How long? I think it's time we had a league table.

gt40

How long have you been waiting for your Octavia. So far I've been waiting 155 days, or 5 months and 2 days.

Or in other terms:

13,392,000 seconds

223,200 minutes

3720 hours

22 weeks (rounded down)

I'm not expecting my car until mid April, so potentially 6 months and 28 days (if I take the 15th as mid month).

Or:

18,057,600 seconds

300,960 minutes

5016 hours

209 days

29 weeks (rounded down)

Anyone in the same boat?

As of right now its 5 months and 18 days or into week 25(ordered 2nd Sept on a 8-12 week delivery), last week informed its built but sat in Germany awaiting a ship to Grimsby.  Not accepting until March anyway now.

Edited by crailton

Ordered: Oct 4th

Provisional Build Week: 18

Delivery: June or Even July....

That would make it 8 or 9 month from order to delivery. Shocking!

Mine's a VRS Estate TSI in White

Every option apart from Pano roof.

Edited by spooks1982

If all goes to plan I will have been waiting 22 weeks.

Ordered 28 Sept 2013, pick up 01 March 2014.

vRS Estate TDI DSG

same as you mate,same day,iv refused to take it till march,unless the dealers/skoda compensated for the projected difference in value when px time came,none was forthcoming so am picking it up on the 1st

Wow, thats crazy. I've been test driving some east-asian cars recently, as the Octy seats don't suit me very well and one of the things I asked were the lead times. I can get a brand new one (with huge spec) with only a week or two notice.

vRS TDI Combi, black, winter, sunset, canton; ordered 12th October, estimated delivery Jan, got B/W 4 and could have had it mid February but waiting till 1st March. Four months then and moist with anticipation... :rofl:

I feel for some of the longer waiters above, however it might have been down to crappy dealers selling their allocations well in advance & so not actually putting ppls orders through till nearly 2 or 3 mths later. Call Skoda UK to ask when your order was received as that will let you know if your dealer has been dishonest. You would then have recourse to go to your dealer & demand some kind of compensation or good will gesture. 8mth wait = give me £500 + back or you will not get my business next time.

I ordered vRS TDi Estate last week of Oct, was told 10-12 weeks but told the build date had slipped to 21st April ust after Christas. I would therefore not have my car until mid to late May!! 

However, called yesterday & my build date just came forward to 1st week of March, so should have my motor last week of March to 1st 2weeks of April!

I was told that Skoda International are working on bringing the long delays down.

Ordered 17th if Nov, white vrs estate minimal options. Originally told 1st march delivery now I have been given bw 20 expected delivery May. If it wasn't for a guaranteed part ex offer I would cancel my order.

Ordered 17th if Nov, white vrs estate minimal options. Originally told 1st march delivery now I have been given bw 20 expected delivery May. If it wasn't for a guaranteed part ex offer I would cancel my order.

This is why I think you have to have some empathy with the Dealers out there. How on earth do they value your car for 6 months in advance. If they gave you a fair price at the time of ordering, they could easily be losing £100-200 a month on the value of your trade in.

I know people think Dealers rip you off etc, but there are good reasons why so many Dealers go bust and this is the sort of thing that doesn't help.

I realise that some dealers go bust because they are rubbish etc etc etc

• Like 1

Another Luxembourg order here :)  vRS Hatch ordered on 28 January, confirmed as BW12, with collection around 2nd week April.

Car will be 2.0TFSI  vRS Hatch manual, Magic Black Pearl paint with black pack and sunset, Columbus, Canton, full leather, heated seats front & back, 230v socket, spare wheel & KESSY.

Does seem to be a massive difference in times between UK orders and European orders which I guess can't all just be down to RHD v LHD.

Luxembourg dealer did confirm they have been ordering RHD cars for export to UK for those who wanted to jump queue and/or get different spec options.