Richard's mk1 Fabia thread. (Yes, I have a mk1 Fabia problem...)

BossFox

Had a feeling a wrc kit was going to be coming to this thread.

I have followed leenel88's thread with some interest. (EVO2 Thread)

He is doing the EVO2 car with the slightly different kit.

Have spoken to him too and he has given me a few tips.

Would be nice to have an EVO1 and EVO2 car in the UK.

Going to get all the bodywork done first, then concentrate on the oily bits.

Too many engine and drivetrain options and ideas.  Most of which are not sensible or practical for pootling about in it.

• Like 2

Going to get all the bodywork done first, then concentrate on the oily bits.

Too many engine and drivetrain options and ideas.  Most of which are not sensible or practical for pootling about in it.

Since when has that been a factor?  ;)

• Like 3

Love the rally look, great choice of project Richard.  Just caught up with Leenels project, he's done himself proud. Maybe a 5 cylinder something under the bonnet :giggle:  or VR6 perhaps....

You may have a bodyshop in mind Richard if not If you are looking for a bodyshop, rather a bodyshop expert in one off conversions, roof chops, soft top conversions, GRP work, MG Sebring conversions etc, etc, 20 mins from Maidstone, let me know and I'll pm you some details, Don't normally make recommendations as they come back to bite you on the bum, except this guy.

• Like 1

Excellent choice Richard. what does the rear bumper look like on this kit?

It doesn't have the cut outs of the EVO2 kit to let the gravel and debris escape.

No doubt they were added after experience of filling the back bumper and front wings up with ballast.

EVO1.

64rb.jpg

Do you need that carbon bootlid back, or are you going to use the standard one? :D

If the offer is there I might retake possession of it. ;)

Still got my full set of lexan "glass" too.

Carbon boot lid? Where can I get such items?! Want!!!!

Would be brilliant if you do go rally style, I will be able to have a nose/dribble round it at one of the Essex meets when it's all done. I'm a sucker for anything rally. I did toy with the idea of doing it myself but I don't have anywhere to store the car while it's being worked on.

Carbon boot lid? Where can I get such items?! Want!!!!

A few years ago I obtained a carbon bonnet and boot (with some fibreglass structure) from a Fabia Cup car, from the Czech Republic.

Which reminds me, I can't remember if I sold the bonnet or it's still at work somewhere... :D

• Like 4

Again someone has beaten me to it. Having two WRC fabias knocking about will be great. Boss fox, is it your fleet of white buses I see over london.

Possibly, if they are white minibuses with clear black signwriting in capital letters.

There are a few knocking about.

• Like 2