Tyre Puncture - If repairable, is it safe?

Hi Folks,

As per the title, is it safe to get a punctured tyre repaired? The nail is in the center of the tyre and the tyre is still inflated so I haven't damaged it by running on the rim or anything. If repaired will it be OK as the tyre is on the front of the car and that's where all 204bhp and 411nm or torque goes too :-) concerned the tyre will fail if I decide to put my foot down at any point.

What do you think?

Cheers

Sean

Thanks for the replies. From searching around the repair prices vary, what would you say would be a reasonable price for the repair?

Cheers

Your talking £5-10 for a repair. You could always buy a new tyre and stick the repaired one in the boot but a repair will be fine, if it wasn't then it wouldn't be allowed.

Here in york costs £16 for repairs, seems expensive but never had any issues at all, i recently had brand new tyre only 4 days old got a bolt in from work been plugged doesnt bother me and thats on the front.

If National have a depot near you then download this voucher

http://www.national.co.uk/special-offers-puncture.aspx

Used them on Sunday. Had to pay for valve and balance so was a tenner in total :happy:

Awww, thanks buddy. Will print it off and pop and see them for a tenner :) At least they will know what they are doing for sure.

If it's done right there is no issue with a repair. I might be wary of doing a track day on one but for everything else fine.

I've have tyres repaired then worn them right down to replacement time without a problem.

It's one big reason to avoid tyre sealant and have a spare. A lot of tyres places won't repair a tyre with gunk in now it so you're left buying new when a £15 repair would be fine.

Up to a few years ago our local Kwik Fit would do straightforward puncture repairs for free!!

Said it was a sort of PR exercise.  But I'm pretty sure they charge now.

Up to a few years ago our local Kwik Fit would do straightforward puncture repairs for free!!

Said it was a sort of PR exercise.  But I'm pretty sure they charge now.

That's ok cause they would get a sale for a new suspension and brake system out of it any way.

• Like 2