HID H7 Kits for Fabia with Projector Headlights

Looking good. Do you know the brand and what temp are these...?

There 8k

He got them from euro car parts for £40. Still doing them.

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car-accessories/car-accessories-products/lighting-accessories/xenon-conversion-kits/?971775285&0&cc5_774

They do have a 6k canbus free kit for about £88, but I never had any issues with the non canbus kit.

(Dad had no idea what he was ordering I think!)

Paul.

• Like 2

This should help clear up a few confusions about "how hard it looks" or "where does this wire go".

My kit arrived a moment ago, and in this pic I've laid it all out nice and neat. You have the 2x Bulbs with all the wiring already set up, 2 Canbus PRO Ballasts with their own return wire, a little instruction guide (Which is absolutely naff and clearly translated, but understandable and I'll post a full pic guide of what I do for you lot), and the fixing plates (with fixings) to attach the ballsts to "A well ventilated place within the engine room" according to the guide  :giggle:

2lk5i5x.jpg

And that's all you need. Here, I have wired it all up (only the stuff from the box, it's raining ATM) and laid out to show just what needs to be done.

1iczkz.jpg

So, in essence - You see the rubber grommet right in the middle of all the wires? That's what goes through the rear cover. As probably said before, it's thinner in diameter on the inside so the hole we cut needs to be smaller than the actual diameter but accommodating for the difference between that and the internal. (if that makes sense?) If you save the picture and zoom in you'll see what I mean.

The spade clips at the bottom of the picture. You'll notice that these run back to the ballast, so this is what connects to the cars original wiring. So instead of the original wiring running right up  the bulb, it now travels through the ballast. After that, it's all wired up and ready to go. All that needs to be done to it now is attach the bulb to the holder via a modification (or the new holder you may/may not have purchased for a fiver), reassemble the headlamp and attach the ballast accordingly to a safe place.

I will return after installing with more pics that will hopefully help a lot more.

• Like 3

Just went out to plan my actions. Looks like the best place I can find without splicing any of the ballast wires to extend them, is the slam panel. Passenger side i've taken off one of the clips holding the bonnet release wire so it can be situated there, bolted in to one of the existing holes. Don't want to be drilling any new holes. Drivers side should be a straight in diagonally next to the washer filler. Will need some cable ties as i'm not confident just attaching it with the holding plate provided, especially under the slam panel where it could fall.

Also took one of the bulbs out to inspect what goes on there. Bulb comes out a treat. Shame it took effin' soddin' 10 minutes to get back in. Also not sure how to get the spade connectors on but I did see a walkthrough somewhere about that.

Off to B&Q to get some cable ties.

Off to B&Q to get some cable ties.

so you reckon the ballasts wont sit inside the bottom/side of the headlights like most others do?

dont like the idea of mounting them to the slam panel/or somewhere in plain sight.

so you reckon the ballasts wont sit inside the bottom/side of the headlights like most others do?

dont like the idea of mounting them to the slam panel/or somewhere in plain sight.

There really isn't much room - these aren't the "slim" ballasts, they are quite slim, but bulky nonetheless. I did look below the headlamp and there's just not much room at all, and since I've got the diesel, I have the filter to deal with aswell as the battery causing much cursing.

Got half way doing the passenger side, ballast successfully mounted, but the bulb holder is quite stiff and I can't get through it with any of my pliers. So to stop the risk of wrecking it, I've ordered a pair of already cut ones off eBay. Shame they won't be here til Monday. 

• Like 1

I already ordered my holders and will order HID kit Monday next week...;) good to have someone installing these and giving the tips and great advice to inexperienced HID installers like me...;)

I already ordered my holders and will order HID kit Monday next week... ;) good to have someone installing these and giving the tips and great advice to inexperienced HID installers like me... ;)

if my kit turns up before the weekend i will be fitting mine. i have ordered bulb holders too but if they dont turn up on time i will hacksaw/dremel them out :) ill let you know how i get on! :)

• Like 1

The spade connectors just fit straight into the block connector on the existing wires of the car, the existing red and black wires go to the HID red wire and the two brown existing wires go to the HID black wire....See pic.

I used a hack saw to cut my holders, pliers were no use.

I haven't really hidden the ballasts, couldn't be bothered and didn't see the point. Never had a problem with warranty work before.

20140424_193249_zpsxiilg9wh.jpg   20140424_193648_View%20Rd_zpsspyqpxgk.jp   20140424_193709_View%20Rd_zps1iyzpunu.jp   20140424_193752_View%20Rd_zpsn9zapro2.jp   20140424_193717_View%20Rd_zpsr1ckyist.jp   20140424_193757_View%20Rd_zpswwjzcq9x.jp   20140424_193806_View%20Rd_zpsmki7skzq.jp   2014-04-24-19-46-56_zpssqf1mhj4.png   20140424_193813_View%20Rd_zpsommqt3li.jp

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

subscribed to this thread lol

my car needs this and im gonna sit back, watch and see how you guys get on with what you have, then i'll decide lol......

• Like 2

The spade connectors just fit straight into the block connector on the existing wires of the car, the existing red and black wires go to the HID red wire and the two brown existing wires go to the HID black wire....See pic.

I used a hack saw to cut my holders, pliers were no use.

I haven't really hidden the ballasts, couldn't be bothered and didn't see the point. Never had a problem with warranty work before.

20140424_193757_View%20Rd_zpswwjzcq9x.jp     2014-04-24-19-46-56_zpssqf1mhj4.png  

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Thats spot on, exactly what i was after! hidden enough for me, i just didnt like the idea of them sitting in plain sight :) good little guide! thanks!

it loos stupidly easy to fit! i will be picking mine up from the post office at lunch :)

Edited by matthewl
  • Like 1

I see that the £52 H7 Canbus-Pro HID Xenon Conversion 35w kit offered by HIDS-Direct (LINK) is described as being "sold for 'off-road' & 'show' purposes only".  Does this mean that they would have to be removed before putting a car in for the MOT?

I see that the £52 H7 Canbus-Pro HID Xenon Conversion 35w kit offered by HIDS-Direct (LINK) is described as being "sold for 'off-road' & 'show' purposes only". Does this mean that they would have to be removed before putting a car in for the MOT?

No...I currently have the Philips Diamod 5000k bulbs in my car and these crearly say "Off Road Only" but my car passed the MOT without single issue with these bulbs in.

As long as they dont scatter all over the place, which they wont in projectors, and theyre aimed properly, i cant see it being a big problem.

I put a relay kit in my motorbike (2x reflector lenses) and some philips blue vision. The mot inspector just said 'lights look good n bright, they leds?'

I obv explained what they were, but he was gonna pass em either way, cos they were aimed right

As these bulbs have a return wire/electrode from the tip of the bulb running down the side, when fitted it looked like a black line down the drivers side beam pattern.

If I remember rightly I flipped the drivers side bulb round 180* when fitting. Was slightly harder to fit in with the bulb holder.

Also mine being a diesel, having that filter behind the drivers headlight is a nightmare unless you have baby hands. A box of plasters is always handy! Apart from that, fitting is a doddle.

• Like 1

Also mine being a diesel, having that filter behind the drivers headlight is a nightmare unless you have baby hands. A box of plasters is always handy! Apart from that, fitting is a doddle.

Couldn't agree more!

Surprisingly enough my new lamp holders actually arrived this morning... Bloody hell! Will be leaving some nice feedback!

On with the installation for me :)

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more!

Surprisingly enough my new lamp holders actually arrived this morning... Bloody hell! Will be leaving some nice feedback!

On with the installation for me :)

when did you order them? i ordered mine 23rd so hoping theyre here soon!

HID kit turned up. looks decent. a small bit of confusion over the box saying 6000k, gave HID direct a ring and they have said they change the bulbs out of the 6000k kits and that they need to speak to their supplier to get them to stop highlighting the kit as 6000k :)