Bagged and smooth mk2 fabia vrs (pic/video heavy) now sponsored :)

Ant-Vrs

I looked into them but ended up with the double sided suckers for about £3 from ebay. No marks on the paint plus I've done about 130mph with it on and it dint move :)

On a track day of course [emoji6]

Personally I don't like the Show N Go ones, I'm not quite sure what the attraction is, what exactly do they do? I know they flip down when the car is on show but the £3 suckers sound spot on.

Can you have black paint on lettering without it being on a yellow back ground or have I misunderstood?

I do agree with the numberplate in the window not being a great option, I can see it drawing attention to the car.

I would give my right pinky finger for this car if you're ever in need of a donor!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

It'd be on a white background on the nose of the car, yellow on the arse-end.

Don't get the point of the show n go plate holder... Unless you are trying to be deliberately subversive! Is there a reason not to have the plate attached permanently, Ant? I ask as the rear seems to stay, why not the front? I am guessing show-ers want to give a cleaner look the the front of the car, during a show.  Personally, I'd prefer to fit a nice frame around a fixed plate... Unless I had a rotating plate like James Bond's Aston, (Idea Later nabbed for the first Transporter film).

Edited by mrgf

On a track day of course [emoji6]

Personally I don't like the Show N Go ones, I'm not quite sure what the attraction is, what exactly do they do? I know they flip down when the car is on show but the £3 suckers sound spot on.

Can you have black paint on lettering without it being on a yellow back ground or have I misunderstood?

I do agree with the numberplate in the window not being a great option, I can see it drawing attention to the car.

I would give my right pinky finger for this car if you're ever in need of a donor!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

i don't like the price of them I know a lad that was selling one for £100 second hand aswell. In the end I got stopped by the traffic police after having the plate in the window for about 3 years can't believe I got away with it for that long but then again I don't race around on the streets just go to work, school run and gym (sometimes)
  • Like 1

It'd be on a white background on the nose of the car, yellow on the arse-end.

Don't get the point of the show n go plate holder... Unless you are trying to be deliberately subversive! Is there a reason not to have the plate attached permanently, Ant? I ask as the rear seems to stay, why not the front? I am guessing show-ers want to give a cleaner look the the front of the car, during a show. Personally, I'd prefer to fit a nice frame around a fixed plate... Unless I had a rotating plate like James Bond's Aston, (Idea Later nabbed for the first Transporter film).

i paid a lot of money to have the front smoothed out then the smooth grill painted. It looks a lot better at shows when there is nothing on the front... I seen them James Bond rotating plate holders for sale hahaha. Personally I don't like the frames around the plate.

So are the TT Jacking points worth doing, is it safe to jack the car up on them with a trolley jack, asking as I've been using the rubber pucks over the normal jacking points on the sill?!

So are the TT Jacking points worth doing, is it safe to jack the car up on them with a trolley jack, asking as I've been using the rubber pucks over the normal jacking points on the sill?!

the tt jacking points are more for with its on the 2 post lifts. I've used the rear ones though but not the fronts. Hope this helps

the tt jacking points are more for with its on the 2 post lifts. I've used the rear ones though but not the fronts. Hope this helps

Thank you :thumbup:

So lastnight I had a drive down to Derby to pick up a tmc tuning box from Sam, very easy to fit. I'm going to make fit better at the weekend and make a bracket for the box. So I started it on setting 7 took it for a blast and mid range seemed to be better, when we got back to Sams I turned it up to 9. Then I set of home and WOW the car flys now. I'm hoping to get to shark performance open day in August to get it on the rollers. I'm hoping for a good result now with all the mods on the car.

Quick update of mods

Forge fmic with boost pipes

Cobra sport tbe with decat (heat wrapped)

Gfb DV+

Vwr replacement filter

All the plastics cut out, front grill, airbox and a spider web in the boost pipe

Tmc tuning box setting no.9

Should be fun now to drive.

Ant

• Like 2

Make a difference on number 9 then? More top end? With that 7 speed it does fly through the gears

Still impressed on the comfort with the air ride!

Sam setting no.9 is like an animal now. From about 4500-7000 rpm goes so quick and you can feel the car pinning you into the seat when in manual with traction off

So far so gooooood...

I would say to anyone to get a tmc tuning box if your not bothered about a remap on your car. I'm hoping to get the car to the shark performance openday on the rollers to see bhp it's kicking out. I will post up the graphs or videos :)

• Like 2

Quick update of mods

Gfb DV+

Vwr replacement filter

All the plastics cut out, front grill, airbox and a spider web in the boost pipe

Ant what is the spider web in the boost pipe???

Cheers

Is it any good

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

yeah there not bad pal get a good mixture of cars go.

Quick update of mods

Gfb DV+

Vwr replacement filter

Ant what is the spider web in the boost pipe???

Cheers

at the back of the engine at the top there is a boost pipe take the rubber hose off and you'll see the web. I cut mine out and try to smooth it the best I could to get better flow ;)

The webbing/baffle is more likely there to reduce the noise from the turbo Imo. The audi tt has a baffled charge pipe too for this reason. The air flowing through the pipes would be turbulent anyway and the ribs would probly aid in generating laminar flow - think of the mesh in a maf sensor.