Pet hates - Car related

Rear bumpers where the exhaust has been changed in some way and leaves a vacant cut out for it...

Or those new freelanders where it has a down turned exhaust tip but some land rover brightspark decided to tak weld chrome tips facingoutwards onto them...looks horrific(any one else noticed)

Yes noticed this on one today! WTF?!

People who wear driving gloves............ :bandit:

Thats just because they make you faster than mk1 fabias...except the 2.0 nothing is faster than a 2.0litre furby

• Like 2

Guest BigJase88

Jap can exhausts on 1.0l's

Limo black tints

Chrome halfords wheels

Lexarse lights

Bonnet bra's

Those stupid stickers (nurburgring / if in doubt flat out/ other random **** - seriously uncool)

Fakey hid's in projector lights along with drl retro fits on a 90's vauxall vectra etc

Stretched nankangs on 15" wide rims

3M carbon fibre vinyl

Thats as much as i can think of right now

Cars being made to look like something they aren't. e.g. a 520d with an M badge on.

A guy over the road has had an mr2 with a ferrari 355 body kit, a 318 business class bmw badges up as an alpina, and now has a 2008 kit car which looks vaguely like a Dino.

I wouldnt mind this, but he makes out its the real deal and Reckons he keeps up with bikes etc etc.

I saw him on a local road today, and absolutly left him for dead on the bike. Just so he knows where he stands ;) haha.

Edited by Otaylor38
  • Like 1

Guest BigJase88

Oh and today i seen a civic type r with those ebay stuck on brembo calipers

Made me laugh

Damn yellow Arnold Clark stickers on the rear windows.

Had to laugh when elderly yank tourists wondered who he was... a local politician up for election!

Had to laugh when elderly yank tourists wondered who he was... a local politician up for election!

What's your problem with Arnold Clark?

And people that indicate left (or right if approaching from the other side) when going straight over a 3 way mini roundabout.

ALL dealer advert stickers should be removed immediately!

A local small dealership has a habit of over doing it, plates, rear window sticker and stickers on the rear door/bumper, I've seen cars with 2 on the rear door too!

• Like 2

ALL dealer advert stickers should be removed immediately!

My pet hate, too.  They make the car look cheap and untidy.

A local small dealership has a habit of over doing it, plates, rear window sticker and stickers on the rear door/bumper.....

My (otherwise excellent) local Skoda dealer does this.

When I buy my next Skoda from him, I will have a "no stickers" clause put into the contract.

People who do 40 in a 60 limit then keep doing 40 through the 30 limit villages!

And

People who drive fast on straights but crawl round bends!

Both of the above seem very common in Lincolnshire and are the bane of my life.

The first category is usually occupied by elderly men, and the second by young women.

There is also woman in my village who if you are behind her she drives everywhere at 45, but if she is behind you she will tailgate at whatever speed you are doing. She just seems to need to follow something!

Both of the above seem very common in Lincolnshire and are the bane of my life.

The first category is usually occupied by elderly men, and the second by young women.

There is also woman in my village who if you are behind her she drives everywhere at 45, but if she is behind you she will tailgate at whatever speed you are doing. She just seems to need to follow something!

That sounds like a challenge. Get her behind you and see if her talent runs out before yours on some nice fast bends :)

• Like 3

Passengers who SLAM the door/tailgate closed, especially with me inside!

Passengers who shuffle their feet and mess up the mat and carpeting up the sides of the foot well.

Passengers who like to preen themselves once in my clean car so it ends up being a repository for human/pet hair, food crumbs, dust and anything else that may adhere to clothing.

See a common theme here and no I'm not a taxi driver.

My pet hate, people who HAVE TO overtake the bus at all costs. Even if then intend to turn left at the next roundabout so they go past, cut in front of me and brake. Cheers mate, because my passengers love being thrown about..... Not!

Funny you say that

My pet hate is bus drivers that dont check their mirrors before pulling out. Or sometimes they do check, they just pull out infront of you anyway.

Because so many do this, i make a point not to let them in

Edited by Otaylor38

That sounds like a challenge. Get her behind you and see if her talent runs out before yours on some nice fast bends :)

Don't worry I've done that, not saying what speed I had to get up to before I lost her but it was a fair bit more than 45.......

A pet hate of mine is the 'tailgate but daren't overtake' brigade. I usually deal with them by going slow on straight bits but really putting my foot down on corners. After they've scared themselves a couple of times they usually drop back.

• Like 2

Funny you say that

My pet hate is bus drivers that dont check their mirrors before pulling out. Or sometimes they do check, they just pull out infront of you anyway.

Because so many do this, i make a point not to let them in

Well done you, tar everyone with the same brush, as soon as we get in a bus that makes us a **** automatically. Same as you automatically become a ****** on your bike because I saw some overtaking badly last week.

• Like 1