Energy Companies

Sippo

They drive me round the bend!!

We are with NPower currently, and our 'year' has just finished. We were £29 in credit which was nice.

Now they have decided to put our monthly payments up by £18!

How does that work?!!

And breathe...

Think yourself lucky; as least NPower will let you change supplier; British Gas have blocked me THREE TIMES; I finally thought I had managed to transfer my (dormant) gas account to another supplier, but guess what!! Because I owed SEVENTY PENCE they blocked it!!!! This was all in MARCH, but they didnt tell me, and a new bill for over £50 has just landed on my doorstep!!

Had a similar situation with EON, they were charging us just short of £90 a month all year, we were left in credit also, following year they decided they had done the calculations wrong and upped our bill to over £150 a month!!! now sitting back and £110 a month after they realised they fooked up once again and were overcharging us... seriously considering leaving them!

We're with EDF and have been for some time on one or other of their fixed deals.

No major cocks ups but they do some odd things. Billing seems to happen on the roll of a dice. Sometimes its a quarterly bill, sometime it's monthly, once they didn't do it for 6 months.

They are all the same.........except for OVO.

They never touch your direct debit payments (although they do say they can if you are in arrears). Additionally you can easily amend it online if you want to.

Best of all they pay 3% interest on all balances, so TBH you don't care anyway because they pay better than any bank :)

Last time I looked they had decent energy rates aswell.

After years of grief being with the big players I doubt I'll move from Ovo in the near future, they have been really great.

Ps. UK customer services with 'normal people' on the other end :)

• Like 1

Had similar with my electric & Gas. Got sent an estimated bill, so put in the correct readings. Electric was about 3 units more than they said, entering that online was fine.......Gas? about 70 units less (away for 3 weeks a middle of summer!) could I enter that? NO! Apparently there is an error when you want to give them less money. Going to have to ring them Monday and sort it out!

I swapped to First Utility recently and wish I hadn't bothered. They ignored the opening reads I submitted and made up their own which they passed to my old supplier so I got a huge closing bill. Three months on and I'm still no closer to a resolution.

Yesterday it took 80 minutes to speak to someone who cut me off when I demanded to speak to their supervisor.

I've got a complaint going through the ombudsman at the mo.

I am with Utility Warehouse which have always been the cheapest, i also have a cash back card so when i do shopping i put it on the card and normally at the end of the month i get around £20 off my gas and electric. It's not a credit card as you put the money on it yourself and spend it that way.

They drive me round the bend!!

We are with NPower currently, and our 'year' has just finished. We were £29 in credit which was nice.

Now they have decided to put our monthly payments up by £18!

How does that work?!!

And breathe...

Npower.dont get me started with Npower

Last year was paying £104 a month and had a letter saying it was going up by 10% despite being over £200 in credit

Like it's been said,do it to many and think of the interest

Took me £200 and moved to eon

£58 a month and slightly in credit,much better!

Try this http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cheapenergyclub not only will it give you the cheapest supplier but will continue to monitor the prices and alert you when it's time to change ..... with OVO at the moment and they seem to be very good

Take it with a pinch of salt though.

Last 2 alerts told me there was cheaper, most recent says my current supplier is now cheaper again - so glad I didn't swap.

I am with the COOP at they are very good and the DD has dropped rather than gone up.

Let us hope it is not a cold winter coming up and the Russians are selling their gas for an exorbitant price and we are paying with it with our weak pound! 

Edited by lol-lol

Time to turn those German and UK nuclear stations back on then I guess ;)

They arent "turned off", they are "taken apart", the time line for building a new nuclear power station - excluding planning permission - is about 10-15 years; Putler will be eating his caviare in Windsor castle long before then.

(WITH planning permission  = the day after forever - no one wants a nuke near them, or ANYTHING ELSE it seems these days)

The German ones are off for green paranoia/fukashema reasons and some UK ones are down for maintenance.

Hence the getting them back online for winter would be a good thing.

As for the building of new ones, they should just get the remaining UK nuclear skills on the job, and get going with it.

If there is a nuke station there already, the planning should be made much more streamlined.

Well, I made a tweet about my NPower bill but didn't mention them via a hashtag or '@' but I get a response...

They have decided that I can keep my original payment plan....

The cheek. I'm guessing some people just accept the payment rises.

It has taken npower nearly a year to sort that the meters bolted to our house are not the ones they think are ours and charge us on. They are pointless and as soon as not is resolved, we are changing supplier.