Not renewing I'm afraid

chrisgreen

The customer service I've received from Chris Knott over the last few years has been excellent, I can't fault it. Unfortunately, this year's renewal quote was £29 higher than last year's, and £100 higher than my cheapest quote (which was an equal, if not slightly better policy).

Every penny counts, and as you were not open past noon on a Saturday, I could not speak to you to see if you could better your quote (though I doubt you would have been willing to drop by £100).

A real shame, but I really hope you'll be able to get my business back next year.

• Like 2

What use is this to the forum?

I cannot speak for the Forum, but I personally am grateful to Chris for relating his experience.  

In previous years, I have arranged car insurance directly with major providers.  

Next year, I would prefer to arrange car insurance via a Forum sponsor.

I find it useful to learn of other members' experiences with Brisky's sponsors.

• Like 3

I cannot speak for the Forum, but I personally am grateful to Chris for relating his experience.  

In previous years, I have arranged car insurance directly with major providers.  

Next year, I would prefer to arrange car insurance via a Forum sponsor.

I find it useful to learn of other members' experiences with Brisky's sponsors.

The quote is only specific to the [prospective] policy holder. Your quote might be wildly different. If the OP had a comment to make about poor customer service or their experience of a claim that would be beneficial to the forum.

Remember that the insurer are a forum sponsor so do read these posts - it's feedback to them if nothing else.

I think that explains it enough, well put.

The customer service I've received from Chris Knott over the last few years has been excellent, I can't fault it. Unfortunately, this year's renewal quote was £29 higher than last year's, and £100 higher than my cheapest quote (which was an equal, if not slightly better policy).

Every penny counts, and as you were not open past noon on a Saturday, I could not speak to you to see if you could better your quote (though I doubt you would have been willing to drop by £100).

A real shame, but I really hope you'll be able to get my business back next year.

To be fair to them, they knocked more than that off a renewal quote I've just had with them, but they're still quite some way off the mark with their price this time around. Which is a shame, as last year their renewal was cheaper than any quote I found online.

I don't normally haggle with my previous insurer, I take their renewal quote at face value and go get it from someone else instead if they think they can sting me but as I've actually had good service from them, I thought I'd give them a chance.

• Like 1

I'm not a fan of any broker or company who send you a renewal with the offer to match a lower quote

Why not just give you a decent price in the first place?

That's my view too. I never give an existing insurer the chance to come back and beat a better quote elsewhere, after their renewal offer. If they valued my business in the first place and had the ability to give a lower price, they had their chance.  Loyalty vs principle. 

That's my view too. I never give an existing insurer the chance to come back and beat a better quote elsewhere, after their renewal offer. If they valued my business in the first place and had the ability to give a lower price, they had their chance.  Loyalty vs principle. 

There is no loyalty in insurance.

It's about earning a profit and they rely on you not being bothered to phone around so they earn more.

I'm sure they rely on statistics that a certain amount don't bother asking so it's a simple business decision to hike rates and accept some go elsewhere.

Having previously put prices up by 10% and working out I was better off if 30% of customers went elsewhere I can see the logic... :giggle:

• Like 2

I've just renewed with CKI.  I received my renewal quote, did a bit of a search.  Found one or two which were cheaper. Emailed the quote to CKI.  Price matched.  Insurance paid for.  Sorted. £80 lower than the original quote too.  Well done CKI  :thumbup:

• Like 1

I've just renewed with CKI.  I received my renewal quote, did a bit of a search.  Found one or two which were cheaper. Emailed the quote to CKI.  Price matched.  Insurance paid for.  Sorted. £80 lower than the original quote too.  Well done CKI  :thumbup:

I'm not a fan of any broker or company who send you a renewal with the offer to match a lower quote

Why not just give you a decent price in the first place?

Glad you're happy with your updated quote and insurance, Radders567.

But I'm with Brimma on this one.

• Like 1

to be fair 99.999999999999% of posts on here, including this one are pointless and of no use to anyone

Corrected that for you :notme:

(and that includes 100% of my posts....)

• Like 1

I found out a while ago that my Mum was paying about £500 to insure her Astra CDTi Sri 150, and that she'd just been accepting the renewal for years.

Suffice to say I wasn't too pleased and pointed out the error in her ways of not being bothered to phone around! I did a quick search on Confused and it came in at less than £200 for the same cover!!

So yes, insurers will definitely give you high renewals! Stats don't lie...

• Like 1