Traffic in Australia

Guest Leebus

• 5 months later...

Yes, it can be enabled. There is a company on facebook that is located in Brisbane who can enable it. People in Brisbane have also posted photos of it working.

• 2 weeks later...

On a slightly different topic... yet it concerns "fitness for purpose" or the concept of "getting value from what one purchased".  I posted today...

I have a new Octy III Elegance with Amundsen SatNav (SD version 5E… 0045 ECE 2015).  I bought my LHD car in France as I live there – but have set the SatNav with an English female ‘voice’. 

The streets and built-in POIs seemed accurate over last week’s tour round the Auvergne – but the digitisation of the name phonetics is awful and perhaps dangerous. 

For instance if she told to get onto “… the road to Ari…” then I would be looking for the road sign on the roundabout as well as counting for the third exit…  It is hard work locating Paris to turn off safely…

Imagine how badly Le Puy-en-Velay was pronounced –  there are numerous errors.

Have any of you heard similar errors in any male/female digitisation in English, French, etc? 

What can one do about it?

>>> Is your Columbus speech intelligible - for place and street names?