I hate my car.

VWG manufacturers are able to make Face Lift Lemons,

Mk2 & Mk3 Lemons, and continue to Evolve Lemon Type faults as the decades go on.

Vorsprung Durch Technik

Since the time of and ever since they moved on from Air Cooled,

they seem to be able regularly fail to Build Engines that keep Fluids in, & Vehicles that keep H20 Out.

They also seem to have a problem with Chains & Belts,

in that keeping many of them tensioned seems beyond their Engineering Capabilities.

If they got  Technology correct, and improved and Developed.  then advance they will build great vehicles,

but the Volkswagen Group seem to prefer to ignore and deny, then just carry on as before.

If they listened and acted on Owners Experiences, they might suffer less failures & get Improved Reliability.

Not just Improved Customer Satisfaction Survey Results, while providing often Poorly Designed & Manufactured Products.

Quality Control of Parts, penny pinching on important parts, and Quality Control off the Line from the Factory seems to be the Issue,  then Dealerships that employ 'Tommy's'.

Deaf, Dumb & Blind 'Factory Trained' Technicians.

george

I can't really understand where you're coming from here George- VAG make and continue to make some of the most reliable and usable engines of any manufacturer. The ASV/ PD and CR engines are fantastic, the 1.8t is an absolute trooper and the KR series still pulls well with 200k on it- the 2ltr TFSI is coming up in Mk5 GTis with mega miles on them. Even the little 1.0 that traces its origins back decades is a decent little unit. My 14 year old Octavia is rammed with equipment and every single piece of it works. It was the same in my (then) 15 year old S2, the Golf's electrics are in good order at 25 years. When VAG had an issue with injectors in the Passat we were contacted immediately and the car was taken in to have the repair work completed and a courtesy car arranged without even being requested. 

I compare experiences of Ford and Peugeot and am left in no doubt that VAG far surpasses many other marques when it comes to their service and their products.  If you want to look at the ostrich method of mechanical issues problem solving drop in to Toyota... 

VWG manufacturers are able to make Face Lift Lemons,

Mk2 & Mk3 Lemons, and continue to Evolve Lemon Type faults as the decades go on.

Vorsprung Durch Technik

Since the time of and ever since they moved on from Air Cooled,

they seem to be able regularly fail to Build Engines that keep Fluids in, & Vehicles that keep H20 Out.

They also seem to have a problem with Chains & Belts,

in that keeping many of them tensioned seems beyond their Engineering Capabilities.

If they got  Technology correct, and improved and Developed.  then advance they will build great vehicles,

but the Volkswagen Group seem to prefer to ignore and deny, then just carry on as before.

If they listened and acted on Owners Experiences, they might suffer less failures & get Improved Reliability.

Not just Improved Customer Satisfaction Survey Results, while providing often Poorly Designed & Manufactured Products.

Quality Control of Parts, penny pinching on important parts, and Quality Control off the Line from the Factory seems to be the Issue,  then Dealerships that employ 'Tommy's'.

Deaf, Dumb & Blind 'Factory Trained' Technicians.

george

They seem more interest in trying to blind customers with awards and survey results.

On my last trip to the dealers there was an old boy who has just had his Yeti serviced collecting it when I dropped mine off, he was very pleased with the car and straightforward service - they asked him to complete a customer service questionnaire.

I saw the same thing again when I popped back to run through a few things later in the day, a lady who was very happy with her Citigo. Asked to fill in a questionnaire.

When I collect my car and them already knowing I am not happy with how they have dealt with things, DO NOT get asked to complete a questionnaire obviously to avoid the negative feedback.

It's all Bull, designed at getting this award and that award. They had them plastered all over the wall in the service department.

Edited by austenw90
  • Like 1

Oh good..another I...thread

I hate rain, but I have learned to live with it

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Tapatalk

Yes, but some of the products from the Weather Group Stable are quite nice. ie Sunshine and Snow (sometimes)

• Like 1

They seem more interest in trying to blind customers with awards and survey results.

It's called marketing, find me any other automotive manufacturer that doesn't also pursue popular press. 

Build your brand and flog more cars.

A few whinges and moans on a forum means nothing.

In my opinion it isn't the manufacturer that creates a lemon, it's nearly alway the owner that turns it into a lemon.

So Skoda New car buyers driving a new car away from a Dealership that then find Cracked Paint on Panel Joints 

or 'Pulling to the left', or DSG Gearboxes that are subject to World Wide Recalls and yet on UK 'Service Campaigns'

only have them selves to blame.?

It is nothing to do with VWG trying to dominate as the Biggest Manufacturer in the World, as Toyota tried before them

& building high and sell sell sell,

expand the Business & if we get some cars wrong, no big deal

& if there are obvious design and manufacturing Failures do not admit them until a Government or Court force you to.

Other Manufacturers do have Faults with parts & vehicles, and some were forced to admit, 

do recalls and the likes.

VWG just like to pretend, No Problemo,  'Thats the first we ever heard of that',

& then Dealership Employees get in the way of repeating,

'They all do that'.

Well a percentage of the poorly built or set up vehicles do,

as do some poorly Maintained, vehicles, and that can be Full Dealer Service Maintained Vehicles.

george

I hated my Clio when I had it. It wasn't a lemon it was just a horrible scratchy cheap nasty pile of French half-arsedness.

Still had to keep it 4 years since I couldn't afford to move it on. It was cheap to run.

You will always get a very, very small percentage of cars with faults but so do all other manufacturers. 

In the last 12 years I have had a number of company cars and they have all had some issues.

I had a Honda civic which needed the brake discs skimming every service and the front shocks went as well as the seat base collapsed but not bad in 18 months and 80k. 

I also ran a BMW 118d which had 2 seat bases and a seat back replaced in 2 years and 100k but after another 2k the engine self destructed.

I have also now had 5 Skoda's and only had a couple of issues with 1 of them which was the 1.8TSi Octavia which needed a seat base and 2 front shocks.

But I have done around 480k in Skoda's and no problems with the dealers or getting things fixed under warranty.

So for me they are well in front of many other manufacturers and I have worked in and around the motor trade for 29 years.

• Like 1

So Skoda New car buyers driving a new car away from a Dealership that then find Cracked Paint on Panel Joints 

or 'Pulling to the left', or DSG Gearboxes that are subject to World Wide Recalls and yet on UK 'Service Campaigns'

only have them selves to blame.?

Open your eyes George, duff cars aren't limited to VAG, it's rife across the industry.

Manufacturing defects and driver induced failures. It's life.

By all means buy a non-VAG car but you'll find the same growth ambitions and damage-limiting efforts by all.

• Like 1

My Mk IV Golf had problems with it's DIS, My SEAT Toledo rattled more than a UKIP members nerves would at a political rally in Harlem, My Octavia had a sensor fall off the flywheel and stop the engine. My Audi had a £7K rear diff failure and my Merc went in for its 2nd service yesterday having been completely faultless for 2 years and 40K miles and came back with a broken electric seat :D (They had somehow dislodged my umbrella and it got stuck under the seat buggering up one of the motors. All fixed now though).

To be honest, all the faults I have ever had in cars have been sorted out pretty quickly by the main dealer, apart from the VW, which was an uphill battle (a DIS failure on a 2 year old car should have been a straight warranty job imho). I have also had faults on my Fiats, Lancia, Subarus, BMW etc. In fact the only 100% faultless car I ever owned was the original Clio 16V 1.7. Never missed a beat :)

I don't hold a grudge against any of the marques :) I just like cars :)

• Like 1

All manufacturers do make cars that some have faults in, then they try to deal with that, and engineer out in later Editions or Models.

The Volkswagen Group use Engines and gearboxes and other Components across 4 Brands, 

VW, Skoda, Seat & Audi. They can have problem free engines in one brand and the same engine with different map in another that has more failures because of increased power output using the same Base Engine.

The appear to learn little from Failures,

they pass them on to Newer Editions, & Models.

You expect them to be sure as the Design

sign & Manufacture Newer Models to Eliminate the things that were a problem previously.

Even if the number of failures are considered to be low, they should maybe aim higher.

'Vorsprung Durch Technik.*

VAG just seem to not up their Game.

they can Build New Models like a Citigo or Rapid and you expect Snagging in the first models,

but as they revise of Facelift they should no longer be there.

Up the Game, earn the Reputation for Reliability,. dont just spin it in Advertising.

Lets see as the Fabia MK2 Face Lift stops production and they introduce its replacement.

Surely they have had the time & experience to use the parts & Quality Control to produce the most trouble free Skoda yet produced.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/266114-18tsi-and-20tsi-engine-failures

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/294051-cave-cthe-14tsi-just-reply-please-if-you-have-had-an-engine-replaced

So many Engines & Codes, & Choices, no wonder Technicians & Parts suppliers can get it wrong.

It would help if Volkswagen stop using Buyers/Owners to test out New Technology,

then when some are Faulty, the VWG are not interested, it is just tough luck.

Admit nothing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Volkswagen_Group_petrol_engines

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Volkswagen_Group_diesel_engines

Let me guess......the Fabia and Polo were bad and the Golf was good.

No, the polo was amazing. Only a sensor, alternator and central locking pump in 3 years.

The golf was rubbish in every way and the fabia was a nice enough, if fairly unreliable car.

Hi,

We collected our new Fabia Monte TSI 105 on Tuesday; DM Keith's (Huddersfield) were wonderful the car was sparkling and we love it so far. Last September our friend bought a new Fabia Elegance which is now due its first oil change and our neighbour bought a Citygo we are all OAP's if this makes any difference and so far have not had the slightest problem with our Skoda's. Previously we've owned from new a Citroen 2CV; 9 Nissan Micra's and 2 Toyota Aygo's with not a single day off the road between them due to problems. Unlike years ago we now seldom see a broken down car and rusty cars are scarce. Given the number of cars on the roads these days most appear extremely reliable? Our local taxi drivers seem to like Skoda's too? 

If we have a problem we take it back to source; recently both Virgin Media and npower gave us lots of hassle and not being able to resolve either problem easily being resourceful I obtained the email addresses of both CEO's and complained via email. This had the desired effect and now once again we are happy customers of both Virgin Media and npower. I'm a member of other forums and these two problems were added as threads just for interest whilst we tackled the main issues; its so easy for anger and frustration to take over when things go wrong but patience and courtesy can also work wonders. 

Kind regards, Col.

• Like 1