Krystal Kleen & LiquidElements products

samuir1974

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone used KKD/LE Gloss Boost product?  Looks quite interesting - see link below.

Marc offered to throw a sample in my latest order to test; plus some free applicators for product application.

http://liquidelementsuk.co.uk/products/gloss-boost-sealant

Samples due on Friday from Marc Linekar.... just need some decent weather to test!

The supplied 1200gsm buffing towel sounds awesome - and sponge bob applicator too.

10923534_10152684496916309_6477826205091

• Like 1

Steve is happy for me to reply

"Glossboost is a waterbased acrylc polymer sealant. It has been specifically engineered to allow it to be sprayable much the same way as a spray wax is. Prep can be whatever you want it to be but obviousely the better the prep the better the visual effect and durability ultimately. In a perfect world for maximum durability it would be applied on clean paint. However the nature f these sprayable products means they are generally used during maintenance work or even valets. this is where gloss boost comes into its own as it has the ability to lift the gloss levels with its unique gloss enhancers so is normally used over the top of other products to provide a 'lift' to the appearance and extend the durability of other products. It can however also be used over waxes but this will of course affect durability but then if its used regularly this wont be an issue. On bare polished paint it will give maximum durability of around 3 months"

• Like 1

Steve is happy for me to reply

"Glossboost is a waterbased acrylc polymer sealant. It has been specifically engineered to allow it to be sprayable much the same way as a spray wax is. Prep can be whatever you want it to be but obviousely the better the prep the better the visual effect and durability ultimately. In a perfect world for maximum durability it would be applied on clean paint. However the nature f these sprayable products means they are generally used during maintenance work or even valets. this is where gloss boost comes into its own as it has the ability to lift the gloss levels with its unique gloss enhancers so is normally used over the top of other products to provide a 'lift' to the appearance and extend the durability of other products. It can however also be used over waxes but this will of course affect durability but then if its used regularly this wont be an issue. On bare polished paint it will give maximum durability of around 3 months"

Thanks for posting up NM, top man - i was stuck in meetings this afternoon  :thumbup:

Words direct from Marc Linekar himself, including spelling mistakes  :giggle:

• Like 1

Found this Steve and NM:

Published on 08-11-2014 11:20 AM

Review: Liquid Elements Gloss Boost Spray Sealant

The Product
15370658112_f85ddd084e.jpg
Availablele http://www.Liquidelementsuk.co.uk

Description
Gloss Boost is ian acrylic polymer sealant thats is exceptionally easy to apply. Add this to the depth of gloss that is achieved after a single application and deal for show cars either as a top up or a standalone product. Durability of two months can be achieved on well prepared paintwork. Gloss Boost enhances the depth of gloss and seals the paint surface.

Application
Simply wipe onto panel..wait 20 seconds and buff clear

The car is wearing Wolf’s Chemicals bodyguard coating and Full Moon wax, so this may affect the durability of this product, as it was not tested as a stand alone LSP, but as a top-up.
As I was racing against the clock, because it’s getting dark really fast these days, I decided to try it on half of the bonnet of the car, just to see if there was indeed a difference in gloss when the sealants was applied.

Before:
15182800030_82f88ff2d9.jpg

After:
15369190522_17bece941d.jpg

The picture doesn’t do it justice, but the right side, where Gloss Boost was applied, appeared to be a bit darker then the left side. I wouldn’t say the shine was bigger, but the deep, warme gloss was indeed a bit stronger then before.

Then I decided to gave it a more thouroughly view.
Application says: simply wipe on panel and wait 20 seconds and buff clear. It doesn’t say how much to spray, and do you spray directly on the paint, or on the cloth?
So I decided to spray directly on the paint.
Note: I received a sample bottle and sprayer, so I cannot comment on how many sprays are best used for a panel.

Sprayed on:
15366336331_a7ce1e37fc.jpg

As you can see, I used a good amount for half of the bonnet of the BMW, and actually, this turned out to be more the needed. The product spreads out so good, only very little is needed.
My first though was: this smells a bit like reload, I hope it doesn’t streak that bad on black paint. We’ll see…

Wipe on:
15366336371_bf414b6e53.jpg

The product wiped on so easily, and a little goes a long way.
It was like the product just melted into the paint. At the first wipe, you could see the product where you wiped, when going over a second time, you couldn’t see anything anymore, the product was “gone”. I was very surprised by this.
First thing that came to mind: do I need to be fast after spraying so the product doesn’t dissapear…
I decided to test this. I sprayed it on panel 1 and then on panel 2. When returning to panel 1 to wipe on, the product was still there and was very easy to wipe on and same story as before, when wiping, it melted into the paint.
Then I went back to panel 2, which had a good minute at rest, the product was still laying there, waiting to be wiped on. Brilliant, very easy to apppy.

Wipe off:
You should wait 20 seconds and buff clear… So I did, but it was like buffing nothing at all. The mf just slided over the paint, nothing to see. It was like this was a WOWA sealant. No hazing, no streaking, no nothing, just very easy to use.
Next thing came to mind: what if I left it on longer, would it then start to haze, or give trouble buffing?
So I sprayed a panel and wiped on and left it like this, until I completed the whole car, then went back to buff it clear… nothing changed, still a breeze to buff, no hazing, no streaking. Amazing!!

So how did it handle on glass and trim?
I used it on the back window and the same as on the paint, it just melted in, leaving nothing to buff. Still waiting on some rain to take some pictures of how it does.
Then I tried it on some trim.

Excuse this pic, it was getting dark…:
15366336251_a42dc6fc78.jpg

I applied it to the right side, by spraying on a mf towel and wiping on.
No white residu, nothing to buff off, again, very easy, and it darkened the trim a bit and give it a nice satin gloss.

I am still waiting on some rain to see how the beading and sheeting will be and if it will then stain the trim, so I will update this review with pics and keep looking at durability.
I did not notice any extra dust attraction on my black car, but also not any less.

Conclusion:

This is an amazing product, very easy in application and you can even be a bit sloppy with it without any harm… I would even dare to use it a WOWA sealant and will be used a topper.
The paint felt really slick afterwards and easier to use then many QD’s…

Reading the application write up...It appears to apply in the same way as Dr.Beasley's Plasma Coat:

It was like the product just melted into the paint. At the first wipe, you could see the product where you wiped, when going over a second time, you couldn’t see anything anymore, the product was “gone”. I was very surprised by this.

I'm using Trim-X (http://liquidelementsuk.co.uk/collections/krystal-kleen-detail/products/trim-x-tyre-trim-sealant) on the tyres and engine bay plastics and am finding it to be very good.

I don't like the gloss / shine that many tyre coatings leave so this more matt works for me. It was also over two months ago that I put a coat on and you can easily see where the coating was as this is still pretty clean when compared to the rest of the tyre. Did find that spraying on and then wiping with a foam tyre applicator worked better than a cloth. Also easier to apply that way.

As for the engine bay, it does't get that dirty but it is now pretty easy to wipe down with a wet cloth before reapplying Trim-X.

Can't say that I was that impressed with it on the exterior [plastic trim (and there is a lot of it on the Yeti). Will be applying Gtechniq Permanent Trim Restorer when it warms up enough and will be able to compare it to that then.

Glad you are finding the Trim-X useful.

Today i was doing both our cars at home - so didnt have time to dedicate on a full test of Gloss Boost;

but i sealed up both cars with Purity-X - which is a great and versatile sealant.

I certainly follow Marc, KKD and LE products closely - they are spot-on!  :thumbup:

I've not tried it, but my mate has, i'll ask him what he thought.

Good - thanks for that; feedback from your mate would be ideal.

I have enough woolite to use up before i move house; but i think i'll try the KKD stuff when i need to re-order   :thumbup:

Good - thanks for that; feedback from your mate would be ideal.

I have enough woolite to use up before i move house; but i think i'll try the KKD stuff when i need to re-order   :thumbup:

Just spoke to him as i'm expecting a delivery from him soon. He said it was good, but he does not like using powders. He said he prefers "Micro-Restore" from Motorgeek. It cleaned well & he will continue to use KK until it runs out, but will then go back to a liquid cleaner.

• Like 1

Just spoke to him as i'm expecting a delivery from him soon. He said it was good, but he does not like using powders. He said he prefers "Micro-Restore" from Motorgeek. It cleaned well & he will continue to use KK until it runs out, but will then go back to a liquid cleaner.

Nice one - i'll look at that on Motorgeek.... maybe another Adam's wash-pad on the order too!  ;)

Thanks for the quick feedback NM.  :thumbup:

• Like 1

Nice one - i'll look at that on Motorgeek.... maybe another Adam's wash-pad on the order too!  ;)

Thanks for the quick feedback NM.  :thumbup:

No problem, could go 50/50 on the cleaner, Motorgeek is not that far away for me & I could fetch it & bring it when I come up to yours for that curry you keep promising me :giggle:

• Like 1

No problem, could go 50/50 on the cleaner, Motorgeek is not that far away for me & I could fetch it & bring it when I come up to yours for that curry you keep promising me :giggle:

Well - i'm certainly not in a rush; so why not - good plan!  :thumbup:

I'll shout on the curry then - you can buy the beers though....  ;)  :happy:  :rofl:

• Like 1

Chatting with Marc@KKD today in fact - trying to get a good price on some wax/sealant applicators for the proposed Group Buy  ;)

Just to note - he has some new products which should be launching soon and a new logo confirmed just today...

Sneak preview below... good luck for 2015 Marc  :thumbup:

10943871_836035596435751_533699544846140

• Like 1

Where do you put the discount code in on the website?

Need some blizzard snow foam

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk the free non retired version!

It's in one of the windows as you proceed to checkout mate   :thumbup:

• Like 1

It must of changed. It uses a PayPal check out dsystem now. I entered BRISKODA10 in to the PayPal gift voucher, reward or other discount, however it's not recognised.

The next stage is to continue to confirm the payment to KK

It must of changed. It uses a PayPal check out dsystem now. I entered BRISKODA10 in to the PayPal gift voucher, reward or other discount, however it's not recognised.

The next stage is to continue to confirm the payment to KK

To be fair i was looking at standard checkout - not Paypal;

i'll drop him a message and see if he's about to answer on this.  :thumbup: