De-badge or not to de-badge that is the question?

vRS TDI DSG estate in race blue with black pack, full size spare and tinted windows arriving this Wednesday! My first Skoda following serveral Audi's think the brand and product has moved on tremendously and like the unpretentious brute look of the car. Decided against de-badging as although it may keep some guessing what it is, dare I say will be proud to drive a 'Skoda' vRS!

Edited by bigchrisg
  • Like 1

I got my Elegance de-badged at the same time as fitting a boot lip spoiler. A few people have commented, with non-fanatic guesses ranging from BMW to Vauxhall, but for me it was more about de-cluttering the hatch to make it easier to clean!

Leave the badges on, otherwise it could look like a base model with mister after market wheels,body trim etc.

Why spend lots of money to then blend in with the base models.

I had the dealer de-badge it from the get-go. Reason: Let people guess what it is rather than seeing it's an Octavia (it's not as if the logo is unknown here, you see Skoda's everywhere you go). 

I don't know how this works in other countries but basic vehicle info (such as date of registration last owner, type, registered power output etcetera) is freely available here. 

Lots of people have apps on their phones where they can just punch a license plate and see what they're looking at - this can be very funny with posers (we call them the Dutch equivalent of 'caps' here, short for 'baseball caps' which stands for the apparel of choice for most poser teens which 'tricked out' cars) who have the opposite of sleeper cars: fat spoilers, rims and decals on a bog standard 1.x petrol engine fitted with a very loud muffler. 

I had the dealer de-badge it from the get-go. Reason: Let people guess what it is rather than seeing it's an Octavia (it's not as if the logo is unknown here, you see Skoda's everywhere you go). 

I don't know how this works in other countries but basic vehicle info (such as date of registration last owner, type, registered power output etcetera) is freely available here. 

Lots of people have apps on their phones where they can just punch a license plate and see what they're looking at - this can be very funny with posers (we call them the Dutch equivalent of 'caps' here, short for 'baseball caps' which stands for the apparel of choice for most poser teens which 'tricked out' cars) who have the opposite of sleeper cars: fat spoilers, rims and decals on a bog standard 1.x petrol engine fitted with a very loud muffler.

Always wondered why those guys are always in lane 1 when regularly driving to Amsterdam. :) now I know

I'd say debadge too [emoji106]

I got the dealer to do it on my Rapid Sports PDI before I picked it up. Nice and easy to clean. I debadged my Citigo Sport too as the amount of dirt that collects in the letters is terrible.

If you don't want full debadge you could always leave vRS on there [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've been looking at some de-badged ones in the gallery and they do look good. If I were to de-badge as posted on here I would keep the vRS logo and remove the make and model. It would certainly add to the sleeper car look at I suppose it's good to leave others guessing and I've not seen another mkIII vRS where I live. Still in two minds may have to contact the dealer tomorrow!

Leave the badges on, otherwise it could look like a base model with mister after market wheels,body trim etc.

Why spend lots of money to then blend in with the base models.

A debadged vRS is hardly going to blend in with base models is it?  There's no badges on the side and that doesn't make it look like an S or SE does it?

It'll look like an octy that's just had a respray, and couldn't be bothered to stick the badges back on. But that's my opinion, and I'm entitled to it. Going the other way a guy at work has put a black grill into a chrome surround,(or painted it). It doesn't look right.....

• Like 2

I wouldn't bother. I had a black Honda Accord prior to my Yeti and 90% of the people who commented on the car said that it looked great and was it a Beemer? When I mention that it's a Honda, they're really not fussed. Same applies with the Skoda, most people just wish they had one!

I removed the 'Skoda' and 'Octavia' lettering - left the vRS logo.

Best decision ever. Looks way better. 

Well, are you going to leave us to guess what it looks like or post up a pic?  :)

Well, are you going to leave us to guess what it looks like or post up a pic?   :)

It looks like the back of an Octavia vRS, but without the 'Skoda' and 'Octavia' badges.  HTH, HAND  :p .