2015 F1 General Discussion Thread

She so doesn't deserve a race drive.

She's not a racer.  Never won a race since karts.

Not even in the top 5 of active lady racers.

Katherine Legge has won in Formula Atlantic.

Pippa Mann has won in Indy lights.

Danica Patrick has won in Indycar.

Why not give one of them (winners) a go at F1.

Meh, i dunno, i just thought it would be nice to update the history books and she's one of maybe two women in the world with relevant F1 seat time.

Remember the last time Ferrari let their tester race (2009).

Total embarassment - qualifying last 2 races on the trot - and the other car won the 2nd of those races.

Test drivers are not often up to racing it.  I seem to remember she didn't get offered the drive when Bottas was injured?

Edited by camelspyyder

• 3 weeks later...

Others will no doubt disagree, but I feel the BBC coverage of F1 was very stale. I look forward to the change. I just hope the racing improves too.

Coverage is stale because the racing is stale IMO.

There is only so much the broadcaster can do to a processional convoy.

Others will no doubt disagree, but I feel the BBC coverage of F1 was very stale. I look forward to the change. I just hope the racing improves too.

AIUI the BBC don't have control over the camera feeds or team radio, only over their presenters' words and pre and post race content.

• Like 1

I did suspect this might happen, that's F1 and Golf been axed this year . I guess this has been in the works for a while and beeb have waited for end of season when interest is a bit less. It has denied the commentators any chance to bid a fond farewell, they probably had a text this morning ? 

I did suspect this might happen, that's F1 and Golf been axed this year . I guess this has been in the works for a while and beeb have waited for end of season when interest is a bit less. It has denied the commentators any chance to bid a fond farewell, they probably had a text this morning ? 

Half the Six Nations been sold as well.

AIUI the BBC don't have control over the camera feeds or team radio, only over their presenters' words and pre and post race content.

Ken,

I understand that. It is the presenters I find stale.........but hey, that's just my view. I agree with another view that it is difficult to make it sound good when the racing is so poor. Nevertheless, Perry, Edwards etc don't cut it for me.

Ken,

I understand that. It is the presenters I find stale.........but hey, that's just my view. I agree with another view that it is difficult to make it sound good when the racing is so poor. Nevertheless, Perry, Edwards etc don't cut it for me.

And my single biggest issue with the BBC coverage is Eddie "budgie smuggler" Jordan.

Having said which, I don't agree that "one team is way ahead" = "the racing is poor" when there are 3 and 4 way battles being screened further back.