Replacement Wiper Blades

L&G.

I will shortly need some replacement wiper blades, does anyone know what sizes I'll require for a vRS Hatch.

Looking for Bosch aerowipers or similar, but not the cheapy ones as they're more often than not a false economy.

Thanks.

I replaced mine - but could not get bosch ones. Replacement one aren't available either from halfords, wilco or online. I had to order them from the dealers - they didn't even have them in stock!

I replaced mine - but could not get bosch ones. Replacement one aren't available either from halfords, wilco or online. I had to order them from the dealers - they didn't even have them in stock!

That is a very short life cycle.?

I'm finding that I am starting to get some fine lines when they wipe, despite the fact that I wiped the blades with a cloth to ensure that they're clean, so I guess it's time to replace them before we start getting summer storms.

• Like 1

I'm finding that I am starting to get some fine lines when they wipe, despite the fact that I wiped the blades with a cloth to ensure that they're clean, so I guess it's time to replace them before we start getting summer storms.

Have you tried Euro Car Parts? They are also good for discounts but not sure what the current discount code is. I think they do discount for Brisky members.

Just tried to get some wipers from Euro Car Parts, they tried fitting them and they don't fit, because the fitment on the wiper arm is of a new & different type.

Went to Colbornes Skoda, just ½ mile away and they didn't have any in, but when I asked about the price... £44.96! :o

:swear: are they made of Gold? 

• 2 years later...

While washing my car for the first time today I also noted that the wipers blades were not of the obviously easy fitment type VW group have had since the 1990s.I hope that price is not current!

What's up and how do you fit them?

Went to Colbornes Skoda, just ½ mile away and they didn't have any in, but when I asked about the price... £44.96! :o

:swear: are they made of Gold?

At that price I would leave them on for longer, at least until after possible freezing weather/screens, or put them in the safe for a rainy day to compensate for a further drop in the value of the pound.

• Like 1

L&G.

I will shortly need some replacement wiper blades, does anyone know what sizes I'll require for a vRS Hatch.

Looking for Bosch aerowipers or similar, but not the cheapy ones as they're more often than not a false economy.

Thanks.

Cosco sell wiper blades which will fit, but you have to swap the fittings around, which is a bit fiddly. Done this on my Mk III. All fittings included in package. Rear ones not available, and as far as I can find, only available from Dealer.

• 3 months later...

Got quoted £49.xx for a full set of blades from Skoda today!!!! (vRS estate)  They also recommend that you replace them every 6 months as part of their service report!!!!!!!

That's quite a money earner if you have some people who just follow the service schedule and think nothing of it.

I obviously declined their offer :)

• Like 1

When I went to Halfords initially I couldn't get a wiper to fit, so went to Lookers at Peasmarsh (Guildford) won't be doing that again as I couldn't stand having all of the lines across the windscreen.

In the end they charged me just £32.97 for one blade.

I have since bought a second set (pair) of Bosch ones from Halfords for £37.98 as I found a voucher.

My VRS' original blades are fine after 3 years. I clean them thoroughly with vinegar and an old tea towel every time I wash the car. After a month or so they will begin to get streaky but a good clean brings them back to new. Most streaks are caused by trapped dirt/gunk. Give a good clean and check for damage/tears before spending ~£50 every 6 months.

I replaced mine last year with 3 years usage with no issues whatsoever, only decided to change them because 3 years is quite a long time lol & that the blades were beginning to not wipe as freely (especially the rear, which you have to buy additionally) Never have I cleaned the blades or wipe them in the 3 years that they was on the vehicle & had no smear marks or any judder etc...Just clean the vehicle as normal & use decent glass cleaner on the windows.

http://www.skodaparts.com/product/octavia-wiper-blades-front-2013-2018-51056

£31.59 on offer.