Taylor93's Mk1 VRS

Taylor93

someone had to say it and it may as well be someone with ocd...

I washed it down with a hosepipe to start off and alot of muck came off, and iwas tempted to say "that will do"

lol

Still looks good! :)

The main reason i did it, is becasue where my desk is at work, it overlooks where i park my car. and when i was driving to work, i always enjoyed sitting down at my desk and seeing her out in the car park :D

It is defiantly one of those cars i turn around to check out while walking away :) Nothing else in size/class from the time does it for me. Worked on Ibiza's and Polo's and meh, dont look as good as the Fabia vRS :D

Only perk would be if it was Petrol....  :devil:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Had a few issues over the past few days. Some mechanical some are electrical

Electrical issues started when I removed the instrument cluster to mess around with the dials for the FGF. I found that the green connector didn't have all of its purple locking clip. Meant that since I disturbed the connector the fuel gauge went mental. I'd have a diesel light and then say I've got half a tank. I retrieved a spare purple clip and since then the gauge is working properly. However during my investigation the airbag lamp has come on so I need VCDS to identify it.

Mechanical issues:

A whine is coming from the aux belt when the AC is on, I recall having great difficulty fitting the aux belt so the tensioner maybe on the way out.

Gearbox mount is due swapping

Finally the most concerning issue is the Lower boost pipe. The silicone hose has been rubbing on the drive shaft when on full right hand down lock. Which I'm worried about and not sure how to remidy it.

If I clock the turbo any further it will pull the pipe upwards which will then stress the joint near the front bumper

:(

It sounds like you need to sell it to me Taylor.....    

But on a plus note, those are just a few small niggles to man of your calibre, I am sure you will overcome them with a little thought..

Oh yea it's easy work just need the time to get it sorted.

As this is my first turbo charged car I'm learning how to setup the boost pipes with no stress in the system

• Like 1

Fixed!

1x New Aux Belt

1x New Aux tensioner (old one had gone bad)

1x Alternator (swapped from a "spare" motor)

Tweaked the boost pipe routing and would appear no more rubbing :) but a new pipe has been ordered.

Happy as larry! :D

Only remaining job is to change the front passenger door looms over so i can have my Electric window and mirror back :D

Will probably be it until combe as i have an FGF Estate to service/fix and potter about in 

• Like 2

Fixed!

1x New Aux Belt

1x New Aux tensioner (old one had gone bad)

1x Alternator (swapped from a "spare" motor)

Tweaked the boost pipe routing and would appear no more rubbing :) but a new pipe has been ordered.

Happy as larry! :D

Only remaining job is to change the front passenger door looms over so i can have my Electric window and mirror back :D

Will probably be it until combe as i have an FGF Estate to service/fix and potter about in

Eh? You've borrowed an FGF? In Estate form? Was it not you that described the Fabia estate as a hippo dragging its arse along the ground?
  • Like 1

Eh? You've borrowed an FGF? In Estate form? Was it not you that described the Fabia estate as a hippo dragging its arse along the ground?

This is true, but its the 1.4 MPI.... so im not borrowing it, a such, im fixing it.

Such as its oil leak, Faulty fuel filler cap, rattly timing chain, vague steering, stuck open thermostat.... :D

• Like 2

This is true, but its the 1.4 MPI.... so im not borrowing it, a such, im fixing it.

Such as its oil leak, Faulty fuel filler cap, rattly timing chain, vague steering, stuck open thermostat.... :D

Ahh 1.4 MPI, that's all fine then :) should keep you busy for a while?
  • Like 1

is it bad that im thinking of writting a how to guide for changing the 1.4 MPI chain?

Does it involve

1. Angle grinder

2. Hammer

3. Colourful language

If not I wouldn't bother.

In all seriousness it's probably worth writing one.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...