HID H7 Kits for Fabia with Projector Headlights

I'm not a fan of cheap eBay kits, there are a lot of very dodgy Chinese knock off kits with unsafe components. Your car is an expensive piece of kit and its fussy! Some things you can save money on, others you need to pay a bit more for and this is one of those areas IMO.

In answer to your question, yes it is the right kit as long as you spec H7 5000k you should, in theory be fine.

I would recommend either HID direct or Car Mod Shop both are reputable and proven.

Just my opinion though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm not a fan of cheap eBay kits, there are a lot of very dodgy Chinese knock off kits with unsafe components. Your car is an expensive piece of kit and its fussy! Some things you can save money on, others you need to pay a bit more for and this is one of those areas IMO.

In answer to your question, yes it is the right kit as long as you spec H7 5000k you should, in theory be fine.

I would recommend either HID direct or Car Mod Shop both are reputable and proven.

Just my opinion though.

Cheers a lot of people recommended this seller on one of the other threads, I take it you have fitted the kit, is it possible to fit a kit without removing the headlights?, I had a look last night and the space seemed tight but doable

Lots of people, especially on the Octavia side of the forum have had those Londoncolour/CNlight HID kits for a number of years without problems.

They appear to be actually quite a decent bit of kit, despite the low price.

Cheers a lot of people recommended this seller on one of the other threads, I take it you have fitted the kit, is it possible to fit a kit without removing the headlights?, I had a look last night and the space seemed tight but doable

Yes, i have fitted the kit. There isn't a great deal of room but it wasn't too bad and the lights did not need to be removed. I can do both sides in less than half an hour now but I have been doing this to my cars for a number of years now.
  • Like 1

Yeah fitted my first kit on my last car (mondeo), was surprised how staright forward it was, but it was easy to remove the headlights and fit the kit off the car, going to order the kit as the standard lights are terrible, upgraded to some halfords 120% better bulbs and they didnt make it any better really so going to return the bulbs and get the hid kit

I tried upgraded bulbs, waste of money! The HID kit won't be as good as it was on your mondeo though. They will make a huge difference but will still be a little less effective. Just make sure the levelling is correct, I took mine to a local MOT centre before I fitted the kit and asked them to make sure the lights were at the highest setting to pass MOT, they were at the lowest.

I have a new mkV mondeo and you have to remove the whole bumper now to get to the back of the headlights, nightmare!

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi,

Please forgive me bumping an old thread but I have a headlight issue with my Monte and wonder if anyone can advise please.  Car was a Cat D before we bought it, with front end damage so may have had headlight(s) replaced.  Had MOT yesterday and it failed on poor alignment on driver's side headlight.  Garage reckon the headlight is actually a LHD version not for UK use (this is third MOT the car has had since the repairs and never picked up before).  I rang around for a quote for a new light and baulked at the price, so for now have fitted a stick on beam bender to get MOT pass.  I came across this thread with regard to the levers for adjusting UK beam for European driving and I have them on my car.  So in theory, if the drivers side is LHD light, would setting it in the "down" position be enough to make it RHD compliant, ie the opposite of a UK car being set for European roads.   Don't like the naff beam bender sticker as ruins the look of  the car.  

Any advice appreciated, thanks

Edited by KernowMaid

This is not much of an issue to sort..... I have done a few diagrams to hopefully assist in explaining.

Years ago UK cars just fitted stickers to block the "kick up" for european driving. European cars have headlights the opposite as Im sure your aware. Nowadays lots of cars have a simple lever to do the same job, now in all honesty I dont know whether some or all or which do it, but the lever can do 2 things :-

1. Block the kick up

2. actually fully reverse the image so kick remains but swaps sides.

So images below explaining what is should be and what you have....

The yellow line is the "top" of you light pattern.....

image 1 and 2 are how they should be for RHD and LHD cars..

Image 3 is UK car, no lever with stickers blocking kick up for European driving.

Image 4 is UK car fitted with LHD drivers headlight...

Image 5 is what you have now with sticker, either because the headlight IS a LHD version, OR because the lever is moved to the European version and it has fully

flipped the image.

headlight1.jpg

headlight2.jpg

headlight3.jpg

So the last image shows what you have now...... so all you need to do is drive up to a wall or garage door so your about 3 feet away, best done when getting dark as its easier to see your light pattern.....

turn on the headlights and you "should" see the last image

If you "remove" the sticker and the kick up appears, flick the lever and see what happens, it needs to go or flip to be like the first image.

If it passed the MOT with the sticker fitted, the height must be ok, "if" when you flick the lever the height changes on the drivers headlight, just adjust it down to match the passenger side.

Edited by UrbanPanzer
  • Like 1

After reading this thread I decided to take the plunge and get a set of these. They were delivered this morning and I've just finished fitting them, took about 2 hours all in. The bulbs came with a set of new holders but, as was pointed out earlier in the thread, they are useless as they don't fit. I'm just waiting for the dark now so I can test them.

If it fails a mot I'll just pop the old bulbs back in, it's a 5 minute job. If the car has washers and levelers then they have to still work, they don't necessarily have to have washers with hid lights. But you are correct, they are not legal but plenty of posters in here have them fit and haven't had an issue at mot time.

Washers not working is only a minor for halogen lamps, but a major (fail) for cars with HID's.

You won't find cars fitted with factory HID's without a cleaning system.

Not sure why the levelling came into the discussion, almost if not all European type approved cars have a levelling system either manual or automatic, often automatic when fitted with HID's.

Your right stating that people pass MOT's with them, but thats only because they are being ignored OR the tester is unaware of the rules.

I mentioned the levelling but I was just parrot fashioning from previous comments about washers and levelling tbh.

They work great, I feel safer in the car driving in the dark and I didn't get flashed once by oncoming traffic. Result.

• 3 years later...

I'm often travelling to Europe with my MK3 Fabia (yes I know this is the MK2 forum) and was looking at my head lamps from the back to see whether I had that little switch so I don't have to use tape/stickers every time, which don't work that well. But I can't seem to find them on my car? Maybe the MK3 are different? I can't change the setting from within the car settings so I definitely don't have the ones where you can change them from inside the car settings (travel mode I think it's called). Can anyone help me find out whether the little lever is present in the MK3 as well?

IMG_7828.JPG

IMG_7830.JPG