Monthly Lincolnshire Skoda Meet. RAF Waddington Viewing Enclosure.

RapidRapid

I am organising a monthly Skoda meet for owners in and around Lincolnshire. The meet will take place on the 1st Saturday of each month, at 1pm.

The venue will be the RAF Waddington Viewing Enclosure (WAVE), situated on the A15 between Lincoln and Sleaford. It is fairly easy to find, being opposite RAF Waddington, and directly opposite Avro Vulcan XM607, the Vulcan that was successful in dropping bombs on the runway at Port Stanley during the Falklands Conflict. There is ample parking on site, as well as a snack bar and toilet.

The snack bar is run by a friend of mine, who's business is currently struggling due to RAF Waddington being closed for runway resurfacing, and no 2015 airshow.

I am hoping for a good turn out of Skoda's to make it a worthwhile monthly meet, and am inviting members of both Briskoda and the Skoda Owners Club. Basically, if you own a Skoda or several, you are more than welcome to come along.

post-4913-0-98483600-1415451106_thumb.jpg  post-4913-0-35907900-1415451084_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else in for this? it's only just down the road from me

There is a superb amount of parking space, so photo opportunities would be plentiful

There is also a nice 2-3 mile road circuit (not track) if anyone wants any car demos etc

Does anything take off/land on a saturday?  I'm intrested in planes.

Are we talking this Saturday 6th?

Yes this Saturday,

going off the 1st post, only thing going up the Runway is Road Rollers, Dump trucks and Tarmac spreaders.

Does anything take off/land on a saturday? I'm intrested in planes.

Are we talking this Saturday 6th?

It doesn't, Andy, unless an odd private light aircraft comes through, or the Ambucopter goes up - it would be more of a stand around, burger, having a chat type meet - Lincoln is only a couple of miles down the road, but it will be heaving this weekend because of the Christmas market

It doesn't, Andy, unless an odd private light aircraft comes through, or the Ambucopter goes up - it would be more of a stand around, burger, having a chat type meet - Lincoln is only a couple of miles down the road, but it will be heaving this weekend because of the Christmas market

I'm up for a burger/chips and a ride out, I'll see what I can do.  Beats Ironing or dusting the TV   :yes:

This or the midlands Xmas meet, mmmmmmmmmmm, decisions, decisions    :wait:  

Does this meet include a free set of Gold wheels

I'm up for a burger/chips and a ride out, I'll see what I can do. Beats Ironing or dusting the TV :yes:

This or the midlands Xmas meet, mmmmmmmmmmm, decisions, decisions :wait:

Does this meet include a free set of Gold wheels

I'm only a couple of miles down the road, but I can't afford to give them away :(

Whats traffic like in Lincoln on a Saturday, is it worth avoiding, 

Oh yes avoid town.

Waddington is on the A15 south of town, If your coming down from Scunthorpe way go west around the A46 to North Hykeham then 3 - 4 miles of back roads around the city outskirts to get to Waddo.

If coming from West A46 / A57 same deal  - get off the 46 at North Hykeham and head South East- ish

I'm pleased to see some interest in this meet, will hopefully be a good turn out. 

As has already been said, unfortunately the runway at RAF Waddington is currently being replaced, so not much activity there at present. Plans are mainly for a bit of a regular social get together, and to help a friend of mine, John Robinson, who runs the snack bar, get a bit of extra business through, what is currently a difficult time for him with very little aircraft activity at present.