Taylor93's Mk1 VRS

Taylor93

pff thats nothing compared to my mums driveway! Here is my first car on the drive, the electric meter cabinet sits almost horizontal

309664_10150362215832044_1694018079_n.jp

Project 1: Retaining wall side and bottom, level driveway.

Project 2: Raise roof on garage and put in new block & beam floor leaving a 'mini pit'/storage space.

• Like 1

I too have a driveway that favours a ski slope! It is good for finding sockets as they roll to the bottom. Drive is a car and a half long and drops 7 feet from the road to the house.

13517629973_aa6b995e1f_b.jpg

• Like 2

Project 1: Retaining wall side and bottom, level driveway.

Project 2: Raise roof on garage and put in new block & beam floor leaving a 'mini pit'/storage space.

Im no builder so have not got a clue what you mean lol

I too have a driveway that favours a ski slope! It is good for finding sockets as they roll to the bottom. Drive is a car and a half long and drops 7 feet from the road to the house.

13517629973_aa6b995e1f_b.jpg

My dad used to have a Ford Galaxy and when Ford came to drop it home after its service the driver didnt realise how steep the driveway was and crashed into the garage door

• Like 1

I'm not either. Didn't stop me building a garage :p

I used to labor for my dad when I was a teen that was about it.

Same to an extent, ive built decking and done wood work, but never any brick work/cementing (except for building a solid fence)

• Like 1

Its only because I had the turbo off before when I did the headgasket.

Likewise with cleaning up the egr on the 1.4 16v Ive had to clean about 3/4 of them so I now know what is involved and the best order to do it. :D

• Like 2

Let me know when you have a holiday week, that should be enough to build a 1.8t Fabia. :D

Christmas Project? :rofl:

9 days of work holiday remaining. .....

Challenge accepted :P although I may have moved by then meaning it would be difficult

9 days of work holiday remaining. .....

Challenge accepted :p although I may have moved by then meaning it would be difficult

I can lock you in the depot for 9 days... send in food parcels. :D

• Like 4

Been thinking alot tonight.

I do prefer Petrol cars, so im not sure how long this project will go on for. I have to see how i feel after brands hatch on the 3rd!

When i go out for a drive, i like to ring its neck and feel like im getting out as much as im putting in. One thing i like about the citigo is peak power is at peak revs so when you are going some, its quite rewarding to drive.

Diesels have a very impressive amount of torque, but they run out of poke to early!

Been thinking alot tonight.

I do prefer Petrol cars, so im not sure how long this project will go on for. I have to see how i feel after brands hatch on the 3rd!

When i go out for a drive, i like to ring its neck and feel like im getting out as much as im putting in. One thing i like about the citigo is peak power is at peak revs so when you are going some, its quite rewarding to drive.

Diesels have a very impressive amount of torque, but they run out of poke to early!

Buy a blue Fabia and a Polo GTI from BossFox and you're sorted.
  • Like 1

Diesels drive differently from petrol cars, obviously, so it does take time to get used to how they put the power down. To improve the longevity you have to modify more to get power across the rev range, as you would a petrol engine. It just differs from the drivers perspective... no right or wrong I suppose just you get more power for less noticeable drop in mpg in a diesel than a petrol.... most of the time anyway ;)

• Like 1