Soft99 fusso coat?

Dinski

• 1 year later...

Yesterday I polished the "Illness" with Fusso soft after a wash and dry,she looked gorgeous! This morning,after over night rain,drove her three miles to local Tescos and she was virtually dry and that was not going over fifty...astonished..

• Like 2

Yesterday I polished the "Illness" with Fusso soft after a wash and dry,she looked gorgeous!

This morning,after over night rain,drove her three miles to local Tescos and she was virtually dry and that was not going over fifty...astonished..

Sounds about right to me - Fusso is superb for the money! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Another coat on over the,supposed warm,weekend and hopefully that's the winter sorted !

Very nice indeed. It's one of the possible options for my car this winter as well.

Likewise - when I first tested it - I applied two coats - it was absolutely stunning.!! :rock:

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong I do have the "OCD cleaning car" issue that it appears is shared by other members.What I don't have is the equipment or diligence that others display.I was therefore very happy to see that with just a good thorough cleaning,followed by an easy application,thirty minutes tea drinking and biscuit eating to get the strength up  before buffing the "dust" off should have the reward of such a gorgeous finish.It almost felt like cheating. 

Considering how many other polishes I have used over the years none have achieved the level that Fusso  has.I acquired the product for just short of thirty pounds inclusive of delivery but I would have thought there has got to be another 90 or so applications on the vRS which means assuming there is not a serious scientific discovery improving longetivity of life at two coats every 12 months my can of Fusso will out live me which makes it a bargain surely? 

• Like 2

Don't get me wrong I do have the "OCD cleaning car" issue that it appears is shared by other members.What I don't have is the equipment or diligence that others display.I was therefore very happy to see that with just a good thorough cleaning,followed by an easy application,thirty minutes tea drinking and biscuit eating to get the strength up  before buffing the "dust" off should have the reward of such a gorgeous finish.It almost felt like cheating. 

Considering how many other polishes I have used over the years none have achieved the level that Fusso  has.I acquired the product for just short of thirty pounds inclusive of delivery but I would have thought there has got to be another 90 or so applications on the vRS which means assuming there is not a serious scientific discovery improving longetivity of life at two coats every 12 months my can of Fusso will out live me which makes it a bargain surely? 

With this product a very thin application is required - you should be able to do 100+ cars with that pot!

It can be dusty to buff off; but excessive dust could also indicate slightly too thick a layer has been applied....

Therefore on your next coat try to keep the application very very thin.

As long as you enjoy your detailing my friend - that's the main thing. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Always apply waxes thinly, not just Fusso and use a damp applicator sponge too

Not easy on a white car, as you cant see where you've been very easily..as I well know.

So be systematic and youll be fine

Apply a second coat after an hour or so..Best the next day TBH, but a light wipe of the overnight dust first if leaving it overnight

Some great beading from Fusso..... a mates work which Jackie Wong uses on the Nipponshine website :thumbup:

12048416_10206261513289949_1807791081_n.

That is one of the best beading shot's I've seen! Get your mate on the forum Ste!! I know it's a good beader, but you can tell the level of prep in that photo is top notch.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well just used fusso 99 light, what can i say thats not been said. Put 2 coats on an hour apart absolutely breeze to use and not warm weather either in york at the moment.

• Like 1

Well just used fusso 99 light, what can i say thats not been said. Put 2 coats on an hour apart absolutely breeze to use and not warm weather either in york at the moment.

Good to hear  - glad it was easy enough to use for you.

That's the key with Fusso - thin coats and low panel temperature.

2 coats - should look awesome and bead exceptionally well :thumbup:

Yes car looks absolutely new, a good clay bar with the new cloth. Must say was impressed with that as well, only took half an hour to do full car.

Having said that it wasnt that bad. Just waiting on the sun now. Some body quoted water just flew off the car while driving can vouch for that. Just see how it holds up now never noticed much dust either.

• Like 1

Yes car looks absolutely new, a good clay bar with the new cloth. Must say was impressed with that as well, only took half an hour to do full car.

Having said that it wasnt that bad. Just waiting on the sun now. Some body quoted water just flew off the car while driving can vouch for that. Just see how it holds up now never noticed much dust either.

It is a great product for sure; just a a bit fickle on application at times.

A few people have struggle with it badly by not adhering to the guidelines and tips about application.

For the money, and if you have the application technique sorted - you wont find much better - IMO :thumbup:

PS.... of course - the 12 months protection is a far stretch really; 6 months tops in the UK conditions at best.

If i get 3 or 4 months woud not bother me tbh, iv had loads of looks already and weathers rubbish to say the least.

I hate seeing dirt on the car, but as its a daily driver cant be helped. Smells a bit strange but i dont care with that finnish,

Think its the dark fusso giving the problems. If i owned a dark car, i would would just use the light the pop is amazing. 

Yes and can vouch cold was the way for me. May try the wheel one next, seems only the russians have that.

• Like 1

If i get 3 or 4 months woud not bother me tbh, iv had loads of looks already and weathers rubbish to say the least.

I hate seeing dirt on the car, but as its a daily driver cant be helped. Smells a bit strange but i dont care with that finnish,

Think its the dark fusso giving the problems. If i owned a dark car, i would would just use the light the pop is amazing. 

Yes and can vouch cold was the way for me. May try the wheel one next, seems only the russians have that.

Very true.... i cant recall who it was having the issues now??? But might have been on a dark car with Fusso dark as you say.

Still i think it was fundamentally user error - as i recall it was plastered on a bit thick and warmer than ideal panel temperatures.

All in all... a recipe for disaster on the Fusso front.

Very interested in your thoughts on the wheel wax if you try it. :yes:

I'm looking round now for a new wheel wax. I was going to try BMD Revolutions... but not purchased as yet.

That does look good indeed...... we shall see if its hype or not i guess....

The best bit about Fusso though will be your first maintenance wash thereafter...

With 2 coats on - i found that even the snowfoam struggled to sit on the car and beaded!!!!

Coincidentally - I was digging out some waxes to lend to a friend for this weekend;

so also stumbled on my Soft99 Fusso and Athentic tubs at the same time.

Left them at the front of the cabinet - I might just get to use them sometime soon :thumbup:

I love/hate Fusso99, On my solid red vRS i saw ghosting in the paintwork, initially i put that down to the applicator as its rubbish.  Sometimes i was still getting it with a better applicator, to the extent i would use Dodo Juice Red Mist to flatten it out more which gave incredible results.

• Like 2

I love/hate Fusso99, On my solid red vRS i saw ghosting in the paintwork, initially i put that down to the applicator as its rubbish.  Sometimes i was still getting it with a better applicator, to the extent i would use Dodo Juice Red Mist to flatten it out more which gave incredible results.

Hi Rob, was that the tropical?  I had a Dodo Red Mist and it used to near as make no difference strip the LSP underneath?  I think Tropical was better.

Obviously Soft99 is an unusual LSP anyway so not sure what effect it would have.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...