Upgrade vRS Interior Lights

I'd be interested to see the led indicators !!! Bet they would look good with the drl flash!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have only fitted LED indicators to the rear, as unfortunately the front ones cannot be changed without cutting bits out of the headlamp unit and buying repair kits etc. :(

I would have liked to have LED's on the front too, but it isn't worth the hassle, time and expense for the sake of two bulbs IMO.

Looks great! I always get confused by the drls as I always thought they were leds? (they certainly look "white" enough for me) and I can't see much of a difference between your drl pix with them on.

6000K LED's arrived today!

I'd be interested to see the led indicators !!! Bet they would look good with the drl flash!

As Promised here is the video of the Philips LED indicator compared with the normal one (again, please excuse the quality):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUh25GK4n-w&feature=youtu.be 

Looks great! I always get confused by the drls as I always thought they were leds? (they certainly look "white" enough for me) and I can't see much of a difference between your drl pix with them on.

Thanks! The DRL's are LED's, are yes they are plenty white enough. The sidelights are different, and light up the little strips running front to back along the bottom of the headlight. The original (halogen) bulbs were a little yellow-ish to me, as were the 4000K LED's I replaced them with. Now I have put the 6000K LED's in I think it looks better :)

They do have more of a bluish tint now than the others, but unfortunately Osram/Philips don't make the LED's at around 5000K, which would be near enough perfect:

20151106_140107.jpg

20151106_140116.jpg

I think they blend quite well with the headlights.

20151106_140139.jpg

• Like 4

Sorry guys and this is just me wanting second opinions. I'm not going to code my reg plate lights. But I have bought the Superskoda CAN BUS friendly ones which weren't cheap. I get that there are some cheap versions which could be risky, but these were nearly 40 euros and recommended on previous threads as a quality product. Are we saying though that there isn't a safe, sustainable LED number plate light option out there without coding? Or are there good enough products for them not to be a risk, such as the Superskoda ones? I'm not asking what is your preferred method. "To code or not to code?" I'm asking purely on a CAN BUS friendly basis. Cheers.

Sorry guys and this is just me wanting second opinions. I'm not going to code my reg plate lights. But I have bought the Superskoda CAN BUS friendly ones which weren't cheap. I get that there are some cheap versions which could be risky, but these were nearly 40 euros and recommended on previous threads as a quality product. Are we saying though that there isn't a safe, sustainable LED number plate light option out there without coding? Or are there good enough products for them not to be a risk, such as the Superskoda ones? I'm not asking what is your preferred method. "To code or not to code?" I'm asking purely on a CAN BUS friendly basis. Cheers.

I have the SuperSkoda CANBUS number plate LED lights & have been in for around 2-3 months with no issues so far, there actually a really good quality product to be fair, they even come with passive cooling heat sinks that helps to dispense the heat or to stop the actual LED from getting hot ;) I think it will be safe but it's not 100% as the correct way to be a 100% would be to code via VCDS but its up to you what you want to do, its your car but as I said, I have them & I think on page 1 of this thread you will see what they look like in-terms of brightness 

Up to you, but 40 euros is a lot of money for 2 LEDs.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I have the SuperSkoda CANBUS number plate LED lights & have been in for around 2-3 months with no issues so far, there actually a really good quality product to be fair, they even come with passive cooling heat sinks that helps to dispense the heat or to stop the actual LED from getting hot ;) I think it will be safe but it's not 100% as the correct way to be a 100% would be to code via VCDS but its up to you what you want to do, its your car but as I said, I have them & I think on page 1 of this thread you will see what they look like in-terms of brightness

thanks mate, appreciate the constructive feedback. Most helpful.

• Like 1

Has no-one looked at SkodaDop? bought a pair of OEM ones (for the Yeti/Rapid I think) for around £7 at the time with a few other bits. Just looked now and they are still only 5.47€ each.

http://skodadop.com/en/yeti-/eksterer-yeti/svetodiodnyj-led-fonar-osvetsheniya-nomernogo-znaka-.html

Came in a little OEM Skoda bag with instructions!

There is a tiny bit of plastic that needs nipping off as the other cars seem to have a locating peg the other way round but otherwise fits as it was meant to plugs straight in. The lenses and the blank on the unit do a pretty good job of just lighting the plate 

The only thing was I did keep getting error messages coding as allgemeine LED, but LED Keinleistung (low power) works just fine.

• Like 1

Fluffy, do you get errors when changing the indicators to LEDs? I know Andy has told us that changing the number plate bulbs to LED with throw up errors.

Thanks

No. Only the number plate LED's have produced bulb-out warning. The indicators and front side lights have not, they're working fine and without errors. Whether this is something to do with the LED's themselves (although the side's are the same as I've used in the number plate lights), or the indicators and sidelights are not monitored I do not know.

I was originally going to use the Osram LED replacement for the indicators too, but it is still an orange casing around the LED, which I didn't want. I know the bulbs are covered at the rear but you can still see a little orange with them off. 

• Like 1

6000K LED's arrived today!

As Promised here is the video of the Philips LED indicator compared with the normal one (again, please excuse the quality):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUh25GK4n-w&feature=youtu.be

Thanks! The DRL's are LED's, are yes they are plenty white enough. The sidelights are different, and light up the little strips running front to back along the bottom of the headlight. The original (halogen) bulbs were a little yellow-ish to me, as were the 4000K LED's I replaced them with. Now I have put the 6000K LED's in I think it looks better :)

They do have more of a bluish tint now than the others, but unfortunately Osram/Philips don't make the LED's at around 5000K, which would be near enough perfect:

20151106_140107.jpg

20151106_140116.jpg

I think they blend quite well with the headlights.

20151106_140139.jpg

Doh! Now that I have taken a better look at the "sidelights" I do notice that they are quite yellow....

Must.... Resist....

• 1 year later...

Has anyone experienced bulb flickering in boot  interior. I changed standard bulbs to Philips Extreme vision LED w5w.

Everything looks fine until you close trunk doors or wait until interior lights are switched off.

Then Led bulbs starts to glow and flickers. Seems there still are coming some current to bulbs.

After locking the car, bulbs are switched off completely (good to me :))

Any ideas what to do?

Octavia 2015 Estate

7 hours ago, Octa15 said:

Has anyone experienced bulb flickering in boot  interior. I changed standard bulbs to Philips Extreme vision LED w5w.

Everything looks fine until you close trunk doors or wait until interior lights are switched off.

Then Led bulbs starts to glow and flickers. Seems there still are coming some current to bulbs.

After locking the car, bulbs are switched off completely (good to me :))

Any ideas what to do?

Octavia 2015 Estate

I had the same issue with my earlier LED bulbs, so you are not the only one. :) From memory, only the left or right bulb did that flickering and not every time.

The current ones are free from this phenomenon and they are extreme bright. :)

IMG_1881.jpg

• Like 1

• 10 months later...