VRS CR 18" Tyres best choice?

Looking for opinions on the best tyres for a VRS CR. 2 fronts are close to legal limit but now driver's side has a bulge after hitting a pot hole. Have MOT in 2 weeks. Currently has Continentals on the front which were on when purchased.

Check out prices on Camskill

They've got Goodyear F1 Assymetric IIs on offer at £90 each

I haven't tried them personally but all the reviews are excellent

• Like 2

Michelin PS3.  Best tyres I have ever used!

+1 for the PS3. So much better than the Continentals that were on it before. They are a bit pricey though. They are wearing well so hopefully good value in the long term. They are going for around £125 a corner (fully fitted).

Decided to go with the Goodyears which are being fitted now on Wednesday. Hopefully will get good mileage out of them. The Continentals have worn pretty good for the last 8 months that I've owned the car. Prices are so much cheaper for this size than the 18"s that were fitted to my previous Volvo V50

Uniroyal Rain Sport 3,Uniroyal Rain Sport 3,Uniroyal Rain Sport 3,Uniroyal Rain Sport 3,Uniroyal Rain Sport 3,Uniroyal Rain Sport 3,Uniroyal Rain Sport 3,Uniroyal Rain Sport 3,Uniroyal Rain Sport 3,Uniroyal Rain Sport 3,Uniroyal Rain Sport 3,Uniroyal Rain Sport 3,Uniroyal Rain Sport 3,Uniroyal Rain Sport 3,Uniroyal Rain Sport 3,Uniroyal Rain Sport 3,Uniroyal Rain Sport 3,v

Did I say Uniroyal Rain Sport 3,

• Like 1

Uniroyal Rain Sport 3,Uniroyal Rain Sport 3,Uniroyal Rain Sport 3,Uniroyal Rain Sport 3,Uniroyal Rain Sport 3,Uniroyal Rain Sport 3,Uniroyal Rain Sport 3,Uniroyal Rain Sport 3,Uniroyal Rain Sport 3,Uniroyal Rain Sport 3,Uniroyal Rain Sport 3,Uniroyal Rain Sport 3,Uniroyal Rain Sport 3,Uniroyal Rain Sport 3,Uniroyal Rain Sport 3,Uniroyal Rain Sport 3,Uniroyal Rain Sport 3,v

Did I say Uniroyal Rain Sport 3,

Well there's a surprise

• Like 1

Vredestein Ultrac Vorti; having moved from eagle F1s the Vortis have more grip in wet and dry, they're quieter, more feedback, more progressive, wear better and cost less.

Extremely highly recommended for the vRS

• Like 1

Michelin PS3's on mine at the moment and very good tyre all-round.

They were fitted on the car when i bought it - so not my first choice; but impressed nonetheless.

As above - Goodyear F1's would be the way to go - had them before and loved them  :thumbup:

Interesting thread as im gonna be after 2 tires in the very near future. Will keep an eye on this and see if any other options crop up. Thinking either Goodyear f1 or Rainsport 3 are a safe bet.

Falken FK453 ran them on my scooby sti, just put a full set on her V5 Golf, and when I'm due tyres on the VRS I'll be fitting them again, can't fault them in the wet or the dry

And then compare the number of miles driven on the Vreds compared with the number of miles driven on the Goodyears

It's also pretty interesting looking at the comparison test results to see how consistently it is in the top three

And then compare the number of miles driven on the Vreds compared with the number of miles driven on the Goodyears

It's also pretty interesting looking at the comparison test results to see how consistently it is in the top three

I agree.

I'm not going to say what I do for a living, you can all probably guess! 

We have 3 MK2 FL octavia's at work, as well as several Volvo V70 T5's and a few BMW 530d tourers. They all run on Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymetrics and they get replaced whenever they get to 3mm of tread. We use them in all conditions and are well in access of 100mph on a daily basis. I personally drive around 25,000 work miles a year in the Octavia.

My own car is a MK2 FL and I can confirm without a shadow of doubt that the Vredesteins are a better tyre in all aspects of driving. I never thought a tyre could get better than the Goodyears but Vredestein really have pulled off a winner with this one.

Each to their own though and it's all about personal opinion, but surely a true comparison can only be from a person who has driven the same car on all the products being reviewed!!!

90 quid a corner fitted and balanced and also got accidental damage warranty on them if the tyre is damaged beyond repair including punctures you get a discount on a replacement tyre depending on how much tread is left the tyre place is a falken dealer so think that is an excellent deal FALKEN FK453 all the way can't fault them

• 1 month later...