Fastest car owned

However the OP later said also including hire cars etc, Which is not in the title!

OK, then a variety of Munich designed hire cars; 335d, Z4, 530d but none went faster than 155. I once got a Polo 1.0 to hit 180 km/h on a downhill section, which felt the fastest I've ever been in any form of transport.

I think we need more guidelines.

As technically speaking, i guess a financed vehicle isnt Strictly yours either, nor is anything on borrowed money. Which rules out quite a few people and the cars they like to call their 'own' i guess.

Just sayin.

• Like 3

I had a Monaro in 2006 when they came over to the UK... Had it tuned by Monkfish to 400bhp and similar torque.. Was great fun, but didn't corner!!

Before that (well a good few years) I owned a stage 3 saphirre cosworth, circa 350bhp.. Just remember it being mental fast....

Mike

The fastest car from 0-30mph was my 1.0 Fiat Panda.  It had a massive 45hp and a lowly 840kg (ish) kerb weight.  I surprised many an exec in that car up to about 25mph and took them all like a king!

• Like 1

Mods maybe the thread title could be changed. Before this gets out of hand

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Because people are unable to answer a simple question and have to go off on a tangent to enable willy waving?

:D

Fastest.

Car.

Owned.

Complicated? :rofl:

I'm still going with my Fantasy Green Fabia.

Same response as previous.

Its confusing cos he bought hire cars into it, and 'owned' isnt strictly true for people who call their cars their 'own'

But anyway. It doesnt matter does it (:

Owned, Mines gotta be my fabia then.

Fastest ones are always the hire cars though!

Not really much tbh... In my mind, my stage 1 rempped Mk1 Fabia vrS (BLT) but in reality prob my old 300ZX. Fastest speed attained in a car I have owned would have to go down to the Mk2 FL Octavia vRS CR TDi. 

For those wishing to expand on the set criteria of the question in this thread, you can easily start a new one. Would be better done in a couple of weeks or after this one has run it's course though. 

I remember Tiff Needell pitching a BMW M5 against a Suzuki Wagon R around a very tight agility course a few years back.  The Wagon R won.  It was the fastest.  Therefore it's the fastest out of the two.  Maybe.

Out of my two cars, it depends on the roads being driven as to which one is the fastest.  One has a top speed of 160mph+ and one tops out at not much over 115mph but both are faster than each other over a set distance depending on the terrain .  It's surprising how power & driver aids become less relevant when you have lightness, a decent chassis and the commitment to what you are doing. 

Rarely do I ever do the 0-60 sprint in either car and I never want to find out how fast the Vectra really goes as I only ever drive on public roads.  To be able to answer the question I'd need to know if it's the 0-60 time, the top speed, the quarter mile time, the in gear acceleration between 30 to 50mph, the quickest up the Harewood Hill climb, the time it takes to get from Pickering to Whitby on the A169, the list goes on.  I'm being awkward but fast varies for me.