WARNING about Fabia Socut SM14VTT

I just wanted to flag up a warning if anyone on here goes to buy a Black 14 plate Fabia II Scout 1.6 Tdi 105 reg

I was due to collect this vehicle at the end of August, but declined to take delivery after it turned out that Arnold Clark Seafield had put £30 of unleaded in it and driven it 4 miles, then tried to tell me they hadn't!

Look out!

I have a new Fabia Scout from Parks of Hamilton. All good so far!

• Like 1

Well out of order trying to shaft you like that. I wouldn't have been happy if that was my new car either! Worse than the mistake it's the dishonesty that really winds you up in a situation like that. How did you find out if they tried to pull the wool over your eyes?

At first I was wondering what the issue was until I re read the bit about it being a diesel car again, a mistake that wouldn't have been as bad had they not tried to cover up.

I read it 3 times and couldnt see the problem.

Its getting late haha.

Yeah i wouldnt be happy with that either! How did you find out theyd done that?

• Like 1

I just wanted to flag up a warning if anyone on here goes to buy a Black 14 plate Fabia II Scout 1.6 Tdi 105 reg

I was due to collect this vehicle at the end of August, but declined to take delivery after it turned out that Arnold Clark Seafield had put £30 of unleaded in it and driven it 4 miles, then tried to tell me they hadn't!

Look out!

I have a new Fabia Scout from Parks of Hamilton. All good so far!

Report them to Skoda UK, Could it affect Engine Warranty in years to come?

The End

Yes it will affect the warranty as the dye paint in the tank will have dissolved and will tell anyone it has been misfuelled! That is unless the tank has been changed for a new one. Engine is unlikely to have suffered after just 4 miles on a mix of petrol and diesel.

As a new car it would have had virtually no fuel in it on delivery, so the feed would have been mainly petrol. Older cars wouldn't bother as they run on anything! Newer ones too sensitive.

The salesman told me about the refuel as I was due to pick it up the same evening, but he said

a) the valeter did it

b. ) he realised his mistake and the car was not started and transported back on a recovery truck.

I visited the petrol station and asked to see the cctv footage of that day.

Clear as a bell the car came in, was mis fuelled, and then driven away, by THE SALESMAN,!!

Back in the show room he still denied a problem and stuck to his original story.

Only when I questioned him in front of his boss and an independent witness ( who was there to buy a car) did the salesman admit totally lying. I got a full refund of deposit and walked away.

Skoda uk were told, they investigated and the sales boss confirmed my tale.

Just wanted to warn others as if WE had done that any warranty would be kissed goodbye!

Petrol wil dissolve fuel pump lubrication and not to mention valve guides and injectors.

Arnold Clark................hmmmmmmm.

I made the salesman admit every individual point of untruth. Very satisfying to see him squirm.

That's incredible! What a bunch of dishonest muppets. I'm amazed that the petrol station were so helpful and let you see their CCTV though! What a piece of good fortune. You must have had a feeling they were lying to go as far as speaking with the petrol station to verify the story. The sales guy should get the sack for bringing the dealership and skoda into disrepute. Anyone can misfuel a car but the lying is totally unacceptable in my view.

The salesman told me about the refuel as I was due to pick it up the same evening, but he said

a) the valeter did it

b. ) he realised his mistake and the car was not started and transported back on a recovery truck.

I visited the petrol station and asked to see the cctv footage of that day.

Clear as a bell the car came in, was mis fuelled, and then driven away, by THE SALESMAN,!!

Back in the show room he still denied a problem and stuck to his original story.

Only when I questioned him in front of his boss and an independent witness ( who was there to buy a car) did the salesman admit totally lying. I got a full refund of deposit and walked away.

Skoda uk were told, they investigated and the sales boss confirmed my tale.

Just wanted to warn others as if WE had done that any warranty would be kissed goodbye!

Petrol wil dissolve fuel pump lubrication and not to mention valve guides and injectors.

Arnold Clark................hmmmmmmm.

I made the salesman admit every individual point of untruth. Very satisfying to see him squirm.

Im impressed by your actions tbh.

That would of got past a lot of people and many wouldnt of been aware of the consequences.

Glad you got your deposit back and came out of it okay.

Cheers for the heads up!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnold_Clark

I liked the spoof 'Arnold Clark Motor Group' sites on the web that there used to be when you did a Google.

Showing some unbelievable Customer Services

or Non Customer Services Experiences.

there might still be some online.

One of many

http://arnoldclark.150m.com/html/mail07.htm

That link still works, but the original at the top of that web page does not.

The man is a Dude, he employs Dudes and he trains young people to be Dudes.

They should provide more free stuff with the cars they sell and ones they take deposits for and then fail to order on occasions.

Guide dogs for the Stupid might be a good accessory. 

http://heraldscotland.com/business/company-news/arnold-clark-turnover-rises-to-record-29bn.25434888

Edited by goneoffSKi