Pollen Filter - Europarts

blowpipe

Tried fitting a new pollen filter today using a Mann filter (CU2545) which is apparently the like-for-like replacement.

Could only just managed to fit it into the holder, a real pain. It ended up slightly buckled and really didn't look right. My take is that it's slightly too big. Any views?

Tried fitting a new pollen filter today using a Mann filter (CU2545) which is apparently the like-for-like replacement.

Could only just managed to fit it into the holder, a real pain. It ended up slightly buckled and really didn't look right. My take is that it's slightly too big. Any views?

Remove it and turn it around, might help

If you can't afford a genuine pollen filter once every year or two, how can you afford petrol/diesel? :sweat:

Just one of those things that I thought I might get away with, I always use genuine parts for more critical things like engine oil and so on

• Like 1

You guys have got me wondering now.  Buy genuine in bulk from local TPS at a decent discount? I think a pollen filter would fit inside the cheapest 2nd-class large letter rate at 73p.

This time next year I'm gonna be...

...surrounded by unwanted pollen filters. :D

A lot of the Celica guys, even the ones running £4k+ worth of supercharger make their own cabin filter using £2 worth of universal oven extractor filter rather than the £35 toyota one. Works just as well.

I'm assuming that even if mine was rather squished into the frame and a bit buckled it'll work ok.

As a final note to the struggle I couldn't make the retaining cover fit properly again, secured by just one of the metal sliders. Not that bothered, though; I was getting fed up working upside down in a very confined space...

I thought I was being savvy by saving a few bob and getting the ECP filter, but it is indeed too big!

I ended up buying the filter from my local VW dealer - for an absolute rip off £17!

Now I know why people get the cheap ones to fit...

I thought I was being savvy by saving a few bob and getting the ECP filter, but it is indeed too big!

I ended up buying the filter from my local VW dealer - for an absolute rip off £17!

Now I know why people get the cheap ones to fit...

Exactly, that's half a tank for me so 300 mile

Maybe check the Mann website in case the ECP one is not correct, let's face it, Skoda does not manufacture things like pollen filters so buying a Mann one, if they are a VAG supplier is okay/cheaper and can be the same item.  I do that with plugs and brake pads etc. Air filters VAG sell do tend to be Mann, but I don't remember what brand the pollen filters have been in my cars. I tend to buy pollen filters from on-line filter manufacturers that are UK based, and only ever buy the carbon coated ones. Saving money this way tends to become a small challenge for some people, ie if you can get it right, why pay extra for VAG packaging.

I've just checked the Mann website and that number is good for the basic filter, I think that CUK 2545 might be better - carbon coated.

Edited by rum4mo