Walking Dead tv series (no spoilers please)

Adam_

I don't like all the rumours on the face book page of the new guy replacing original members who are meant to be getting killed off. I have a list of three characters that if they cop it, I'll have to consider continuing watching it. Glad to see Rick got his end away though,

I'm getting to the stage that if there is no movement to progress towards a conclusion soon I'll only be watching only if and when I can be bothered......it'll get too much like Lost and drag on then have a very hurried ending.

K:)

Aye but you cant have a TV show that just goes on and on without any forward momentum to bring it to a conclusion, unless its a soap. I just feel its getting a bit meandering now.

It depends how popular it is and how much they want to milk the story.

Supernatural should have finished after season 5 but they decided to keep going even though it was terrible and somehow it's on Season 11 with no end in sight still

• Administrators

Yup a bit hooked as it's quite good. Approaching mid point of season 4. Had a few really weird dreams too, not gory, just odd... really odd. Then SWMBO tells me a recent research paper in that we can't tell [when we dream] what's real or not, to the brain, it is real. One of these break through studies apparently.  I could of told them that though when I was five and being shot down by a ME109 flown by my dad each morning... never could shake him off.

Subliminal messages implanted? 

I do wonder where it will go as ... people come and go ... walkers come and go ... and randomly as I'm typing this... Joe Cocker "up where we belong" just came onto my playlist. 

Also enjoying Vikings, Pirates, Lucifer although that's tailed off after ep3, all in little bites so as to not errode as all good things must come to an end. I was a bit annoyed at waitign for SWMBO to catch up on deadwood, then the last 2 ep's to go.. it was yanked. grrr ackwell

One things for sure, the time of tv shows is back :)  haha and now another day in paradise just started... time to make some chow.

• Like 1

I hope they don't lose sight of the show's title. For me there is a bit too much attention on rival factions and it tends to turn into a Survivor show set in in a post apocalyptic dystopian future  etc etc

"we need more Zombies!"

I'm watching Lucifer on my Kodi plugins. It's pretty episodic but really good!

How many episodes are left in this season of Walking Dead?

16 - last episode in series airing on the 3rd of April.

Usually watch it not very attentively while messing on the interwebs.. Last couple of episodes have been rather good though, have given them my full attention.

I'm at the mercy of the family for other shows, we watch loads..

Lucifer - a bit too much cheese at times but good fun, hoping it gets a bit more serious, darker.

Other notables.. Blindspot, Shameless US (prefer this to the UK one now), Black Sails, Vikings, Better Call Saul, Gotham, ALL the other Marvel/DC shows.. and maybe a dozen others..

• 2 weeks later...

OOPS, sorry- thought it was a post commenting on shopping in Asda, and observing Asda staff.

Its all been happening so quickly! Somthing happens and im like.. "hmm.. wonder how long they will milk this for" then BAM! knife in the face.

So yeah, i agree, last few episodes have been great! hope it keeps up this pace, definitley the best series so far, not just what two people got up to per episode type of thing, all action!

Enjoyed the latest episode which i watched last night

Amazing how things come back around to haunt them and how BAM things go from fine to very much not fine in an instant.

And if anyone has ever wondered "how come the zombie 'virus' never effects other living things just humans?" the answer may be in this (truly woeful looking) movie

https://youtu.be/AZYh1Ts_mTE

Edited by PastyBoy

The hard part of this show is investing in any of the characters. Well apart form Rick who they aren't going to kill off any time soon. As soon as you become attached to a character and take an interest in their story, they get bumped off. It gets wearying after a while. Game of Thrones suffers from this too imho

mdon, on 22 Mar 2016 - 15:14, said:mdon, on 22 Mar 2016 - 15:14, said:

...never seen that coming!

Neither did she

Bow_and_Arrow.gif

Lady Elanore, on 23 Mar 2016 - 00:34, said:Lady Elanore, on 23 Mar 2016 - 00:34, said:

The hard part of this show is investing in any of the characters. Well apart form Rick who they aren't going to kill off any time soon. As soon as you become attached to a character and take an interest in their story, they get bumped off. It gets wearying after a while. Game of Thrones suffers from this too imho

At least on TWD all the people you have to learn are all in one group and in one place.

GoT was even worse.

20 "main" characters all in differnet places interacting with different people for different reasons to acheive differnet things, most of whom get 2 minutes per episode as it jumps about all over the place.

I get that it works in chapters of a book but it makes for hard wathcing TV

That said i can't wait for it to come back in a few weeks time.

Here's hoping someone leaks a load of episodes again! :)

Edited by PastyBoy
  • Like 1