VRS mode button - I've got one!

took my dealer about 30mins to fit mine

By just ripping the chrome one off at a guess, which is the 'unofficial' method. I take it they didn't give you the chrome one back in one piece?

If they did, fair play, as they have removed and refitted the front bumper in 30 minutes which is some going!

Am I the only one who really can't see what the fuss is about?

I don't have a button saying VRS but I do have a button which says mode. When I press it, it allows me to change the mode. I'm loving the logic there. It's a real Ronseal button that does exactly what it says. I also have other buttons which let me do entirely predictable things based upon the clearly defined clue printed on the button. Simply clever? Nah, just logic and common sense.

• Like 1

Am I the only one who really can't see what the fuss is about?

I don't have a button saying VRS but I do have a button which says mode. When I press it, it allows me to change the mode. I'm loving the logic there. It's a real Ronseal button that does exactly what it says. I also have other buttons which let me do entirely predictable things based upon the clearly defined clue printed on the button. Simply clever? Nah, just logic and common sense.

Simply clever would be a great slogan for Skoda I reckon.

At the end of the day, I don't care, because I've stuck mine in Eco mode for running around here all of the time.

It's only a darn bit of plastic with different type/labelling on it, it does exactly the same thing as the standard mode button. Meh.

• Like 1

At the end of the day, I don't care, because I've stuck mine in Eco mode for running around here all of the time.

It's only a darn bit of plastic with different type/labelling on it, it does exactly the same thing as the standard mode button. Meh.

Thanks for another worthwhile post.....

• Like 2

I fully understand where you're coming from, the reason for me is two fold.

1. The brochure shows the vRS button, so it would be nice to get a car that looks like the brochure. (I know the brochure even in its latest print run still showing errors.)

2. If Skoda are now shipping cars with the button, I want mine to have one when I eventually get it, I know it's no different to the mode button, but then Vauxhall have a vxr button why can't we have a vRS one?

Vauxhall-Astra-VXR-button.jpg

1. The brochure shows the vRS button, so it would be nice to get a car that looks like the brochure. (I know the brochure even in its latest print run still showing errors.)

But it doesn't, infact no UK brochure has ever shown a picture of the vRS Mode button, even the latest 04/14 still doesn't show it.

I've got an August 2013 brochure and it shows a "Driving mode" button not the VRS mode. I've got the November or December one somewhere aswell which also doesn't show it.

So where did the 'VRS mode' button photos come from? I only knew about it from a post on here months ago when I ordered but don't know it's origin.

I've got an August 2013 brochure and it shows a "Driving mode" button not the VRS mode. I've got the November or December one somewhere aswell which also doesn't show it.

So where did the 'VRS mode' button photos come from? I only knew about it from a post on here months ago when I ordered but don't know it's origin.

I think LHD press cars had them but until the last week or two no customer cars have it and no brochure has, ever the currect one has shown it.

Mine arrived at the dealers on Friday, mine has the vRS button too. Just got to wait for the number plate transfer to go through then I can collect, in the meantime she is in the showroom taunting me each time I drive past.

Mine arrived at the dealers on Friday, mine has the vRS button too. Just got to wait for the number plate transfer to go through then I can collect, in the meantime she is in the showroom taunting me each time I drive past.

They've got your car in the show room?? I wouldn't be having any of that! God knows who's sitting in it and leaning on it.....

• Like 1

But it doesn't, infact no UK brochure has ever shown a picture of the vRS Mode button, even the latest 04/14 still doesn't show it.

Hmm I don't know what made me think it was in the brochure then, I have just looked at the 3 different brochures on my iPad and as you say only a mode button.

I know in some of the videos I have watched on YouTube, odd ones have had the vRS button, sorry for any confusion guys.

• Like 1