Car repair progress

Hyphons

Seem's like a respray is more popular, I'll stick with what the community is saying :) I've been sneaky and ordered some parts for the engine intake :giggle: I've noticed removing the silencer sounds epic but I believe I loose some power so hoping a inlet pipe will help draw more cool air in than warm

• Like 1

Seem's like a respray is more popular, I'll stick with what the community is saying :) I've been sneaky and ordered some parts for the engine intake :giggle: I've noticed removing the silencer sounds epic but I believe I loose some power so hoping a inlet pipe will help draw more cool air in than warm

Wouldn't waste your time, your not gonna get much (if any) benefit on a 3 pot 1.0 engine IMHO

• Like 1

I know that but I like the silencer off, its really just to gain back any power I may have lost removing the silencer :)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

That's likely to make it illegal....mmm fancy a Fixed Penalty Notice everytime  you drive it? Unless I've misunderstood you and you're replacing the silencer with something else?

That's likely to make it illegal....mmm fancy a Fixed Penalty Notice everytime you drive it? Unless I've misunderstood you and you're replacing the silencer with something else?

All I'm doing is literally sticking a intake pipe where the silencer was just to draw more cool air in than warm and also the way the engine is its only noisy at high revs, insurance shouldn't be affected as there's no difference in bhp just sound but I'll give a ring and see what they say

It would be interesting talking see what the police and your insurance have to say after adapting the car like that?

It would be interesting talking see what the police and your insurance have to say after adapting the car like that?

I think with the police they wouldn't notice unless they looked under the bonnet, I don't tend to drive in a high gear 24/7 the engine itself only starts to rumble after 3,000 revs and your changing gear around 2,000 revs, I'm immature and like a noisy engine at times :giggle:

Are talking exhaust silencer?

Or an under bonnet induction kit ?

If it was turbocharged it would make sense but there will be no gains from this in power but just a terrible noise.

Sent from my IPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

Are talking exhaust silencer?

Or an under bonnet induction kit ?

If it was turbocharged it would make sense but there will be no gains from this in power but just a terrible noise.

The silencer to the air filter and it doesn't sound terrible :no:

Does a very simple "mod" like that do anything to your insurance? I try to understand some of the UK rules, but many of them seems so pointless :)

Does a very simple "mod" like that do anything to your insurance? I try to understand some of the UK rules, but many of them seems so pointless :)

It shouldn't as its only engine noise

It shouldn't as its only engine noise

Anything that's not as it left the factory is a mod, even removing something.

Whether you notify the insurance is a another matter, where do you begin, or end, what counts as a mod?

It's only when they have to inspect the car for any reason, if they notice any mod and have not been told it really matters.

Having said all this they are robbing sods and can't wait to bump you for more money, your choice.

• Like 1

Anything that's not as it left the factory is a mod, even removing something.

Whether you notify the insurance is a another matter, where do you begin, or end, what counts as a mod?

It's only when they have to inspect the car for any reason, if they notice any mod and have not been told it really matters.

Having said all this they are robbing sods and can't wait to bump you for more money, your choice.

I've already spoke to insurance about other things (i.e wind deflectors which come under accessories) so I'm gonna take a gamble a simple intake pipe change may just be considered an accessories?

so you are on about the trumpet bit on the air intake in the left of the engine bay? not the exhaust silencer?

if so no wonder you are down on power as that bit is tuned to improve airflow at different engine speeds I believe

also feeding it more cold air will not improve things on a petrol as it needs to be a certain temperature for the petrol to evaporate properly and mix with the air for correct combustion

those of us old enough will remember air filter housing having a little leaver for a flap to control air warmed from the exhaust manifold for cold / winter running

all feeding more cold air will do is waste fuel as it will be like being on choke, or the engine will try and mix more warm air to bring it back up to temp

Edited by bluecar1

It'll invalidate my insurance any way, oh well, I'll just pretend it's a race car..  :think:

You can buy the sport stripes, it'll look faster :D but wait is it a mod?

• Like 1

yep, daughter had to declare the stripe on her citigo to her insurance as it was not on the base model, but was a factory option

the rear parking sensors on my fabia added £7 to my insurance this week for same reason

Edited by bluecar1

Sport stripes!!

But it's a not a........ Lol

If we had a tsi engine an induction kit would give you a small gain but being a NA engine it will give you nothing. The fuel would have to compensate for the extra air being drawn in hence less mpg :(

Edited by Stormchaser

Sport stripes!!

But it's a not a........ Lol

If we had a tsi engine an induction kit would give you a small gain but being a NA engine it will give you nothing. The fuel would have to compensate for the extra air being drawn in hence less mpg :(

I don't want sport stripes, they're nice but what I want is the black grill a gloss black roof and gloss black mirrors (vinyl wrapped) and maybe the monte carlo vinyl on the boot ;)

yep, daughter had to declare the stripe on her citigo to her insurance as it was not on the base model, but was a factory option

the rear parking sensors on my fabia added £7 to my insurance this week for same reason

I´m happy that I live on the other side og the Northsee. DAMN, it´s so stupid and pointless, these rules...