Bagged and smooth mk2 fabia vrs (pic/video heavy) now sponsored :)

Ant-Vrs

So coming back to the w8 light got my kit ready to install on Tuesday but have 2 quick questions

How does the headlight switch come out

Is it the blue and white wirw behind for the light feed to power led's

Not sure on power feeds but to remove the headlight is the same for all VAG models, push the dial in, turn it right so it's partially in between off and sidelight and then pull it out

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Not sure on power feeds but to remove the headlight is the same for all VAG models, push the dial in, turn it right so it's partially in between off and sidelight and then pull it out

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

cheers 

i'll have a dig round the plug harness with a multimeter feel sure its blue and white 

So coming back to the w8 light got my kit ready to install on Tuesday but have 2 quick questions

How does the headlight switch come out

Is it the blue and white wirw behind for the light feed to power led's

I will have a look in the morning it took me about 10 minutes to fit but then again I've took most of the car apart lol
  • Like 1

I've got a photo for you. Do you know how to fit it?20151123_142831.jpg

Kind of got the gist it seems pretty straight fwd unless you can think om any pitfalls

How does the old lens come out to get to the two screws inside

So it is the blue and white wire then ?

Kind of got the gist it seems pretty straight fwd unless you can think om any pitfalls

How does the old lens come out to get to the two screws inside

So it is the blue and white wire then ?

lens out then the 2 screws out then the unit clips out. Take off the drivers side sun visor of (2 torx) and then door rubber down the a pillar and the the side of the dash clips off. Feed the wire from the light unit hole, under the roof lining then down the a pillar to side of the dash. Take the headlight switch out and feed the wire through the hole, crimp into place then try with the lights on to make sure it works. If so put everything back together.
  • Like 1

lens out then the 2 screws out then the unit clips out. Take off the drivers side sun visor of (2 torx) and then door rubber down the a pillar and the the side of the dash clips off. Feed the wire from the light unit hole, under the roof lining then down the a pillar to side of the dash. Take the headlight switch out and feed the wire through the hole, crimp into place then try with the lights on to make sure it works. If so put everything back together.

Thanks I take it the old lens just flicks out with a trim tool

I just remember a while back you said you'd purchased some 312mm or was looking at them because the r32 were too expensive

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

yeah I got some a few months back stripped them down to paint then but done nothing with them. I've been working a lot more now so don't really have the time to do a lot and buying my first house too, so the car is taking the back shelf so to speak.

So the car is going in tomorrow for the body work to be done from the accident by insurance company. I've emptied the car the v2 controller is hidden and the tmc box is off. They also said I get like for like on the courtesy car. Let's what they come up with.

Gd luck

Bloody hell I needed it. Finally everything got sorted with the hire car now I'm driving a 3 door ds3 auto because mines an auto haha

They said to me today it could be there for a while to be sorted, so much for putting the winter tyres on and 3/4 of fuel. I've took photos of the fuel gauge and mileage

Quite right about taking pics. Trust no one with ur pride and joy! I have adjustable maps now so I can put it into valet mode which restricts performance! No joy rides! At least u got a car that wasn't to bad! When mines got the new engine they gave me a roomster which looks like the popes car!

Quite right about taking pics. Trust no one with ur pride and joy! I have adjustable maps now so I can put it into valet mode which restricts performance! No joy rides! At least u got a car that wasn't to bad! When mines got the new engine they gave me a roomster which looks like the popes car!

Don't let PristinePictures hear you call his car a pope mobile lol

My dad always used to go on about taking a note of the mileage and photos of the cluster, thought he was being a kn@b to be honest but can totally see why now and always do it myself, I've turned into my dad......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't let PristinePictures hear you call his car a pope mobile lol

My dad always used to go on about taking a note of the mileage and photos of the cluster, thought he was being a kn@b to be honest but can totally see why now and always do it myself, I've turned into my dad......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

haha that's funny. But you've got nowadays I don't trust anyone with my car.

Well I got the email from them and all clear from the insurance company so they can order the new parts for the car. The bill isn't cheap it's nearly £900 all in.

And on another note this ds3 is crap, 4 speed auto is like a near death experience . I thought the only 4 speed was the old minis etc etc

• Like 1

So I've collected the car today. It was ready yesterday but originally arranged to collected on Monday but the hire car company was bothering me for the car back.

I've got to say the job they've done is excellent and I'm really happy with it.

It's had a need rear bumper, bumper brackets and Parking sensors brackets too. They are an approved skoda bodyshop so I get 3 years warranty with them and 5 years with bodyshop aswell.

• Like 3