tweenster's Citigo Monte Carlo - it's very red!

tweenster

That's a helluva deal!!

My local dealer valued mine at 4K and its only 2 and a half years old with 23K on the clock. Im sure my MGFV in a years time is about 4K (maybe a couple of hundred less). Mind they weren't offering great deals either, nothing much in the way of discounts and crap trade ins. Tried to tell me I needed to put at least 1250 down to get a good finance deal....

That's a helluva deal!!

My local dealer valued mine at 4K and its only 2 and a half years old with 23K on the clock. Im sure my MGFV in a years time is about 4K (maybe a couple of hundred less). Mind they weren't offering great deals either, nothing much in the way of discounts and crap trade ins. Tried to tell me I needed to put at least 1250 down to get a good finance deal....

Thanks  :clap:

Yeah my Sport is only 2 and a half years old (63-plate) with 17k, so not all that different from yours! They wanted to value it at less than £4500 to take account of the 2 months passing and the plate change in March (As this is when the new one arrives). We came to the mutual decision that if they wanted a deal it would be setting the p/x price as of today for when the new car arrives!! BTW I also used Carwow to get the initial discount and then went from there with negotiations.

I'm still impressed at the px deal. I looked at 2 places and would only just get 4k if mine wad absolutely mint. Tbh I don't think they wanted it.

If I vt mine then all the money they are throwing at me would be off the car and not to clear the negative equity.

Going forward I wonder where vag goes with the trio baring in mind they have no residual value.

• 2 weeks later...

The Citigo has a stay of execution as Mrs T decided she didn't want to part with her Fabia vRS and the monthly payments with exchanging only the Citigo were more than we are prepared to pay.

That said, my time spent looking at possible new cars has led me to the VW Polo BlueGT, with the 150bhp 1.4 TSi ACT engine. Having read a bunch of reviews this appears to be the perfect car for my needs and driving style; just need to wait till I'm closer to the end of my agreement on the Citigo. Although no doubt something else will come along in the meantime to turn my head again.

• Like 1

We were in the Skoda dealer today having the Fabia MOT'd; had a good look round the Fabia Monte Carlo Estate and really liked it, and we particularly liked the panoramic roof. But why oh why can I not have a petrol Monte Carlo with the DSG gearbox? How stupid are the Skoda marketing team???

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I've been away from the forum for a while as a result of a medical issue but I've had a clean bill of health and so am back on the road!  Managed this on my commute home on Friday; well chuffed:

20160930_163759_001_zpsomruatyy.jpg

The Citigo had been parked, unused, for some 4 months and so I thought it deserved a wash. It was snow foamed and hand washed and then the plan was for a coat of Sonax BSD. However, I stopped after doing just the roof and the bonnet as the paintwork needs a more thorough clean, eg clay bar and polish, to remove all the crap that has accumulated whilst under the tree. Never mind, it still looks a lot better than it did! And I managed to refresh the Rain-X on the windscreen. headlights, mirrors and rear screen.

• Like 4

Car went in for its 2 year service today; 16487 miles on the clock. Front tyres are about halfway through their life and the rears about a quarter, so I will swap them around tomorrow if its dry. Other than that, the car is in fine fettle.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This evening I had to take our daughter to Leeds for a sleepover, leaving at just before 4pm on a Friday, probably the worst time possible to travel. We got delayed by traffic in Lincoln but in the main it was a good journey. I dropped our daughter off and headed out to Bradford to pick up a takeaway curry for dinner (it is our favourite Indian restaurant ever so well worth it), refuelled and then headed home. Any thoughts of '500 miles from a tank' were quickly dispelled as I grabbed it by the scruff of the neck and headed for the outside lane, The little Citigo is an absolute joy when driven like this. Lots of revs off roundabouts to make reasonable progress and 'Driving Rock - The Ultimate Collection' on the CD player made for a thoroughly enjoyable drive. The roads back were relatively clear and I made it home in just under 2 hours. What was more surprising was that the PID was showing 55mpg!

I have owned some nice cars over the years but the Citigo is right up there as one of the best all round cars I have ever had. Ridiculously inexpensive to own and run and yet an absolute hoot to drive when you are in the mood, but licence friendly at the same time. I had a really big grin on my face when I got home  :D  :D  :D

• Like 3

where did you get your plates from??? just thinking accessories and mods, and i havent even passed my driving test yet....(aged 39).. :D

I bought them from ebay. I can't remember exactly which one but there are several selling pressed plates so have a look at a few and get the best deal on offer. Make sure they are offering legitimate plates that will pass the MOT; I think they have to have the manufacturers name on the front.

• Like 1

Had to collect our daughter from her sleepover this morning, so another trip to Leeds. I was somewhat surprised to see the mpg at less than 50 - how on earth did that happen?  :angel:  :angel:  :angel:

I bought them from ebay. I can't remember exactly which one but there are several selling pressed plates so have a look at a few and get the best deal on offer. Make sure they are offering legitimate plates that will pass the MOT; I think they have to have the manufacturers name on the front.

thanks alot 

• 2 weeks later...

Today I joined the 500 mile club. Just!

I refuelled with 500.5 miles on the trip computer and managed to get a nice round 37 litres in the tank that equates to an average of 61.49mpg. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Our Citigo has been offered up in Part Ex for a Fabia Estate; will have to see how the finances work out to determine whether or not we still own a Citigo in a couple of weeks.

That's it, the deal is done. The Citigo is going in Part Ex for a 2014 1.2 TSI Fabia Estate in Elegance spec. It will be a shame to see it go as it has been an absolutely brilliant car for me, and cheap as chips to run, but we need the extra space.

• 4 weeks later...

DVLA paperwork arrived today and our Citigo is back on its original number plate, so the Part Ex should happen in the next couple of days. This has been a great little car and with the additional sound deadening material and carpet in the boot it is much quieter than most. 20,000 miles under the wheels and not a single kerb mark on them! 60+mpg without too much effort and all done in relative comfort with a very large dose of fun. I will certainly miss it.

• Like 1