Maidstone Meet - May ( Date adjusted due to Bank Holiday)

lfc958

Just had a call from dealer that 'Harry'(SWMBO has christened it )  the Yeti is at the dealers and will make every effort to have it ready for Sat am so i can bring it to the meet ( & hopefully Richard can show me where to put the rear facing camera ).

Otherwise it will be the Toy we come up in or 'Maddie' (SWMBO has christened it ) the MX5.

As it looks like rain over the weekend i would prefer it to be the Yeti.

Happened to be talking about you and your new yeti at the Dealer the other day when mine was getting its first service lol. I never knew you were getting it from there - its literally just down the road from me

Are newbies welcome? Might not be able to make Saturday as my local team has made the playoff finals so could be out celebrating long into the night but I've just joined the Skoda family with a new vRS hatch last week and wouldn't mind coming along to a few meets. Took a brief drive through Brands Hatch this evening but couldn't find any other Skoda's to play with.

Always welcome, if you cannot find us, ask for table booked in the name of Collins at the bar.

Just had a call from dealer that 'Harry'(SWMBO has christened it )  the Yeti is at the dealers and will make every effort to have it ready for Sat am so i can bring it to the meet ( & hopefully Richard can show me where to put the rear facing camera ).

Otherwise it will be the Toy we come up in or 'Maddie' (SWMBO has christened it ) the MX5.

As it looks like rain over the weekend i would prefer it to be the Yeti.

RWD + H2O = :)

• Like 3

Chris - SOOOO tempting, speciaily as the MX5 has self locking LSD, however - Self preservation is currently slightly stronger than the devil in me, as I have just had the o.s.r. wheel bearing done, it has had new front pads, &  have been strongly advised to have one of the track rod ends sorted before some sprited driving ( this being done on Sunday privided the part arrives tomorrow).

Happened to be talking about you and your new yeti at the Dealer the other day when mine was getting its first service lol. I never knew you were getting it from there - its literally just down the road from me

Is that Adamsons ?

Are newbies welcome? Might not be able to make Saturday as my local team has made the playoff finals so could be out celebrating long into the night but I've just joined the Skoda family with a new vRS hatch last week and wouldn't mind coming along to a few meets. Took a brief drive through Brands Hatch this evening but couldn't find any other Skoda's to play with.

Always welcome, there are plenty of us around the Brands Hatch area for you to play with too! ;)

Chris - SOOOO tempting, speciaily as the MX5 has self locking LSD, however - Self preservation is currently slightly stronger than the devil in me, as I have just had the o.s.r. wheel bearing done, it has had new front pads, &  have been strongly advised to have one of the track rod ends sorted before some sprited driving ( this being done on Sunday privided the part arrives tomorrow).

RWD + snow, even better! :rofl:   Mind you, we're of the age group that learnt to drive in RWD aren't we? :think: 

Should be in attendance on Saturday in my new Octy vRS :thumbup:

Should be in attendance on Saturday in my new Octy vRS :thumbup:

Have you cleaned Beryl then? That doesn't really count as 'new'...................... :giggle:

J

• Like 1

I was going to head to brands in my new octy but got sidetracked. You heading to the next one?

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

Is that Adamsons ?

Aye indeed it is :) I forget the salesmans name - young ish chappy, quite short and obvs like to workout at the gym. I am terrible with names so have nicknamed him 'Hench' lol he is probably on here reading this now if so sorry I forget your name but I know your mrs is called charley lol. Anyways he was the one telling me about your new purchase :)

I was going to head to brands in my new octy but got sidetracked. You heading to the next one?

I'm not entirely sure when the meets are on. My brothers a biker and meets at Oakdean on Wendesdays and sometimes heads to Brands to see if anythings happening there afterwards so it was only because he was with me that we ended up there. Aslong as it's not next Wednesday then I'll be along to the next one as seemed good.

Aye indeed it is :) I forget the salesmans name - young ish chappy, quite short and obvs like to workout at the gym. I am terrible with names so have nicknamed him 'Hench' lol he is probably on here reading this now if so sorry I forget your name but I know your mrs is called charley lol. Anyways he was the one telling me about your new purchase :)

His name is David & his wife is Charley, & you are safe as he is not registered here .

Got a call from him just after 5 this evening & found out that we can pick up the Yeti on Sat morning so Kathy & I will be there in Harry as she calls it. 

• Like 1

I'm not entirely sure when the meets are on. My brothers a biker and meets at Oakdean on Wendesdays and sometimes heads to Brands to see if anythings happening there afterwards so it was only because he was with me that we ended up there. Aslong as it's not next Wednesday then I'll be along to the next one as seemed good.

Think its the last wednesday of every month. So should be the 28th but ill have a look.

Got a call from him just after 5 this evening & found out that we can pick up the Yeti on Sat morning so Kathy & I will be there in Harry as she calls it.

Oooh exciting stuff!

Hi

Martin (Gizmo) very kindly helped with some VCDS changes for our new Citigo & told us of the meet this Saturday. Do you have room for two newbies with their new Citigo?

Have you cleaned Beryl then? That doesn't really count as 'new'...................... :giggle:

My car's always filthy, but it suits me..... :angel:

J

Damn cheek! Yes, we all know you're no saint, mate!

No it's an amazing car,  with all the options too.

It's got a Tracking System (stops the tyres wearing excessively)

It's got LSD (so if you're not enjoying your journey, you can have a different kind of trip)

It's got City Safe (only lets you drive to nice places)

Pretty impressive huh?

• Like 2

Forgot to mention I'd bring my new car but it's not quite finished yet.....

14112594432_59fff1b31a_z.jpg

Just need to master the art of welding, getting there slowly...

14108691796_9024489d69_z.jpg

• Like 4

That's some pretty chunky fence post supports you're building there Mike?

In the top picture... I feel it my duty to point out that  no matter how big a generator you're gonna use, and that is a fair old chunk of iron....  that scalextric track will still need rails for the cars to go anywhere :rofl: 

Seriously now, looking forward to a pizza invite to come and give you a hand when required on your new baby. :happy: 

Keep up the good work, welding looking good to me :thumbup:

• Like 1