powermaxed tfr vs snow foam

sean85

If I wanted to foam it, I'd put it in the foam lance. Having said that I'm going to give it the TFR a go in my Nilfisk 'foam' attachment and also try it through an old Gimour Foamaster that I've still got in the garage. I'd be suprised if I change from the Mesto tbh, sometimes all this detailing gets a bit over complicated, especially when the car gets covered in crap the next time you take it out :dull:

Fair enough, i'm using the Jet Wash & Wax though thier sprayer but it doesn't seem to work very well for me. Going to buy the foamer as that's what Powermaxed use in their videos and it seems to be more effective.

I'm not by any means saying its a bad product because I know it's had many good reviews, it just doesn't seem to be working very well for me.

So far I've only used it three times and I've put a capful in with about a litre of water.

I always use a pressure washer to pre rinse them again to rinse the product off, in between I let it dwell for about 5 mins.

The reason I say I want to use it in s former is I know that power maxed use one in their video and the way it removes the grime is far mor effective than I've experienced to date.

Still going to use the sprayer in the meantime and perhaps I'll have better results the more I experiment.

I'm not by any means saying its a bad product because I know it's had many good reviews, it just doesn't seem to be working very well for me.

So far I've only used it three times and I've put a capful in with about a litre of water.

I always use a pressure washer to pre rinse them again to rinse the product off, in between I let it dwell for about 5 mins.

The reason I say I want to use it in s former is I know that power maxed use one in their video and the way it removes the grime is far mor effective than I've experienced to date.

Still going to use the sprayer in the meantime and perhaps I'll have better results the more I experiment.

Ive used it through a normal garden sprayer and a mesto foamer.

With the foamer you can visibly see the dirt being lifted off in the foam. But from my testing both ways have pulled off near enough the same amount of dirt.

I always use mine diluted 1:10. Try 150ml measured out into your sprayer. May find it works more effectively for you. Also depends on the hardness of your water with the dilution ratios

Ok thanks I'll try what you recommend 150ml on the weekend to see if I get better results. I live in a soft water area so I can rule that out I think.

To be fair my car never gets that dirty to see how much dirt its removing but I did try it on my bosses White absolutely filthy car. It didn't seem to pull much off initially but when I used the wash pad the dirt came off very easily, so it obviously softening it at least.

I will be getting the samples in a bit. but I don't have a pump sprayer / foamer.

I have an Autobrite lance and a karcher snow foam bottle (a little yellow thing? never used it). Can I use either of these to apply TFR and the Wash/Wax and if so what dilution would you have in the bottles??

Cheers!

Kyle

I will be getting the samples in a bit. but I don't have a pump sprayer / foamer.

I have an Autobrite lance and a karcher snow foam bottle (a little yellow thing? never used it). Can I use either of these to apply TFR and the Wash/Wax and if so what dilution would you have in the bottles??

Cheers!

Kyle

I would advise getting yourself to wilko's or somewhere and getting yourself a cheap garden pressure sprayer.

• 1 month later...

SWMBO had a coming together with a pigeon on the M5 yesterday. It hit the A pilar and left a mix of pigeon parts and poo behind along approx 30-50 cm of the pilar which by the time she got home was a dried on mess. A soak with a mf cloth soaked in Powermaxed TFR at 15:1 for 6-10 minutes and it just wpied off. Seriously impressive stuff!

• Like 1

I did do my comparison test,on mine and the misses.

got pics so will try to post some time, I think I ended up preferring the tfr, although the wash and wax did well on mine(in a pressure bottle), through the karcher snowbottle it's didn't have the same power as the tfr, on our lasses white (and unprotected car) Would like to have tested through my lance aswell but ran out.

• 2 weeks later...

As I went to the BTCC on sunday I found the power maxed stall and  grabbed my self some sample wash and wax and got my self 1 litre of there TFR for £5 instead of £8 as I wanted to try it. decided to wash my granddads car first put TFR on all over the car let it sit for 5 while I got the bucket ready the washed the TFR off the washed the car and then washed with the shampoo which I did find really good and then rinsed and dried. my granddads hadn't got any wax on the car what so ever as I haven't got round to doing it

the pic is after I washed and dried then thought I shall see what the beadings like and see if theres any protection

post-121498-0-18389900-1429642790_thumb.jpg post-121498-0-96488800-1429642808_thumb.jpg  

Some slight beading evident but it will be short lived without an LSP

Wash and wax is not meant to be repacement for wax...Im sure you know that...the majority of Joe Public, however, dont!

I got a free sample from btcc so thort ad see well am going to try it again on my grandads car I did put a coat of carlack on after as I just dont have chance to give it the full treatment yet
  • Like 1

Just PM'd Wayne .. lol another case of needing name, addy, postcode, tel. no. etc on an unsecured part of the site.

I appreciate the payment will likely be secured, but as a victim of identity theft in the past I refuse to put even those details into an unsecured area.

Hopefully Wayne will sort something and I can get it ordered :)

Wayne sorted out a way for me to pay I was happy with, and said he will be working on the site to upgrade it too.

Not only that, I even got some goodies with my 5L of TFR, Top guy :thumbup:

• Like 1

Arrived home to a box from Pwermaxxed, well it would have been rude to ignore the bank holiday free 5l TFR with mesto sprayer and then few other bit to make the free p&p! Wayne included a bag of freebies so there was 100ml each of snow foam, jet wash cleaner, glass cleaner and the shampoo sample. So that's next weekend sorted.

• Like 1

Another massive dose of brilliant customer service, asked Wayne about getting a smaller dose of wash and wax to try out, out he sends a full 5ltr of the stuff! Plus a sample of the paint sealant (which I really wanted to try but hadn't mentioned at all).

So I now have a sprayer and 5ltr of both tfr and wash/wax will hopefully doing a review of them both this weekend, plus the sealant!

• Like 1

Have I missed out on 5ltrs of snow foam and mesto foamer deal?