A bit slow I know. FL content alert

fatwomble

Sitting a Winchester Motor Company waiting for my car to be serviced, I have finally had a chance to see a FL Yeti in the flesh. Still don't mind how it looks, still prefer my round lights, but the new look would put me off buying one.

It really isn't that different is it.

I imagine I am the last Yeti owner to actually see one and this topic has been done to death, so please feel free to igore :)

I did not ever like the old model hence the reason I never bought one. Now the new model I like and have ordered a 1'6 diesel outdoor elegance greenline which according to the dealer is being built next week and I should have end March/early April. Am really looking forward to getting it. It does show how everyone's taste can be different.

Three points of view:

1) Original die-hard Yeti owners who do not like the FL, and would never consider buying one.

2) FL owners/potential owners who do not like (and therefore did not buy) the Classic.

3) Like both old and FL.

I fall into the the last option BTW.

Funny though how just a pair of Fog lights can divide opinion.

Like has already been said - each to their own taste!

I think the original is brilliant, the wife says it's a van with windows. Looked at the facelift thought it had nothing to offer apart from a nose job and a price increase. So ruled that out. The Mrs. asked me to look at other cars and I ended up going elsewhere. I will look out for the new model in about three years time and may be back

Three points of view:

1) Original die-hard Yeti owners who do not like the FL, and would never consider buying one.

2) FL owners who do not like (and therefore did not buy) the Classic.

3) Like both old and FL.

I fall into the the last option BTW.

Funny though how just a pair of Fog lights can divide opinion.

Like has already been said - each to their own taste!

Particularly when those fog lights (nice-looking though they certainly are on the old model) are actually far more effective on the FL because of their positioning.

• Like 2

That's four (?) in favour of option 3, against one for option 1 then (so far!).

I think the original is brilliant, the wife says it's a van with windows. Looked at the facelift thought it had nothing to offer apart from a nose job and a price increase. So ruled that out. The Mrs. asked me to look at other cars and I ended up going elsewhere. I will look out for the new model in about three years time and may be back

All cars get a price increase most years, so that is nothing to do with the FL. If the original was still available, then that would have had the traditional VAG 1st of January increase.

As far as I can see, the opinion is divided only on the fog lights. As the original was such a great concept, I am glad that Skoda left most of the styling well alone for the FL.

I still predict though, that Skoda will sell more FLs than Classics each year, as I (and Skoda probably), believe there are more potential buyers who were not sold on the original front end (or like both), than there is those that just prefer the original.

Time will tell!

• Like 2

I ordered a classic but my order ran into FL production so ended up with an FL. Its a brilliant car, but then it would be its a classic with a mildly modified front and rear otherwise its the same car, I really can`t understand what's not to like, so its point of view 3 for me.

• Like 1

I wonder what potential buyers opinions would be if the original Yeti had the lower foglights and angular rear end and the F/L had the round foglights and straight back. Would they say it was an improvement or a retro grade step?

For me they are both great cars and I'd be happy with either.

• Like 3

3 for me they only changed the front and rear, it's still the same good all round vehicle fits the bill for me,  but everyone has different views to which they are entitled.     

• Like 2

I've just got an original one 2 weeks ago. It's a £25K car for a bottom line of £14K with only 15 miles on the clock.

I like the round fogs as they stand out as being different.

Looking at a F/L version, the interior seems the same as the original car.

In a few years time if I have the cash and, the bottom line is good, I'll buy one.

Maybe then I can chose colour and options.

£14k for a £25k delivery mileage Yeti?  - that's a 44% discount  - wow!!!

What year/model/spec?

Seller/dealer must have been desperate to sell at that price.

Don't think you will be able to repeat that deal though again.

Edit:

Or did you mean 15k miles and not 15?

• Like 1

I've just got an original one 2 weeks ago. It's a £25K car for a bottom line of £14K with only 15 miles on the clock.

Undoubtedly this must figure as the deal of the century.

Would be useful to know the name of the dealership as it could come in handy for future purchases.

I like the round fogs as they stand out as being different.

Looking at a F/L version, the interior seems the same as the original car.

In a few years time if I have the cash and, the bottom line is good, I'll buy one.

Maybe then I can chose colour and options.

That's amazing I got substantially more than that trading in my 14 month old Elegance with 8.3k on the clock. I'm sure the dealer would want a damn site more than £14k when he sells it on or he is into a massive loss

I am beginning to imagine Thingy is just fishing for comments, no replies or confirmation to any questions we have thrown at him, maybe it is all a wind up.

• Like 2

I am beginning to imagine Thingy is just fishing for comments, no replies or confirmation to any questions we have thrown at him, maybe it is all a wind up.

I tend to agree - looks like he may have succeeded. 

Also, I find strange his choice of words "bottom line". That is a term usually used to denote the "bottom line" for a Company's (profit/loss) balance sheet - never heard it used in this particular context before.

• Like 2