VW Festival 14/08/2015 - 16/08/2015 @ Harewood House Leeds

CitigoSport2013

Hello Fellow Skoda Owners,

I know that the title of this topic is entitled VW Festival but fear not this is a VAG event so we are perfectly entitled to attend :).

I also know that the date is a long way off but trust me on this one there is a reason for me putting this up so early in the year when the event itself is not until august and my justification for this is that you can apply for a club stand so long as your vehicle is VAG therefore we are eligible and how cool would that be? to be on a club stand at a big VAG show in Leeds?

The description on the homepage of the website starts thus:

A full weekend of live entertainment, live music, VW’s galore and a great venue with a laid back atmosphere. Something for everyone.

There's onsite camping and all sorts of entertainment and i will put a link in here but on the homepage theres a brilliant video of some snippets of last years show and it just looks honestly amazing and i cannot believe i have not discovered it before.

http://www.vwfestival.co.uk/

I've always wanted to go to a show and be part of a club on a club stand and this is the perfect opportunity to stick a briskoda stand in there and show off our beautiful skodas right under the noses of our vw bretherin in there VAG show and show them what we've got.

Also for you aspiring entrepreneur's out there there are also applications for trade stands available on that website and from the looks of it on the video you would have a fairly sizable crowd to show off your wears to and make some mooooneeeeyy :)

All in all no i have not been to this show before in my entire life and i can't for the life of me think of why i haven't bothered before because i cannot stress how utterly fantastic the whole thing looks and how well it has been put together.

The Stand Schedule for the 2015 show would be as follows:

SATURDAY
Stand Entry : 8-11am
Vehicle Lockdown : 11am-4pm
Stand Closes : 5pm

SUNDAY
Stand Entry : 8-11am
Vehicle Lockdown : 11am-4pm (Please note, there will be a window between 2pm and 2.30pm for early leavers)
Stand Closes : 5pm

I genuinely feel that this is something we should do as a group and something that we should take a large amount of briskodians to as it seems really quite a perfect show with something for everyone to be involved in.

It is First come First served on the club stands which is why i am throwing this out there now because it is still january which means that there is a fair chance there will still be a chance of us getting a spot.

In the options it gives you a choice of how many cars you are bringing:

5 car stand

10 car stand

15 car stand

I haven't applied yet because i want to see if anyone at all is interested in doing this and if they are how many people want to go on the stand with me before i submit an application for either far too many or far too little a stand option.

Another option is the amount of days that the club would be there

Just Sunday

Saturday & Sunday

This i am open to negotiation over but i think if we are going to do it we should go the whole hog and do the entire weekend which is another reason i have brought it up so early because this now gives anyone who is interested time to book that particular weekend off work.

When you have a club stand you all have to buy advance tickets for the event so that they know you are actually coming in a way lol 

Benefits of advance tickets as listed on the website:

Free child (under 16) tickets

Entry to VW Festival
Entry to Harewood grounds, bird gardens and facilities
Window sticker
Quicker show entry
Camping is ONLY available with advance tickets

The Ticket Prices are as follows which seem fairly reasonable to me for the amount of stuff they've laid on for it:

Adult Full Weekend : £37.50

Adult Half Weekend : £27
Adult Day Pass : £15
Child Tickets : FREE

Please let me know ASAP what you guys think and what we should do for it.

I have now also created a Public Facebook Event to make it easier to see who is going https://www.facebook.com/events/1612930985602874/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

Craig

Edited by CitigoSport2013
  • Like 2

This is a rough 5 hour journey for me, I'm interested but will need to think, I'd need to take 3 days off work for this (Sat, Sun & Mon, stuff getting up at 7, then spending all day out and doing a 5 hour drive and working the next day) I was also scanning through the galleries and came across a group photo of maybe 6 or 7 Skoda's so its possible that Briskodians have done this before (I also noticed a photo of a car I've seen on here for sure)

I will be able to attend this :clap: my plan of action is go up on Friday, stay overnight in a Premier Inn of sorts then go to the event Sat camp overnight Sat night and leave Sunday after the show and sleep overnight at another Premier Inn before trekking the 5 hour trip back on Monday

• Like 1

Ive been to this for past 3 years and its a really good show, takes a good couple of hours to get round all the cars and trade stands.

Ticket also includes access to harewood house gardens and bird sanctuary which can be a bit of a distraction.

Tried to do a stand last year but never seems to get much interest.

• Like 1

well if your up for it we've got me and hypons so far and possibly southy if he isnt at the TT by that date :) i really want to get a stand sorted, would be cool :) glad it is as good as it sounds by the looks of things

Who are you calling hypons? :finger: