in the form of nice extras on the vehicle (and no I won't reveal what it is sorry) an agreement to change an existing stock order which is 6-7 weeks into the order process to my spec and then to prioritise this at the factory, which KW will continue to track and provide updates.

Finally I will keep the hire car until mine is delivered.

Now I understand how Skoda perform so well in the JD Power Survey to improve things further KW needs to train all of the staff.

It's a shame that the first person didn't perform as well but great that it's being sorted and that you're happy with what has been worked out. You WILL be excited when delivery day gets closer knowing you'll have more buttons to push and in the meantime enjoy the free(ish) motoring you're getting in the hire car!

• Like 2