Do you have a plan B?

Well Quattro is a nice to have but that's still a cracking lump of metal which will eat the miles up.

As for difficulty in buying a new car, I got an 'end of year deals' email from my local Skoda dealer...prompted some research on here and carwow quotes for a Vrs (had previous gen so an easy decision), ordered and all done within 3 days, my easiest purchase ever I thought.

Since then, the delivery lottery emerged and 63 car wow quotes later, some soul searching and hours buried in online brochures and I finally managed to spend my money elsewhere and collect Friday (though even then the first two stock cars I went after had sold!).

I've bought houses with less hassle!

Edited by tuonopepper

Well Quattro is a nice to have but that's still a cracking lump of metal which will eat the miles up.

As for difficulty in buying a new car, I got an 'end of year deals' email from my local Skoda dealer...prompted some research on here and carwow quotes for a Vrs (had previous gen so an easy decision), ordered and all done within 3 days, my easiest purchase ever I thought.

Since then, the delivery lottery emerged and 63 car wow quotes later, some soul searching and hours buried in online brochures and I finally managed to spend my money elsewhere and collect Friday (though even then the first two stock cars I went after had sold!).

I've bought houses with less hassle!

It does seen crazy that most dealers seem completely uninterested in selling cars!

Enjoy the merc. Was also high up my short list!

Ok so I made a mistake, 

The offer I had through from CarWow for just under £25k was for the A6 177 SE Ultra S-Tronic, not the black.

DriveTheDeal don't list the A6 Black, the highest spec shown is S-Line.

SE Ultra S-Tronic 177 TDI  is coming in at £24599

S-Line Ultra S-Tronic 177 TDI is £26098

You lose a lot going from Black to SE apart from the styling details there's no xenon, no sports seats, no LED rear lights and no BOSE speakers and no sports suspension.

To the SE you'd have to upgrade the wheels from 17" as they look a bit lost in the arches.  The 18's look ok but that's another £600.

Cheers

Dave

Edited by Zzap

Hi Dave,

The black edition is under a6 special edition on drive the deal I think. Separate choice on the drop down.

Happy hunting!

Thanks for pointing that out, I can see it now.

Also, don't get the 177. The ultra is the 190 and they are discontinuing the 177 so residuals much better for the 190. And more go!

My mistake, I meant the 190 for the Ultra, as you say much much bettter over the standard.

Cheers

Dave

Yep,

It is a Mazda 6 Tourer Sport Nav Auto. Didn't get anything off list (my negotiating skills are a bit like this: http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/1997-01-12/), but got the Safety Pack and Radar Cruise Control thrown in for free as they had that in stock and wanted me to buy this particular one rather than get a factory order (so £1500 of options free). Also got £1000 Mazda deposit contribution and a decent price for my trade in.

Carfile.net have good discounts on it though - the dealer was just a bit too far away for comfort for me. I like to have 'em local in case of problems :)

Lovely car, though it is not as sporty as the VRS.

Mine too now :blush:

I might give up looking for room, and just see what I can cram the kids in :rofl:

Looked at a Focus ST, even managed to get kids in the back without being uncomfortable, though obviously the boot space wasn't fantastic.

The issue was actually both SWMBO and my Derrier's aren't built for recaro's :rofl:

I am going to have a look on carfile Lethargy, thanks, as carwow were only about £700 reduction.

Looked at a Focus ST, even managed to get kids in the back without being uncomfortable, though obviously the boot space wasn't fantastic.

The issue was actually both SWMBO and my Derrier's aren't built for recaro's :rofl:

I am going to have a look on carfile Lethargy, thanks, as carwow were only about £700 reduction.

I was considering a Focus ST estate at one point - you can get amazing discounts on them. But I really, really hate that whole old mobile phone inspired dash thing and it was just a little too small for my liking. But  I decided in the end that I'm too old and fat for an out and out boy racer mobile :)

I have embraced my middle-agedness by buying an automatic :D

Well, picked up my plan B on Sat. Loving it so far - haven't taken any decent pictures yet, but here is one taken from my phone:

20140301_141013_zps05651341.jpg

That looks very nice. What engine and bhp is it ?

Well, picked up my plan B on Sat. Loving it so far - haven't taken any decent pictures yet, but here is one taken from my phone:

20140301_141013_zps05651341.jpg

that does look well indeed and its there and You can drive it which is always a plus :-)

Looks good :) I'm glad you are enjoying it and got it also sorted in a reasonable time too.

Cheers

Steve

Funnily enough just had a call from Mazda and Vauxhall dealers, (walked out from Vauxhall because they were so busy pushing their crap "care" products they weren't even listening to me) told them what max I wanted to pay (both well below retail price) don't hold out much hope but will make the decision easier :blush:

Test drove a diesel Insignia today (petrol 2.0T 240 odd bhp would be the one I would be looking to get at the right price).

It felt nice and refined, firm ride but not excessively so. First impressions I think the vRS has better build quality, but it wasn't bad. Official figures list it as thirstier than the TSi and not as good looking either IMO.

Mazda not yet test driven, but certainly ticked the boxes for space, looks etc, would be down on power but probably enough (looks like performance wise it is similar to the TDi vRS).

Admittedly I would prefer the vRS TSi over any plan B but I don't like the way we are kept in the dark !

I looked at the passat but the pcp deal was actually more costly than for the a6 despite the lower list price.

oh really interesting. Not sure my wife would like the size of the a6....lol was it the deposit or payments that were more or just the whole thing?

have been getting about 3.5k off list on carwow for passat at the moment

Had a call from the Jaguar dealer today with two bits of good news

1. My factory order Jaguar Sportbrake luxury 200 will be with them by 18th March, 4 weeks and 3 days after I cancelled the VRS and placed the order with Jaguar.

2. Would I like to go to the factory , and possibly see it being built!

Just waiting for a call to confirm the factory visit date...

In other news, I am still waiting for the return of £750 of my £1000 order. And Skoda wonder why they are losing sales?...

• Like 1