SKODA OCTAVIA GREENLINE II AWFUL MPG ( GREENLIE )

(((( I am a taxi driver, 29 years old, looking for quality at bargain price!!! And avoid FAKE Chinese companies when possible!!! ))))

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

BRISKODA KEEPS DELETING MY TOPIC.....Recently bought a 2011 Skoda Octavia 1.6 TDI CR Greenline II Hatchback in White 72000 mile on the clock for £8000 hoping to get better fuel ECONNMY.

MANUAL REAR WINDOWS!!! 

NO BOOT 12V SOCKET!!!

SAT NAV!!! 

NO REAR WIPER!!!

AMAZING COMBINATION OF A KIT = !"£erfghj(*&^%$£wasxdcfgvhbj)(*&^%edfttghfd"£$%^&£$%^yhjnmnbvft^&*(8656456Y = OCTAVIA GREENLINE.

As a taxi driver I sacrificed several things to get ONE thing "BETTER REAL LIFE MPG".

1. I do 90% driving in town.

2. I always use shell V-power diesel.

3. I drive best for the economy.

4. I use stop/start technology.

5. Tyres are all weather and 195/65/R15. ( All Tyres pressure at 35 )

6. The car drives faultless with no issues.

7. Skoda official MPG figure in town = 60.1 MPG

And why the hell I get something between 38 to 42 mpg in a 12 hour shift????????????

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

DO NOT TRUST THEM; THEY ARE ALL LIARS.

DO NOT BUY THEIR GREENLINE YOU WILL REGRET IT.

GREENLIE.........

Edited by Octycab

Them manual rear windows and lack of power socket in the boot have a dramatic effect on mpg........get electric rear windows and a power socket retro fitted and you'll be touching 60mpg with no sweat, as long as the aircons working that is

Regards all

Juan

Sent from my iPhone using my thumbs

• Like 4

When was the air filter last changed?

When was the last oil / filter change?

When was the last fuel filter change ?

Get it scanned with VCDS if possible?

Jack up all wheels and check for a partially seized brake?

Stop driving with a heavy right foot :thumbdown:  :notme:

Hopeone of these will help resolve your problem?

Thank you for your replies....

1. Something wrong, something wrong, something wrong.......

2. Learn how to drive a Skoda !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I have driven many cars ( The best ride was my 2009 Audi A4 ).

This Octavia Greenlie is my third Octavia. 

I have owned these cars:

1. 2000 Renault clio 1.2 Petrol

2. 2003 Honda Civic 1.6 Petrol

3. 2004 Honda Civic 1.6 Petrol

4. 2005 Suzuki Alto 1.0 Petrol

5. 2007 Vauxhall Vectra 1.9 Diesel

6. 2008 Peugeot 307 1.6 Diesel

7. 2008 Skoda Octavia 1.9 Diesel ( Crashed ) 

8. 2008 Skoda Octavia 1.9 Diesel

9. 2009 Audi A4 1.9 Diesel

10. 2011 Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel Greenlie

1. WHAT COULD GO WRONG THAT CAN SERIOUSLY AFFECT THE MPG? 

2. I THOUGHT SKODA IS A CAR AS SOMEONE JUST SAID SKODA IS A HORSE!!!

Thank you,

Have you had the tracking checked, proper 4 wheel alignment that is. I severely doubt it would make 20mpg difference but it might make some. as others have said though it's either an undiagnosed issue or a heavy right foot 

Relax "friend" i was kidding, also a cab driver.

Still haven't answered my question, is the mpg at the pump?

How many km can you do from full till reserve light comes on.

We are here to try and help, accept a joke or two as we also accept your unhappy situation

Edited by alberg

I don't drive in city and donnot drive for economy, well sometimes. I averaging 5.5 liter and normally get around 850km from full untill reserve light comes on. In city even if you go up 1 liter per 100 km you still get around 750 km.

I don't have start/stop

It is still one of the greatest forum misnomers, that all diesel owners on forums have to justify their car by talking about fantastic mpg.

We have a full diesel fleet that also uses our own digital key fuel pumps with all linked to a computer and the vehicles mileage must be entered before fuel is delivered.

Virtually ALL vehicles are minimum 20% under the manufacturer figures! that's why I discount the majority on here that get superfantasticexosupercal mpg..........it's a one off or exaggeration! or the super drive like miss daisy. Normal daily drivers not a chance of meeting the manufacturer figures.

Stop/start traffic in town I presume with a lot of idling dropping/picking up 32 mpg ain't bad with a loaded car. Diesel or not, you are being realistic.

• Like 1

I was constantly getting 60mpg+ over the 3 years commuting in 1.6 Greenline. If stuck in heavy traffic it would fall to the low50s through. I have only ever achieved the published figures a couple of times but that was down to an specific circumstances. In my experience a lot of drivers don't know how to get the most economy out of a car but you can't do much when you are sitting in traffic.

There have been, however, reports of the odd 1.6 tdi having terrible mpg - I think there was a thread in the Fabia 2 forum of a similar problem.

It is still one of the greatest forum misnomers, that all diesel owners on forums have to justify their car by talking about fantastic mpg.

We have a full diesel fleet that also uses our own digital key fuel pumps with all linked to a computer and the vehicles mileage must be entered before fuel is delivered.

Virtually ALL vehicles are minimum 20% under the manufacturer figures! that's why I discount the majority on here that get superfantasticexosupercal mpg..........it's a one off or exaggeration! or the super drive like miss daisy. Normal daily drivers not a chance of meeting the manufacturer figures.

Stop/start traffic in town I presume with a lot of idling dropping/picking up 32 mpg ain't bad with a loaded car. Diesel or not, you are being realistic.

Hi,

don't really agree. I get some good "mpg" and do not drive like "Miss Daisy", maybe like "Mr. Buttercup" at times but defo not "Miss Daisy". :P When ever I am driving a company car I always drive it relaxed about the fuel and Tyre impact as I am not the one paying for it. but my personal car...... :) that one I pay attention to.......

I've said it before, those that believe their on-board computers are being had.

The only accurate way to calculate the MPG figure is to reset the mileage when you fill up and then add the number of litres and distance covered in to a website similar to this one...

http://www.torquecars.com/tools/uk-mpg-calculator.php

I remember you mentioning this before many months ago and I suggested that your software was using US gallons rather than imperial gallons to calculate MPG:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/278750-fuel-consumption/?p=3301673

You didn't reply at the time.

A US gallon is about 17% smaller than an imperial gallon so might explain the 'minimum 20% under the manufacturer figures'.