Golf TSI R 300 ordered

After 4.5 years and 75k miles of fun in the Skoda the time has come for a change. I looked at various options including the Mk3 Vrs and 330d BMW saloon.

But after test driving a Golf R300 DSG and the current cheap contract hire deals available on these my order for a Candy white was placed today (subject to finance).

I thought my Skoda was quick but the R in DSG gets to 60 in 4.9 seconds, and even being slightly restrained in 'normal' drive mode, so as not to scare the young salesman, it did will feel very quick!

The trade in price offered for the Skoda was unfortunately under £6k so it may well be going up for sale privately in September in this forums For Sale section. 

I will miss this Forum which has been a great resource for information.

• Like 4

great choice.  i'd love to go for the estate version (if they make it) as my next company smoker..

go on then - how much does it cost on the lease?

:)

I'm thinking of getting one of these now my commute has gone from 45 miles to 0. I had a unaccompanied test drive a couple of months ago and was blown away with the car. For the price, it's unbeatable. I can't find a deal for £174 though!

• Like 1

My god!!!

It's no wonder you guys always drive lovely performance cars. Those deals are amazing. I haven't checked but that would be a €45k car over here.

• Like 2

My god!!!

It's no wonder you guys always drive lovely performance cars. Those deals are amazing. I haven't checked but that would be a €45k car over here.

LOL

You can go again.

2.0 TSI R DSG 4WD 3 dr € 53,970
  • Like 1

So am I right in thinking you can only take out this finance deal if your a VAT registered business?

Nope, there are a few companies that also offer personal deals aswell. Just remember to add 20% vat onto this price (& about £30 a month for excess mileage if you do 10k a year)

Round figures on a personal lease are £240 / month for a bog standard 3 door doing 10k a year.

You will have to be really quick at these prices though. I put my order in the last time these deals were about & they all went within a week. They won't last long :)

Very, very jealous. You lucky person you!

How much per month please!!

£229+vat per month 6 + 23 payments 5000 miles per year BUT only 6p per mile excess mileage which worked out substantially cheaper than taking a 10000 mile PA deal.

This is a VW deal with the option to PX.

Edited by firestormwest

am I the only one who thinks its a lot of cash to fork out to hire a car for a couple of years?

Yes it is. But if you are in the market to buy a brand new car (I never would) and you financed it, the monthly cost would probably be a lot more than the lease and 2 years depreciation would probably be about the same as the total cost of the lease.

One thing's for sure......buying brand new, a whole load of your money goes down the drain in the first 2 years, whatever method you choose to buy/lease it.    

am I the only one who thinks its a lot of cash to fork out to hire a car for a couple of years?

It's all relative. 10-15 years ago I would have agreed with you. However I find myself with more disposable cash these days, & it will probably cost me less percentage wise of my income than my old bangers did then.

I'm also at a time of my life where the mid-life thing starts to kick in :D

You can't take it with you :)

• Like 1

End of the day the depreciation is going to be more than the cost of the lease over two years. I'm seriously considering it but I'll want the acc, the nav and the 19s which will increase the price a lot. I might just blow my redundancy and buy one and keep it for years.

It's all relative. 10-15 years ago I would have agreed with you. However I find myself with more disposable cash these days, & it will probably cost me less percentage wise of my income than my old bangers did then.

I'm also at a time of my life where the mid-life thing starts to kick in :D

You can't take it with you :)

I see what you are saying. I think im still at the point where I like being able to personalise my car rather than just have the car as is and not touch it. My hobby (db drag) means for me i'd never go down this route also.