Space saver wheel for VRS as dealer accessory

You can do this....but imagine the scene - late night on a motorway, pi55ing down with rain and you left your coat at home. Front tyre's flat and SWMBO's just had her hair done so there's no way she's getting out to help.

So having emptied the boot anyway (can't avoid that one unfortunately) you then have to jack up the rear, replace the tyre, then do the same at the front all in the dark with no one holding the torch (you know the one - you meant to replace the batteries last month but never got round to it)...........

:)

Or worse. Same situation but SWMBO in the car on her own or with kids on the phone.

I shudder at the thought of having to say over the phone to take the wheel off the back put it on the front and then put the spacesaver on the back.

If there is no spare wheel available for a VRS why have I been allowed to order one and the factory accepted the order. There is even one in the options list it's a temporary space saver wheel suitable for 17" & 18" wheels

I have a spare wheel for my Vrs, it's like a motor bike tyre, quite narrow and it's on a steel wheel I also have the foam insert with a jack and a wheel brace

Came with the car

PS, the smallest wheel to fit the MKIII Vrs on the front is 17"

• Like 1

Just had an update from SUK. Their parts teams are actively testing spare wheel solutions for the VRS and should have one to provide to customers by the end of August.

They are working with my local dealer who I presume will be able to sell me the solution when its ready.

• Like 1

Just had an update from SUK. Their parts teams are actively testing spare wheel solutions for the VRS and should have one to provide to customers by the end of August.

They are working with my local dealer who I presume will be able to sell me the solution when its ready.

:D the solution already exists..... bless 'em.

You can do this....but imagine the scene - late night on a motorway, pi55ing down with rain and you left your coat at home.  Front tyre's flat and SWMBO's just had her hair done so there's no way she's getting out to help.

So having emptied the boot anyway (can't avoid that one unfortunately) you then have to jack up the rear, replace the tyre, then do the same at the front all in the dark with no one holding the torch (you know the one - you meant to replace the batteries last month but never got round to it)...........

:)

Isn't that what Skoda Assist is for - so you don't get your hands dirty :)

• Like 1

Sometimes you have no choice.  Last year my hire car got a flat about 10 miles from Gatwick and I had just over an hour before my flight.  It was raining but it was a case of call someone out or DIY.  I DIY'd it and made it home that night. 

If you have time to wait an hour or so then I agree with you. Let someone else do it.

Sometimes you have no choice. Last year my hire car got a flat about 10 miles from Gatwick and I had just over an hour before my flight. It was raining but it was a case of call someone out or DIY. I DIY'd it and made it home that night.

If you have time to wait an hour or so then I agree with you. Let someone else do it.

True, in some cases you need to do it yourself.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Update from Skoda UK. There is now an aftermarket space saver and foam insert with toolkit available for the VRS. They are finalising the parts in their system but it should be purchasble via dealers starting next week.

Result!

Any update on pricing?

Bloody idiotic of Skoda UK as the VW Golf MK7 (all variants) either comes with a 16" space saver or a 18" space saver depending on the alloys fitted & if you have the Dynaudio sound system............but you still get a space saver wheel as standard fit....................

Skoda defo gone downhill..............

Bloody idiotic of Skoda UK as the VW Golf MK7 (all variants) either comes with a 16" space saver or a 18" space saver depending on the alloys fitted & if you have the Dynaudio sound system............but you still get a space saver wheel as standard fit....................

Skoda defo gone downhill..............

:D  even the mkII Octavia had an optional spare wheel.

Hello

I need some reassurance. I am offshore so I can not check it myself.

Do the estate and hatch both have space under the boot floor for the spare wheel?

I need this info because usually that is where the LPG tank goes.

In the Macedonian specs it says spare wheel as standard EQ but could not find out if it has space under the boot floor.

Cheers

Hello

I need some reassurance. I am offshore so I can not check it myself.

Do the estate and hatch both have space under the boot floor for the spare wheel?

I need this info because usually that is where the LPG tank goes.

In the Macedonian specs it says spare wheel as standard EQ but could not find out if it has space under the boot floor.

Cheers

Yes they do. It will take a 205/55R16 tyre or equivalent.

Are you going to LPG convert a new Octy??? - very brave!

Iike I said in another post. Where I live LPG is 60/65 eurocents and petrol is 1.3 euros. Twice the price. The lpg costs 900 euros. 

The math says by 1800km(lets say 2500km because lpg uses more liters+38% per 100km) I would have paid off the lpg system and start effectively saving money on fuel. The car+lpg has to pay it self on the long run.

The local Skoda dealer here sells them with lpg fitted by a local(connected with the dealer) garage. It costs more for the fitting but you still get the warranty on the car.

If you take it out of the dealer on petrol and instal lpg in any other garage(cheaper) you loose the warranty.

I have heard that usually it takes 20 000km before fitting the LPG but i think new engines need not that?

Any advice and experience is welcomed and appreciated

Cheers

Yes they do. It will take a 205/55R16 tyre or equivalent.

Are you going to LPG convert a new Octy??? - very brave!

tnx for the answer !

What's the part number Farsider??. I have just spent 125 euros on a new conti after picking up a huge piece of metal, used the tyre gunk and amazingly it kept the air in, this happened last Thursday ordered new tyre arrived and fitted Monday. I regularly drive from Germany back to Nottingham and spend many hours pleading to the gods of motoring for no punctures or blow outs.