iPhone 6

Dodgy

Not starting a thread to discuss relative merits of this phone, especially not interested in some kind of pathetic fanboi war, either.

Just to say that the iphone 6+ will not fit in the 'bluetooth+' compartment of an Octavia III nor in the little removable phone holder near the handbrake.

That is all :)

• Like 1

Not starting a thread to discuss relative merits of this phone, especially not interested in some kind of pathetic fanboi war, either.

Just to say that the iphone 6+ will not fit in the 'bluetooth+' compartment of an Octavia III nor in the little removable phone holder near the handbrake.

That is all :)

Good reason for not buying one then!

• Like 1

But then that surely applies to all of the many of the phones with similar sized screens? Of which there are many...

Of course it does! But nobody has one yet! I'm just passing on this as I was sad enough to make a scale cardboard cut out and test it in my car, thought it would be useful to others.

Just leave it in your pocket and let Bluetooth do the work :)

Agreed. That's what I do as I carry two iPhones around on weekdays ( work phone). I only ever take them out of my pocket to check emails/texts but then I only do that if I'm parked up.

My LG G3 fits and it also has a 5.5" screen... it is tight though... so the iPhone 6 might JUST fit in?

Nope, well, my scientific experiment using the finest cardboard available says no anyway. The iPhone has a longer bezel at top and bottom of phone. Also, there's definitely no way of charging it when it's in the bluetooth+ compartment.

I can get the iphone 6+ cardboard cutout in there, but it doesn't lay flat on the surface of the BT+ compartment.

Nope, well, my scientific experiment using the finest cardboard available says no anyway. The iPhone has a longer bezel at top and bottom of phone. Also, there's definitely no way of charging it when it's in the bluetooth+ compartment.

I can get the iphone 6+ cardboard cutout in there, but it doesn't lay flat on the surface of the BT+ compartment.

It doesn't need to lay flat to work. The compartment is basically a nano version of the networks huge cell towers, so your phone registers with the car thinking it's the nearest cell and the car then passes that onto the nearest tower via its superior exterior aerial. So actually the phone signal will be boosted even if it's within a few inches of the compartment.

So as long as you can get the cut out in there without bending the cardboard it will work with the phone too.

• 5 weeks later...

Just to update this thread. The iPhone 6 Plus DOES fit in the Bluetooth+ compartment. Mine fits (snug) with an Apple leather case which adds 1/2mm at both ends of the phone but fine without a case.

The downside is there's no chance of charging the phone in there as well but it does fit.

Edited by JamesVRSmk3