Good neighbours

bigman1976

Everybody needs them, right? Well you're welcome to mine. Lovely people, 2 great young kids. Keep their house tidy, no noise, ideal!

However, failed to let us know they were creosoting their fence meaning that when I went out yesterday to give my car a quick wash and top-up of wax, I ended up spending 5 hours getting rid of thousands of tiny fence paint spots that had covered my car. 

Surely, a quick knock on the door as warning isn't too much to ask!

• Like 3

Hmmmm

They did your side of fence too?

Chance would be a fine thing!

Using creosote is Illegal, has been for a few years

OK, then they were painting their fences. Apologies for the lack of legal knowledge.

• Like 1

They seem to have found a better replacement for it now. After the ban the initial replacements were rubbish (although a bit of old engine oil helped) l, however, the new mixes seem much more like the original.

How rude, repay the favour, and get a load of damp leaves, heap them up in the back garden, and when the wind is right set the heap on fire and smoke the buggers out!

If they object "wot the ell u doin?!!!"

U reply "Happy BONFIRE night, neighbour!" :-)

• Like 2

Using creosote is Illegal, has been for a few years

I bought some creosote a few months ago and did my Nana's fence. Definitely creosote but seemed very weak to what i used to use. I thought it just had to be approved for the use in the EU under new regulations?

I must be a decent neighbour, when I last detailed my car i blasted snow foam all over my neighbours car (due to wind) and it was covered in water spots.

So I offered to clean it for them and they declined and looked at me like I had asked to use the car in a bank heist!

My neighbours just give me the car keys and I hand them back when I'm finished. So last wednesday I had a red mk1 Fabia VRs, silver mk2 Superb estate and a white (black top) mk2 Fabia Monte Carlo all in a row. All looking pristine now. Yes, I was happier than a pig in 5h1t.

• Like 1

My neighbours just give me the car keys and I hand them back when I'm finished. So last wednesday I had a red mk1 Fabia VRs, silver mk2 Superb estate and a white (black top) mk2 Fabia Monte Carlo all in a row. All looking pristine now. Yes, I was happier than a pig in 5h1t.

Impressive - damn fine effort there mate!

Very neighbourly of you....  :giggle:  ;)  :thumbup:

• Like 1