Reversing light

grajay

Loving my new 2014 Fabia Elegance but just hate the poor reverse light.  Living in the depths of the countryside I really need a much brighter light.  Does anyone know if there's a good substitue bulb I can get/use please?

I miss not having 2x Reverse lights and 2xRear Fogs like I had on my 2002 Civic!!... :(

Someone on here bought a LHD Rear 'Reverse' Light Cluster and replaced the RHD Rear 'Fog' Light Cluster and then with a little bit of fettling and a couple of lengths of wire added the Fog Mountings into the Reflector section of Both Clusters... Thus giving him 2x Reverse and 2x Rear Fogs :)

It's worth having a look (you'll need to search ;) )

Though it's probly a quite expensive (and warranty invalidating) route!! :D

Edited by Simoneale1973

Is the reverse light bulb surrounded by a reflector? If so, i dont think that led bulb will work very well.

I must admit though, it isnt very good. Im very glad iv got reversing sensors on a dark wet night when im trying to reverse.

Fog light does help abit too.

• Like 1

I've not yet taken the bulb out but I woud guess it pokes through a reflector of some kind.

Thanks for the ebay link - they look a bit mean don't they?  Might give them a try and report back after I've experimented with some of the excellent suggestions here - the foglight sounds a good (cheap) alternative.

Thanks to everyone for their replies - very much appreciated.

• Like 1

+1 for above. You should use a 2p coin to turn the screw and remove the screw completely then wiggle the light housing out, it does feel a little stiff but there are no other screws just locating pins

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

These are the ones I got on:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/P21W-5630-CREE-18-LED-1156-382-BA15s-STOP-TAIL-REVERSE-BULBS-SKODA-/141097914172?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20da174f3c

If you buy cree leds as a reverse light buy the ones that got leds around them otherwise the reflector chamber will not be as bright. They do light up brighter than the stock bulbs and people really take notice when reversing. 

I did the twin reverse light mod but in different way. I have a European Fabia so I had to purchase a UK tail light in order to get the second reverse light chamber.

If you want to go down that way you have to then find a place for the fog light which you either drill next to it or as I'm planning to do you can place on the bumper.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/223753-32kofdata-fabia-sport-mkii/?p=3538384

0vc3.jpg

This is how it will probably look - it's on my to do list and I will pics and probably a vid when it is done.

ciyd.jpg

I used this, like I said I had a spare http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-x-P21W-CREE-Q5-10W-LED-1156-382-BA15s-STOP-TAIL-REVERSE-BULBS-DRL-BRAKE-/281184833974Otaylor38 I would have thought the first led grayjay linked would work as they are forward facing led's ? Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Theyre in a small reflector if i remember rightly. A forward facing led will exclude the reflector and not seem as bright. Ones with leds around the edge will utilise the reflector and give you much better results

• Like 1

These look impressive ;).

Almost cheaper to pay your insurance excess when you bump something thsn buy these though

These are almost identical to what I have in my DRLs but I only paid £9 and they're Canbus error free.