a pic of your car (please add)

Surely there is surface rust on the disc because it has been left standing for a while? My discs start to rust immediately if I wash the car with the hose or pressure washer.

Not about rusty disc.. Surface should be smooth... not with bumps....

tt user

I think I would prefer it if my puny 15s were dark. To my eye, when the wheels are dark, they blend in with the tyres and wheel arch gaps and don't look quite so puny. Silver wheels seem to stand out more. I guess it depends on the colour of the car too.

• Like 2

It cant be that bad can it? Its a nice looking car very kind of top end Audi looking from certain angles I reckon with the piano black pillars the colour and those wheels. Certainly stands out from the rest of the European hatch/small saloons.

Looks are deceiving aren't they. You can't polish a turd :)

This is what you get when VWFS,Skoda UK and the dealer all b!tch with each other and nobody wins.

Few problems but just bearing with it until throw away time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess you wont be buying another Skoda! I'm not sure I would go for another one I really like my rapid but i've started doing a lot more motorway miles than i've done previously and apart from the new Skoda Superb I dont think they really have anything in their range that really is a nice comfortable motorway cruiser that is well sound proofed comfy and well built! I've test driven a new Octavia and on the motorway It felt very little different to my rapid. I guess if I could afford a new superb that would probably be the best fit maybe but I think it's time I go a little up market now im spending more time in a car each day!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

there are some superb examples posted here, thanks everyone! as the person who started the thread i should perhaps have updated my own pic ages ago.... here's my part debadged R with assassin 18" alloys (perfect fit czech imported skoda silverline badges fitted to centre spots) all booted with low profile nexen n8000's. pics of kick plates to follow some time. one of my favourite additions has been the luminous key ignition surround sourced on ali baba.

the R has just had its 20,000 mile major service and sailed through it. as we have recently moved house from cambs to northants, progress skoda northampton carried out the necessary and i booked up with them for the skoda service package. i have to say, the staff are incredibly friendly, professional and accommodating. in short i am delighted they are just a few miles down the road to look after my baby!

the rapid continues to impress although i have wiped about 6 mpg off by fitting the 18 inchers. i am still hitting 57/58 so happy overall. the amundsen nav has been put through its paces for work and always comes up trumps and the climate control this summer has been better than in my last bmw. the rapid now journeys around the m25 and up and down the m1 twice a week and always does it with comfort, safety, a pinch of style and a turn of speed when needed. what more can you ask?

post-125601-0-12853000-1440945963_thumb.jpg

Edited by inspector
  • Like 2

Didn't have a great start to our weekend. My family (3 and a half week old boy, 2 year old and wife) were on our way to a farm when a waste disposal lorry ploughed in to the back of us. We were stationary, indicating to turn right (a number of cars had used a slip route to get past) when a BANG the lorry swiped the back quarter of the car pushing us in to on coming traffic. He was travelling at 45-50mph! Looking at the pictures and aware that no-one was seriously injured I can say that the skoda rapid did very well in keeping us safe, as did the children's car seats. What hasn't been great is my experience with our own insurance company who were prepared to leave us in Oxford A&E and weren't willing to supply a courtesy vehicle despite have no claims, being fully comp and having legal protection! To think I'd just cleaned it and filled it with petrol! My hat goes off to the emergency services teams that were involved (one of the policemen remarked skoda 1:lorry 0) and those stuck on the A40 around 10:30am that's the reason why - thank you Mr lorry driver you have caused me and my family a HUGE amount of distress and I now have to deal with all the paperwork that goes with it! On the plus side it could have been a lot worse and no one was seriously injured!

bloody hell! the pics really show how the crumple zone has worked to keep you and your family safe (thank god and skoda, not necessarily in that order!). what is it with refuse lorries and crap driving? you're absolutely right, his rubbish driving has caused anguish and now a heap of paperwork for you. i hope he gets what he deserves and you get back on the road asap.

• 2 weeks later...

just waiting to get the windows tinted on our replacement for our old white car and then I'll pop some photos of the new one on here (i'll try and give it a good clean too!). I'll also upload some better photos of the white one after the crash but didn't want to put them on here whilst the police were investigating and insurance companies were involved - accidents do happen and thats why we have insurance - I can say from experience that Hastings Direct will NOT be getting further business from us, I am still waiting for their complaints department to investigate the whole issue and I'm yet to receive my personal data request over 4 weeks now. Having told them NOT to pursue the third party on my behalf and that I was calling to JUST inform them of the accident they went and chased after the third party, gave my details to a solicitors and still left us stranded at Oxford A&E! Financial Ombudsman will likely be getting a call in a few weeks!

Didn't have a great start to our weekend. My family (3 and a half week old boy, 2 year old and wife) were on our way to a farm when a waste disposal lorry ploughed in to the back of us. We were stationary, indicating to turn right (a number of cars had used a slip route to get past) when a BANG the lorry swiped the back quarter of the car pushing us in to on coming traffic. He was travelling at 45-50mph! Looking at the pictures and aware that no-one was seriously injured I can say that the skoda rapid did very well in keeping us safe, as did the children's car seats. What hasn't been great is my experience with our own insurance company who were prepared to leave us in Oxford A&E and weren't willing to supply a courtesy vehicle despite have no claims, being fully comp and having legal protection! To think I'd just cleaned it and filled it with petrol! My hat goes off to the emergency services teams that were involved (one of the policemen remarked skoda 1:lorry 0) and those stuck on the A40 around 10:30am that's the reason why - thank you Mr lorry driver you have caused me and my family a HUGE amount of distress and I now have to deal with all the paperwork that goes with it! On the plus side it could have been a lot worse and no one was seriously injured!

Oh sorry that happened! Could have been much worse though (the family suffered no injuries, that is the most important thing). I had an accident myself (http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/354513-unlucky-saturday/) and I can only confirm that the Rapid did his (or her ?) job in keeping the passengers safe. I hope all will be sorted out in your favour in the end, dealing with the insurers is no easy job.

All the best from Timisoara    

Oh sorry that happened! Could have been much worse though (the family suffered no injuries, that is the most important thing). I had an accident myself (http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/354513-unlucky-saturday/) and I can only confirm that the Rapid did his (or her ?) job in keeping the passengers safe. I hope all will be sorted out in your favour in the end, dealing with the insurers is no easy job.

All the best from Timisoara    

Your totally right, very pleased that no one was hurt. I'm impressed they fixed your car, personally I didn't want ours back... it had done its job very well at keeping us safe. The third party's insurance have been very good so far. 

Ref 1.6TDI DSG

Did you test drive both 1.4 TSI vs TDI Diesel DSG what was the difference like?

I.e. Petrol 122Bhp and 90Bhp for diesel

No I only wanted a DSG, that one was on the forecourt for sale. We liked the look & feel of it so we bought it. I was sadly down sizing from a 2L 4x4 DSG Yeti for financial reasons.

No I only wanted a DSG, that one was on the forecourt for sale. We liked the look & feel of it so we bought it. I was sadly down sizing from a 2L 4x4 DSG Yeti for financial reasons.

I do love the dsg gear box it is super smooth and the mpg was never far off in the ones I used to have.

• Like 1