Fogged Up Windows That Time Of Year - Any Ideas

Hi All!!

Its that time of year when in the early mornings 5am - 6am I get into my car and have to wait for the blowers to remove all the moister of the inside of the car.

Does anyone know a good tip or trick to minimize the damp inside a car so there is less fog on the inside of the windows for the morning?

Thanks

This is an issue that's been discussed at length on the forum. Switching your arcon to eco mode helps if you have that option. Some switch tne aircon off as they get close to home. Pingi dehumidifier bags help or if you have a garage a small electric dehumidifier that Duronic sell on Amazon will keep moisture levels down in your car.

try searching the mk2 section for other tips HTH.

I dont have a garage so it will have to be something self contained in the car.

Pingi Dehumidifier Just found these is that what you have used where did you put them in your car?

I also heard cheap cat litter in a try would also help!! Thats a new one on me

Suffered wet windscreen for 4 years.

Air con off in winter....problem sorted.

Still use on journeys to demist but don't leave on especially on journey end and start up. The system doesn't dispose of used dirty air/water well enough and pumps it out through the vents on start up when the air con is on.

All.my other cars I've always left air con on in winter but not this one.

Edited by vrs777

I think it's a vag problem.

I had the same in my Cordoba PD130 with climate control.

A friend of mine has also been complaining about his new Seat Leon 2.0 CR150.

Phil

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pingi-Dehumidifier-Bags-450-LV-450/dp/B0045I4B62/ref=sr_1_4?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1416173908&sr=1-4&keywords=Pingi+dehumidifier

I have the bigger ones. I put 1 under each front seat but don't know if there are better places to put them. The pingi ones have an indicator to tell you how full they are which is useful. I think asda do pots of the dehumidifyi g crystals for about £1 if you livenear a store. If you're using cat litter make sure the cat hasn't beaten ypu to it LOL.

• Like 2

Sorry to hijack the thread...

But I've had my vrs over 4 years now and still don't know how to switch my air-con off ! I just leave it on auto...

Had to have my air-con repaired earlier this year as the rad ? at the front of the car was leaking so my air-con hasn't been working properly for the last couple of winters...but now it is working, my windows have been misted up a couple of times...

So

If somebody could tell me how to switch my air-conditioning off, this would be greatly appreciated !

I always set the temp to lo and direct it to the footwell for a 5-minute blast as I approach my destination.

Drives the wife to distraction, but seems to prevent the windscreen misting up :rofl:

I keep airco on all winter, set to auto and at least 22 deg C on starting the car up from cold. But once a month or so I thoroughly dry out the car, an hour with 750W mains powered fan heater in the cabin is more than enough. The Roomster mostly makes short runs (schools, shopping etc), so it is prone to getting damp, but so long as it is fully dried up every now and then, it seems to be fine.

• Like 1

Well I can say I have never had this problem in any of my work Skodas but I drive around 50k a year.

But the main thing is I never turn the aircon off. It is on every day I use the car in all weathers.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

I had one of those things last year jmattley, I had it in a Wee diesel corsa (was doing mega miles) and it was fantastic, bought one for the octy this year and it's been garbage.

Don't know if they have changed it but I'm really disappointed in it.