mirrorlink

stug45

Waiting on a Fabia Estate, contacted my dealer in Sweden about smartgate. They did not know what smartgate is! Asked them to check with Skoda Sweden. Yes, it is possible to have smartgate but no information about the prize in Sweden.

Here it how it looks like in Poland.

1. Smartgate is extra paid (around 80 pounds)

2. Mirrorlink is included within Bolero option - if you pay for Bolero, you get Mirrorlink.

Cheers.

Same as in Norway then.

Waiting on a Fabia Estate, contacted my dealer in Sweden about smartgate. They did not know what smartgate is! Asked them to check with Skoda Sweden. Yes, it is possible to have smartgate but no information about the prize in Sweden.

My dealer never heard of it either, nor mirrorlink and smartlink. Which dealer did you contact?

Hi all

Registered to to let you guys know this.

Got my new Fabia yesterday and was disappointed to find out that Mirrorlink did not work with my Samsung Alpha phone. Only purchased Mirrorlink to get satnav in the car.

Spoke to my local Skoda dealer in Denmark and he contacted the import. They told him that the "Mirrorlink project" is not closed at all and they are constantly adding new phones in the pool. Most popular Samsung phones will be added within 1-2 month.

Mirrorlink is only supported by these android models so far.

• HTC One M
  • Sony Xperia Z2
  • Sony Xperia Z3
  • Sony Xperia Z3 compact

I hope this is correct and can live without satnav 1-2 month more, when i have waited 4 month for the car :)

Edited by puntable
  • Like 1

I'd take that with a pinch of salt, keep seeing loads of complaints about mirrorlink and samsung phones on the internet, not just skoda, think there is something that stops them working.

Isn't there an additional piece of software required on samsung phones to get mirror link working?

That would be great if only a pieceof software could get it working. When i plugin the phone it can see the phone just fine and when i click "Connect" it goes "loading" for 10 secs before it says "Connection cancelled",

I read somewhere in this thread about one who plugged in phone, enabled mirrorlink on phone and then it worked, but i can see anything about mirrorlink on my phone....

There's issues with Samsung.

According to the new information from Skoda's website it looks like a software update will allow car play and android auto. (As originally planned)

When this is I await to see.

Hi all

As an iPhone user I was disappointed that it wasn't compatible

Tried Samsung Galaxy mini

Tried new Vodafone Smartphone

Have tried a HTC desire 820 after being advised by Skoda Customer Service that this will be compatible with Mirror Link

None have worked-desperate for Sat Nav facility!!

Wish I'd kept my Citigo!

From all the posts I take it that I'm never going to get my wish of my new Fabia having an integrated Sat Nav??

If you pay for Sygic sat nav it is the assumption that it does. I've not bothered with it.

The free trial how ever does not.

Sygic customer service seem pretty responsive so if you have any issues they will help.

I will be having a phone call with Skoda regarding android auto on Skoda's main site. (Not uk one)

If Skoda were truly 'Simply Clever',  

When you buy your new car you would get a Discount Voucher to use in 'Car Phone Warehouse'  or some other Phone Retailer 

to allow you to get a good deal replacing your phone.

That way Skoda & Phone Retailer both benefiting from Skoda having fitted 'Not very Clever Technology' to their latest cars.

I will get soon more information regarding android auto and Carplay from my dealer. Especially if it is going to be something new or an update.

Just got confirmation from the dealer that starting from week 22, all cars built with Bolero will support Android auto and Carplay!

The concept of Android Auto and Carplay is that the phone will do all the heavy lifting and the screen is just for the display. 

If they don't change the hardware inside the Bolero, then there might be solutions to upgrade the software... But if they have to change hardware also, then it seems like a bad news for early adopters :(