Ugly engine bay.

Having recently fitted my Evoms induction kit I had to remove the engine cover from my tfsi. Having done this I was rather disappointed with what lay beneath. So thought I'd start this topic off to see what other people have done to add a bit of character to there engine bay. Now this is mainly aimed at tfsi owners but any diesel owners want to post pis feel free. It's always nice to see a tidy engine bay no matter what motor your running. I'll start it off and yes I know it needs a bit of a clean lol

B014A59B-5068-4E19-9FFE-4F32ADA953C8_zps

And more recently with the forge DV

6bc1d89242fb15014efc6d957ee3da8d_zpsb1c7

Is that a DV relocation on there? Which kit did you buy? My induction kit makes my car sound like a harmonica at certain RPM due to the air passing over the stock Diverter valve location. I really want to get it moved so it doesnt do it

I will be watching this thread as I have just bought a vrs same engine!

And I love a smart looking engine bay!!!

Most be something somewhere that can hide over the engine?

Just a quick question tho how come the old engine cover doesn't fit?

I modified the engine bay of my old punto, and used the cover from a bravo as it looked better than the old airbox!

Are there any other VAG cars that use the same engine with a different cover you could adapt?

Even if it meant chopping the underside to fit around your induction mods?

Is that a DV relocation on there? Which kit did you buy? My induction kit makes my car sound like a harmonica at certain RPM due to the air passing over the stock Diverter valve location. I really want to get it moved so it doesnt do it

It's a Forge kit from Awesome gti. It's a bit on the expensive side but it does the job and it looks nice too.

• Like 1

Most be something somewhere that can hide over the engine?

Just a quick question tho how come the old engine cover doesn't fit?

I could modify the standard engine cove but I don't really want to start cutting it up as I may need to put it back on should I wish to sell the car in the future. The intake runs in the same place as the standard cover/air box so has to be removed.

Ttrs engine cover Is an ideal swap. Or you could paint your rocker cover to tidy things up and add some colour.

Mines the same bar the catch can. I will be swapping from the single piece tube to the mtc kit as the single piece kit gives it a funny whistle noise at the top of the revs.

Not sure I'd waste money on the forge dv either tbh, a new rev D/G are just as good and my forge spacer is much louder if it's noise your after.

35026282-CC6D-4FA9-A795-8138ACFF8F57.jpg

Edited by SNH

Ttrs engine cover Is an ideal swap. Or you could paint your rocker cover to tidy things up and add some colour.

I've seen the Ttrs covers and they do look good. I do like to be able to see what's powering the car though so a painted rocker cover would probably be my choice.

Not sure I'd waste money on the forge dv either tbh, a new rev D/G are just as good and my forge spacer is much louder if it's noise your after.

Agreed unless you have plans for further modification (ko4) the relocation kit probably is not the most cost effective way of getting "the noise" especially seen as the forge spacers can be picked up for a very good price second hand. Or slightly more for a new one.

• Like 1

Hi,

I thought the same once I fitted the Evoms, just looked a mess. I got a second tfsi engine cover and modified to fit, basically cut away the filter section, keeping the four fixing points and the top cover. Looks pretty tidy once fittedpost-46253-0-83228800-1405977925_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Hi,

I thought the same once I fitted the Evoms, just looked a mess. I got a second tfsi engine cover and modified to fit, basically cut away the filter section, keeping the four fixing points and the top cover. Looks pretty tidy once fitted

Yeah looking good. Would look standard to any one who didn't know better nice work.

Does any one know if the oil filler neck can be removed so the cap locates directly onto the rocker cover? It looks like it does but I'm unwilling to try and remove it without knowing for sure incase i damage it.

• 2 months later...

You can get a Evoms metal engine cover and then take the grey section of the oem airbox, remove it and stick them together to give a OEM looking cover! thats what I did and I'm in Poppleton York if you wants to come and have a look.

I think its looks bob on when finished.

• Like 2

You can get a Evoms metal engine cover and then take the grey section of the oem airbox, remove it and stick them together to give a OEM looking cover! thats what I did and I'm in Poppleton York if you wants to come and have a look.

Would love to see yours as I am looking for ideas ;)

Hi,

I thought the same once I fitted the Evoms, just looked a mess.

I got a second tfsi engine cover and modified to fit, basically cut away the filter section,

keeping the four fixing points and the top cover. Looks pretty tidy once fittedattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Yes - i did this on mine; relatively easy to do as well  :thumbup:

Engine covers and few other bits now :)

3430B6C4-6BC9-4D2C-AE01-0FBFE8A4BE9B_zps

Some smart work goin on you could custom a engine cover using an original cut and re shaped then hydro dip it so it looks like custom

sorry to hijack the topic here as i know this is to do with tfsi engine covers but will that fit onto the tsi engine and if so which audi cover is that ??