Briskoda How Fast 2015 Bedford 02/05/2015

PastyBoy

You can always do a bit of coaching. :)

I can see my services are going to busy that day, and I've got a passenger ride booked in David's Octavia estate - I won't get any time to actually drive at this rate :)

• Like 2

I can see my services are going to busy that day, and I've got a passenger ride booked in David's Octavia estate - I won't get any time to actually drive at this rate :)

Not coming out in the Yeti then?

I've caught the track day bug after castle combe & really tempted for this.

Sounds like fun.

Cars in garage for a suspension change to coilovers, hoping to get it back later today or tomorrow.

Dont know if that'll be too late but I'll drop a message to update you devontopia.

• Like 1

Booked in with you guys now. Thanks Jason :)

What sort of power are you lot running, the YETI with the RS3 / TTRS engine sounds mental, fair play. I'll make sure I keep out of your way.

What sort of power are you lot running, the YETI with the RS3 / TTRS engine sounds mental, fair play. I'll make sure I keep out of your way.

Mine's a 200bhp Octavia vRS CR diesel estate, Richard's is the 510bhp Yeti

• Like 1

to confirm

1. BossFox - Yeti
2. Niceyellow vrs - Brisk Rover
3. devonutopia - Mongrel - (Now Jonsen, Focus ST)
4. andy68 - Yellow Octavia
5. trevorb33 - toyota thing
6. James I - Golf
7. Sharkrider - Fabia vRS estate
8. GWFC - Air-Ride Fabia estate
9. BJB540 - Fabia vRS
10. Taylor93 - Alfa GTV 3.0 V6
11. DaveandLolli - Octavia vRS estate
12. Octavia5 - VW Golf
13. Brimma - JPS Octavia Mk2 diesel vRS
14. Jabozuma - MK2 vRS hatch
15. Muddyboots - Yeti

What sort of power are you lot running, the YETI with the RS3 / TTRS engine sounds mental, fair play. I'll make sure I keep out of your way.

About 500bhp.

The good thing about the Briskoda group is that we are respectful and sensible.

So I won't be charging right up your trumpet at high speed into corners or anything. :)

I'll also be a bit slow out of the hairpin at the bottom of the pit straight as I am trying not to use second gear and mash my syncro even more.

Look forward to seeing you, I also have a mk7 Fiesta ST-3. :)

About 500bhp.

The good thing about the Briskoda group is that we are respectful and sensible.

So I won't be charging right up your trumpet at high speed into corners or anything. :)

I'll also be a bit slow out of the hairpin at the bottom of the pit straight as I am trying not to use second gear and mash my syncro even more.

Look forward to seeing you, I also have a mk7 Fiesta ST-3. :)

Glad to be in an arranged group to be honest, seen some of the driving at Coombe on Facebook and it looks positively scary. Surprised nothing happened to be honest (or maybe it did, I wasn't there). Usually the case with these public "taster" tracktime sessions, lots of inexperience and people with something to prove. Its a trackday, not a race :)

• Like 1

Glad to be in an arranged group to be honest, seen some of the driving at Coombe on Facebook and it looks positively scary. Surprised nothing happened to be honest (or maybe it did, I wasn't there). Usually the case with these public "taster" tracktime sessions, lots of inexperience and people with something to prove. Its a trackday, not a race :)

Spot on, and Bedford are a bit stricter with it I believe :)

Plenty of chance to go balls out on the 2 timed laps, I've been known to go 5 secs faster on the timed lap than my fastest lap in practice

• Like 2

I was in the crazy sessions!

Video here:  http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/226003-the-twins-and-yeti-rs/?p=4223067

Unless Shark manage to get the STS working in the next couple of days, it's looking like my Yeti will be a standard CR170...

If they do sort it, around 205-210bhp.

I still haven't decided whether to go to the hassle of removing the rear seats or just laying the seat backs down to get the same performance improvements

• Like 3

Brisk Rover runs 160bhp, straight cut gears and slippy diff :D

• Like 2

I live local to Bedford Autodrome and the latest local weather forecast suggests that Saturdays rain should arrive later than previously expected, now expected in the afternoon after we have done - fingers crossed

• Like 1

I live local to Bedford Autodrome and the latest local weather forecast suggests that Saturdays rain should arrive later than previously expected, now expected in the afternoon after we have done - fingers crossed

That would be nice :)

Gutted i cant make this! Get my new motor sat morning and im at work :( i hope you all have a blast, ill see you all at national meet (but i wont be tracking there).

Andy

Edited by ilmor

As some of you know. The Alfa's brake caliper is FUBAR so its a no show on that part.

but im still coming in alternative transport :)

James you booked that pub yet ;)

• Like 1

Do people from the South East want to go up in convoy?

If so I'd suggest...

Get to Thurrock Services on the M25 and leave at 8am.

Pass M25 J28 (A12, Brentwood) at 8:10am.

Pass M25 J25 (A10, North London) at 8:30am.

Turn off at M25 J23 and head up the A1M (To avoid Bedford) at 8:40am.

If we get seperated we can meet up at South Mimms services at J23 before heading off up the A1M.

It's 51 miles from South Mimms to Bedford Autodrome and we'll have over an hour to get there.

Anyone?

• Like 1