Actual real pictures of an undisguised fabia III

It doesn't matter what countries they sold more than others, it's been a success as far as Skoda are concerned and being a global brand then it's global sales that matter, not UK sales.

If you treat Skoda as the value brand they are then you shouldn't be disappointed when they launch a new model but everyone has an opinion and will expect different things which is all that matters.

How could 20,000 sold in over 3 years be a Global Sales Success. ?

They sold 202,000 Fabia World wide in 2013,

& that is less in 2012 which was 255,025,  which was less than in 2011,,,,

Skoda flopped with expected sales in many Countries,

They have lots of Spin & Media stories, they are not a big volume sales Manufacturer.

Nah don't like it, looks too Golfy / Audi / Rapid with Octy boot. I'll stick with my Fabia 2. Looks that  little bit different. Too many manufacturers have the ' corporatate '  image on every car. Soooooooo boring  BMW , Ford  Audi , Volvo, all  models looking the same only in different sizes. Forget thinking up new names for them, it should be small, medium, large, extra large 

Not a lot of like for the pictures of the MkIII ! I can't say I like it either in the pictures. On the video it doesn't look so bad when they drive past it.

At least it will make the Mk II look good for even longer :) I really like the Mk II compared to the Mk I. I moved from a Felicia to an Octavia as I liked the Octavia Mk I more than the Fabia MkI

Each to their own I suppose.

As others have mentioned Skoda certainly need a re-think in terms of the looks and pricing of their car's. They are moving into different markets, no longer the cheaper manufacturer (Dacia for example), they certainly don't look as distinguished (similar styling ideas to Audi / VW / Seat)

Im still much more concerned that every skoda seems to be based on the same low powered 1.2 tsi and 1.6tdi engines... rapid and even the yeti is so limited (yes I know 2.0tdi also existss...) ...what happened to the 1.8tsi in the yetis and what will now happen to the 1.4tsi with no need for vrs... unless they make a hot monte....hmm...now we're talking!

Well. I wouldnt of thought theyd be doing the 1.4tsi twincharger.

Seems more hassle than its worth that thing.

*hides* i know some people love it, and will attempt to murder me over the internet for saying that.

• Like 1

The end of a 1.4tsi Dual Chargers would not mean no more 1.4tsi in VWG cars..

There are various ones,

1.4TSI -TFSI  (Turbo) 105-150 ps, and ACT/COD,  (Cylinder on Demand.)  These engines are going in Seats, Audis and VW's,

There is supposed to be a VW Polo GTI in 2015 with 189 bhp, and a Manual option with what ever engine they choose.

No reason why not a 1.4 TSI ACT in a Fabia 2 replacement sometime down the line.

Yes the 'Turbo only' are far more reliable with less power,

as are the Twinchargers with less than the 180-185 ps,  nothing like the problem at 150-160 ps for 1.4 TSI Twinchargers.

They are the same Base Engines with Turbo,  or Turbo & Supercharger..

A Twincharger is producing 180 ps minimum on Turbo, the Supercharger was to reduce Lag,

They can do a 189 bhp 1.4 TSI without a Supercharger,

or just get the engine strengthened and sort the Manifolds out.

• Like 1

They dont have big Turbos , just a Turbo,  but they could have a Small Turbo and a bigger one.

Audi are going Electric Superchargers on Diesels, and that will be the future of Superchargers on Petrols.

The VOLVO Chief is the ex VW USA CEO  (Volvo being Chinese owned)

& Volvo are going with Twinchargers,  but then the Patents will be out with VW.

So much in comon with them all,  Ford Ecoboost, VW Twincharging, Volvo Twincharging.

Its just about Small Capacity engines with Direct Injection or what ever & get rid of the heat,

and BMW are going 500 cc Per Cylinder.

http://volkspage.net/technik/ssp/ssp/SSP_359.pdf

Explained there on the earliest Dual Chargers.

• Like 2

I know bmw did the 3 litre diesel with a 2 turbos, n they have reliability problems too dont they.

Im sure theyll manage it eventually. Just need a little longer to suss it out.

Shame the emissions laws are soo tight. They could be making some properly reliable cars now, if they didnt have to make them so complicated.

Euro 6 Emissions after September 2015 are going to be a problem,

but the German Manufacturers got in a panic over what is to be implemented in 2020, 

after they were all for it and found out they could not get there big barges to be near the new Limits.

Others had more efficient engines in the pipeline.

the VWG then did what it always does, tries to buy into the other Companies & take the new Technology for them selves.

There need the Eastern skills with small efficient engines, its not something that German Engineering is good with,

its taken them long enough to get motorbikes refined.

There reliability and quality control is rather pathetic and why they do not do long Warranties.

Hence they had the Problems with Suzuki wanting shot of them, & then they went after a chunk of Huyndai.

http://autoblog.com/2011/09/26/what-can-hyundai-do-silently-and-inexpensively-that-volkswagen-a

http://automatchtom.kinja.com/ford-and-hyundai-top-brand-loyalty-index-vw-stumbles-1569802649

When the pictures of the disguised car were revealed I said how dull it looked. People said we should wait for the real thing as it would look vey different. Well, here's the real thing - apparently. And guess what. It looks utterly dull. The skoda school of car design now seems to involve a photocopier and the enlarge or reduce settings. No flair, no interesting detailing, this is designed boredom. Skoda design is going backwards as fast as Honda's. Very sad. Only one car in the range is now worth buying compared to the opposition. That's the Octavia - but only if you need a boot the size of Wales.

LOL How nothing changes.

My very much tongue in cheek analysis of the Briskoda life cycle of a new Skoda model.

1. Rumours of the new model are leaked. Excitement - has anybody seen the pictures yet?

2. Special editions of the old model and heavy discounts initiate a flurry of "I just got my new ...." posts

3. A few blurred images of heavily disguised test mules in Autocar - excitement grows

4 A few sharp images of a lightly disguised test mule in Autocar - hmmm... don't like that. No wait a while - that IS still disguised.

5. Unofficial photos in Autocar - Oh my God! It's awful, bland, not a good as the old model, it looks like a [insert carpy car model here], I'm going back to Ford if that is what Skoda think of its loyal customers, I like it! Shut up! Sorry!

6. The release - anybody test driven it yet? I won't have one, Skoda have really messed this one up. I like it! Shut up! Sorry!

7. A new section in Briskoda (unless it is just a facelift) Anybody ordered one yet?

8. The first orders are placed. Eager anticipation.

9. Cars are delivered - Oooh! Show us the pics. Wow, nice colour!! Needs lowering and 20" alloys...

10. Delivery problems. I have to wait how long?!??

11. Things settle down... Just completed the first 5k miles in my new [insert model here]

12. Things go wrong... Has the widget bracket fallen off anybody else's? Ooh Sale of Goods Act! Reject it blah blah! Well actually they just fitted a new one under warranty! I would still have rejected I! Sale of Goods Act blah blah, not good enough blah blah.

13. Cars are modified... Just a little "I just put a centre armrest in..", or a little more "What! 4 wheel drive! In a Citigo?!!"

14. Things settle down..... I love my car! I hate mine, worst car I ever had, will never buy another Skoda. Can't judge a whole marque on the basis of one car with a problem. I love mine! Me too!! I don't! Shut up! Sorry! My widget bracket fell off - is this a common problem?

15 After 4-5 yrs, Go to 1

Go look at what those reprobates on the Fabia I forum were saying about your beloved Fabia II's - can you believe it was compared to a ....

please sit down for this...

It was compared to a 2CV.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/86692-fabia-mk1-vs-mk2/?p=1059000

or (shock horror) a Picanto

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/86692-fabia-mk1-vs-mk2/?p=1058989

Don't you just love Briskoda and all the Briskodians! Best forum on t'internet by a LONG way :D

Haha very good!

You should save that post. You could post it again when the cycle starts at 1 again.

I have had two new Fabias (1 and 2FL) but won't be buying this one - hate the front, it looks cheap.  Skoda made a big mistake with the new style grille.  Yes, Seat is looking more attractive.  They are more stylish and the latest interiors are a great improvement on previous efforts.  I'm also disappointed by the creaks and whines in my FL after only 25000 miles, not as good as the Fabia 1.  Hope they do more about NVH in the new one or they'll be lagging behind. 

Will be hanging on to our Monte as long as possible but this could be one of the better corporate clone looks, however will reserve judgement until we see it in the metal.

If they have got the drivers ergonomics sorted in the RHD version, it may replace our Octy III which sadly has not.

TP

I really like the position of the Seating, Steering & Controls in a Mk2 Fabia. or an Audi A1.

& the Easy in, Easy Out.

So that will be the Ergonomics.

I dislike that in a Skoda Rapid Spaceback which to me feels the same as a MK5 VW Polo.

Thats mostly the Seats Height, even though they obviously are adjustable

& the Sill that is not to my liking.